FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Denny fined.............25,000!!!!!

<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:49 am

Re: Denny fined.............25,000!!!!!

Rochelle wrote:Drivers are not employees, I believe they're considered independent contractors. Please don't start the union stuff, that's almost as bad as politics.

Well, we could talk about the historical significance of unions versus what they've evolved into in todays world/economy...but, that would be beyond the scope of this issue. My thing is that every sport has a union, in part, to keep things like this from happening. There would be ABSOLUTE guidelines for fines/disciplinary actions taken by the sanctioning body, clear lines of demarcation as to what's acceptable instead of NA$CAR'S "we'll tell you when you've stepped over the line" approach. One day you can be fined for the EXACT same thing that was acceptable the day before. A union would hold them to a specific, mutually agreed upon set of rules, without exception.

That's why I said I don't feel sorry for them. I wouldn't be o.k. with it, but if they are, then they should just shut up and pay the fines.
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:07 am

smokieonefour wrote:Rulezy .... you're forgetting one small factlet....

Unions come from the North ....

The South don't much care for them union things... cuz a country boy can survive ;-)

...yep, but...they didn't work for(this generation of) the Frances. ;) :mrgreen:
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:28 am

When they asked Tony about the Denny thing. I think he tried to be a bit PC (for tony) & tried not to say anything at all about it, but then the tony we know came out & basically said how big a deal they made out of it, disgusts him. (attaboy Tony) He said 15 years ago this wouldnt have ever happened.
ImageImageImage
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:36 pm

Did I just hear the biggest mouth of them all say "work your hands, not your mouth"? Really Darryl? Siding with NASCRAP? Wow, I'm shocked...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:40 pm

Rochelle wrote:Did I just hear the biggest mouth of them all say "work your hands, not your mouth"? Really Darryl? Siding with NASCRAP? Wow, I'm shocked...

Yeah DW & the FOX puppets are busy kissing Nascars A$S right now.
ImageImageImage
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing