FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Weekly Picks & Meal Club for 2013

<<

Mrs B

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:37 am

Re: Weekly Picks & Meal Club for 2013

I need more 50mm rounds for the gatling gun and more cannon balls. Just to show you my progress:

administrators office.jpg
administrators office.jpg (50.27 KiB) Viewed 1104 times
There are two ways of doing things...the wrong way and my way.

What, don't want to do it my way, there is a fine for that.
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:29 pm

Mrs B wrote:I need more 50mm rounds for the gatling gun and more cannon balls. Just to show you my progress:

administrators office.jpg

hahahaha Mrs B... I like your style :mrgreen:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Jellikit

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:47 pm

Hey all, just one more question on how the game works. From what I gather, if you don't make your picks, you're banished to the dungeon. But if you don't get one of the top 3 correct, you're required to make some delicious food for the rest of the club, is that correct? I've read through a handful of pages in this thread, just not all of them, so I apologize if I should have read that somewhere.
Thanks!
<<

HTower

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:52 pm

Jelli, I don't think it's a requirement, but we sure do appreciate it! Last season Beaver usually sent food even if he wasn't in the club. With my constant presence out at the club, I usually prepared provisions for myself and a few others a day ahead of time :D

Plus, there's always yardwork that needs to be done, cleaning the hot tub, restocking the fridge with beer, mowing the lawn, installing AC, etc.
<<

beaverpond

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:10 pm

The only way to end up in the dungeon is to forget to make your picks...this is not a place you want to be. This like most dungeons: you get electric shock treatment, there are straight jackets, iron chains to hold you to the walls, no bathrooms, lousy food...it is called burned undercooked food, shackels, handcuffs, leg irons, depending on how I feel depends on what kind of torture you get. You are allowed up to make your picks for the next race and watch the race.

Now if none of your drivers come in the top 3, then you are banished to the WEEKLY PICKS AND MEAL CLUB until you get a driver in the top 3. While in there, you and everybody else are required to prepare all meals for everybody else in the CLUB for that week and post on a daily basis what is being prepared. There are times when you could be in there for a month or more at a time. So be imaginative.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

Jellikit

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:52 pm

Thanks!
With that,,,going to make wholesale changes now. ;)
<<

beaverpond

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:29 pm

The Club has two fire pits outside, beautiful shrubs, plenty of lawn to build a 9 hole golf course…hint, hint, hint…we also have five computers, three printers, fully automatic alarm system, two 30 cubic foot side by side Kenmore Pro Series fridge / freezers, two Kenmore Pro Series ovens, I upgraded our 42 inch television to a 60 inch that hangs over the fireplace, we also have a Bunn Coffee Brewer System and a Bunn Cappuccino Machine. The coffee brand is from Green Mountain Coffee Roasters and the flavors are Original, Decaf, Hazelnut, & French Vanilla. As for the Cappuccino, we are talking about Peppermint Stick, French Vanilla, & Hot Chocolate.

I have also been over to the Lodge, where we go when Tony, Ryan, or Danica finishes in the top 3 but is not one of our picks. It has the same amenities as the Club House, but it has a go-kart track that goes around a pond, a miniature golf course, 200 rooms with wi-fi connections, an indoor and outdoor swimming pool, library, huge lobby, huge patio for barbeques, pub, and several huge dining area. There are 72 inch televisions in the pub, lobby, and dining areas. Each room has a 42 inch television and two queen size beds.
Image Image

<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:35 pm

beaverpond wrote:The only way to end up in the dungeon is to forget to make your picks...this is not a place you want to be. This like most dungeons: you get electric shock treatment, there are straight jackets, iron chains to hold you to the walls, no bathrooms, lousy food...it is called burned undercooked food, shackels, handcuffs, leg irons, depending on how I feel depends on what kind of torture you get. You are allowed up to make your picks for the next race and watch the race.

Now if none of your drivers come in the top 3, then you are banished to the WEEKLY PICKS AND MEAL CLUB until you get a driver in the top 3. While in there, you and everybody else are required to prepare all meals for everybody else in the CLUB for that week and post on a daily basis what is being prepared. There are times when you could be in there for a month or more at a time. So be imaginative.

Watch out Jelli... beave can be more cruel than you can imagine :shock: I don't believe he's had someone down there for awhile so that is fair warning for everyone to be sure their picks are in... :twisted:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

beaverpond

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:31 pm

Guantanamo Bay is a paradise compared to my place :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Image Image

<<

Jellikit

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:40 pm

First week in, first meal prepared. This afternoon will be a brunch. French toast is the feature. We have a variety of sauces and toppings. My son loves blueberry sauce, so that's a must. Strawberry and marmalade are available too, plus the standards of syrup, powdered sugar, and whipped cream. We also have eggs benedict w/ my own homemade hollandaise sauce.
Bacon, ham, strawberries, cantaloupe, grapes, home-fries and fresh squeezed orange-juice round off what's left in the fridge. Man, the wife is gonna be ticked. Will have to restock this afternoon.

Also, to accommodate the member's children, I've prepared some sidewalk chalk for their amusement and to add a little color outside. ;)
1 part corn starch to 1 part water, (usually about a cup of each) mixed well, then placed in water-bottle ice cube trays, freeze-pop molds, or muffin tins. Add in a couple drops of food coloring and mix well. Allow to completely harden by leaving out to dry. Washes off easy too.

Hope my first attempt pleases.
Have a great day all! :mrgreen:
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:55 pm

Bravo!
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

thorman52

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:38 pm

Oh my...you want me to cook? Don't know what you're asking. Since jellikit did such a great brunch, I'll do what I can for a mid-afternoon snack. BRB. Gotta see what's in the pantry. lol
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:41 pm

I got my 11 points for Phoenix. Now I'll be waiting on my lone 1 point for Vegas.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:06 pm

I was going to say, why steal from home, we have two Kenmore refrigerator / freezer Pro Series Units. These things are huge and fully loaded. The panty is also fully stocked. Lets just say we enough food in there plus what is out in my motorhome to feed us comfortably for more than a week. I never supply alcohol, so everybody is on their own for that. There is always bottled water, soda, fruit juice, and Kool-Aid.

My motorcoach from last year had an unfortunate accident with one one of the towns snow plows when it went off the road this winter. Not a pretty picture. But this is a much better one. Got to love our town, trying to blame me for parking it my yard when the town plow went off the road because he was going too fast and rolled the plow onto my motorcoach. This is when you find out how good your insurance is...they say we are self insuranced and I said not my problem, I want a knew motorcoach. So here it is:

new motorcoach.jpg
new motorcoach.jpg (48.14 KiB) Viewed 1085 times
Image Image

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:23 pm

:shock: Nice!
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby