FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WEEKLY PICKS

<<

WildWolverine8

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:37 pm

Re: WEEKLY PICKS

Last year I was not awarded points for what I earned twice. But the race after the Charlotte race that no one was awarded points, I was awarded all the points for a perfect pick even though my pick was none right. Then a few days later they took the points back. That is fair as I did not earn those points. I have a friend that is no longer playing. She was not awarded points for a correct second place. We posted on this forum about the points and used the e-mail system here and were ignored. How can they take away points and tell us that they can not award us with the points that we have earned. I have not received my points for this week yet, have you?
<<

Jellikit

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:36 pm

beaverpond wrote:Jellikit,

Everybody starts with 180 points, then some people got points from Daytona if they made picks, also they got points if they got any in the top 3, then there are added points if they login to at least one thread each day.

I understand that, but look at I'm4Tony's points, and now wolverine..they both end in 2. Isn't that only possible by adding the second week of points for picks in?
<<

thorman52

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:55 am

andy 926 wrote: Yea, I also noticed that the people on the leader board have less points rite now than they did a few days ago.

I haven't lost any points but I think I've changed postions about 3 times this week. Not a biggie since I'm still in the group with the same amount of points. Very frustrating. I only see lioness with 2 points. Still!!
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:51 am

HTower wrote:
hoosierfan wrote:My picks are fine. I didn't get my points.

Boo Hoo. That doesn't make you any different than EVERY OTHER PERSON WHO PLAYED. Go back to lurking.

...he can post whatever he wants, WHENEVER he wants...I like how "noobs" think they "own" the site... :roll: :lol:
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

thorman52

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:29 am

They did it again. Went from 28th to 15th since this morning at 2:55 a.m. Still have the same 31 points showing though. Could it be that they've updated the positions but not the point totals? By my estimation I should have 62 points after Phoenix. Anybody else notice their position change? :roll:
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

beaverpond

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:45 am

Another thing to remember is that if somebody spams the site, they lose their ranking and all their points. I am not saying that is the case here, but it could be a possibility. There is another thought, due to the time you are logging in at...not everybody will have logged in yet and received their daily login points which could bump them up later in the day causing you to fall. Only time will tell if I am correct on this theory.
<<

andy926

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:19 pm

Well it's Sat. and still no points. The sad thing is that Nascar.com doesn't work, and now the SHR points system doesn't work. I don't know about everyone else, but you'd think Nascar.com would have their act together. But Nooooo. If anyone else is having dificulty with the Nascar site, I have a work around solution. I spoke to Nascar about the issue with their website. The down side.. no date in sight for it to work properly. The good news is... It only doesn't work if you're using Internet Explorer. If you try a different browser like FireFox, it's works fine. It's nice that the people over at Nascar.com are helpfull, unlike the site admins here that don't even respond to anyones concerns about the problems we ( or should I say they) are having. What ticks me off the most, is that we come here as a community to support the team, and have some fun along the way and the admins don't even respond or even put up a simple post to fill us in to what is going on. Hmmm, I hope Tony fired them and there are new ones starting now that might just do the job. Well I'm going to make my picks now. ( not really sure why ) but I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed and try to stay possitive about this whole situation. Best of luck to EVERYONE.
<<

thorman52

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:37 pm

Here we go again. Another log in...another position. Went from 15th (my previous post) to 36th but with the same 31 points. I've made my picks and submitted them and will just have to keep track of it myself.

And Beav, I think you are talking about total points. I'm just talking about the points on the "Weekly Picks" page. The total points seems to be okay. When the Weekly Picks points are updated, I assume the total points will be updated accordingly. That's a lot to hope for.

Yeah I'm online morning, noon and night. Haven't had a good night's sleep since 2008. Can't lay down to sleep. Have a rocker/recliner and it's okay but not the comfort of a nice bed. If anybody sees me up in the middle of the night, give me a hollar and we'll raid beav's frig for a midnight snack. I hear he's got a lot of the good stuff in there.
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

thorman52

Post Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:41 am

Same stuff...different day. Now I'm 30th. The movement tells me something is active with the stats on that game. Right? Well, when Vegas is done and they have two weeks of picks to update, that'll mean more confussion and more mistakes, I would think. Time for some racing. :lol: :D :!:
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

andy926

Post Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:42 pm

Well it's sad to think, but I'm pretty sure that nobody will get points for Pheonix. It's not the last time too I'm sure. What really stinks is wondering what "could have been". I don't take the game too serious, but I have to admit that that it does make watching the race a whole lot more fun. And, I really like to see how I stack up against other competitors here. I love clawing my way up the lader (especially when I start the season out in the "1 point club") I made a small move up the board, but should still be off the top 100. For me that's what makes it so much fun. My season goal is to just be in the top 25. I find it dishartining that the admins here don't give a hoot about all the GG and fans of SHR who take the time out of their day to come here and spend their time to support their team and help support either their fav. driver (and or) team to be treated so poorly. I think a simple announcement in the forum would make most people happy. Clearly not everyone, but an acknowlegement saying that they know there is a problem, and what they plan to do about it, or doing about it, isn't too much to ask for ....is it? Thanks Animink admins, you really know how to rain on someones parade, or in this case, race.
<<

thorman52

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:36 am

GOOD NEWS!! Just checked and I got my points from Phoenix. Looks like things are updated to that point anyway. Vegas info is still blank.
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:26 pm

I just noticed the same thing. I'm pretty sure they are the Phoenix points because the LV results are not even listed yet on the Weekly Picks page and it shows I earned 0 points for LV which I know is wrong.

Maybe Animink will get this corrected after all. :)
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:30 pm

Now Animink has the LV race results posted on the Weekly Picks page... maybe the points will be posted soon. :D
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

<<

andy926

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:35 am

Yay, and maight I say?... It's about time. Good luck everyone on your Bristol picks. God knows I need a little more than help at this point. lol
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:53 pm

The results for LV have been posted, but the points have NOT been awarded.

PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby