FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Denny fined.............25,000!!!!!

<<

Annalee

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:07 pm

Denny fined.............25,000!!!!!

Evidently Denny made some disparaging remarks after the race in Phoenix about the Gen 6 car.....on RACEHUB he was so mad and said they could suspend him but he wasn't paying the fine.....WOW....I am sorry but I don't know what he said that wasn't true or that bad!!

Hamlin fined for Phoenix post-race comments UPDATES: NASCAR has fined driver #11-Denny Hamlin $25,000 for comments he made following the March 3 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Phoenix International Raceway. NASCAR determined that Hamlin violated Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing) of the 2013 NASCAR Rule Book. NASCAR issued the following statement regarding the penalty: "Following the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series event last Sunday at Phoenix International Raceway, Denny Hamlin made some disparaging remarks about the on-track racing that had taken place that afternoon. While NASCAR gives its competitors ample leeway in voicing their opinions when it comes to a wide range of aspects about the sport, the sanctioning body will not tolerate publicly made comments by its drivers that denigrate the racing product."(NASCAR)
Comments: NASCAR did not announce the specific comment that got Hamlin fined, but the following appears to be his primary complaint against the car after the race (per Toyota PR):
Q: How much did you learn about the new race car today?
Hamlin: "We learned a lot. I don't want to be the pessimist, but it did not race as good as our generation five cars. This is more like what the generation five was at the beginning. The teams hadn't figured out how to get the aero balance right. Right now, you just run single-file and you cannot get around the guy in front of you. You would have placed me in 20th-place with 30 (laps) to go, I would have stayed there -- I wouldn't have moved up. It's just one of those things where track position is everything."(3-7-2013)
UPDATE: Denny Hamlin said on Thursday that he refuses to pay the fine that NASCAR assessed him after comments he made regarding the new Generation 6 car last weekend at Phoenix International Raceway. The car debuted in the Sprint Cup Series this season. "Ultimately, I'm not OK with it," Hamlin said of the penalty. "This is the most upset and angry I've been about anything in a really, really long time  anything that relates to NASCAR ... the truth is what the truth is and I don't believe in this, I'm never going to believe in it. As far as I'm concerned, I'm not going to pay the fine. If they suspend me, they suspend me. I don't care at this point."(Fox Sports)(3-7-2013)
UPDATE 2: NASCAR VP of Competition Robin Pemberton discussed the fine Thursday afternoon:
Q. Denny Hamlin was saying he's not planned to pay the fine that he was given for his comments. What would be the procedure and how long does he have to pay?
ROBIN PEMBERTON: He also has the ability to appeal. The fines are supposed to be paid as soon as possible, but we're not in any of those windows yet where it seems to be a problem.
Q. Where is the limitation for what drivers can say without facing a fine if they have concerns about the car, whatever?
ROBIN PEMBERTON: We give them quite a bit of latitude, but you can't slam your racing, you can't slam your product. That's where it crosses a line.
Q. If Denny wants to appeal the fine, what would that process entail?
ROBIN PEMBERTON: He has to let us know. He has to write a letter.
Q. He can continue to compete?
ROBIN PEMBERTON: Yes. It's like every other appeal. Over the course of time, you remember mechanics and crew chiefs, whatever, if they appeal, then they can continue to carry on business as usual until the appeal has been heard and ruled on.
Q. Just to clarify on that. When he does appeal, does it also go to the National Stockcar Racing Commission and then to the chief appellate officer?
ROBIN PEMBERTON: This isn't any different than an illegal part or piece.(NASCAR)(3-7-2013)

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Rochelle

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:33 pm

Re: Denny fined.............25,000!!!!!

Yep, this is a big old stinky pile of poop.

NASCRAP is just trying to fill their coffers early this year. I hope he either appeals or doesn't pay it. He put what he said in nicer terms than NASCAR deserved in my opinion. Both Daytona and Phoenix were snooze fests till the last few laps. What's wrong with comparing the two? And he said they don't have a handle on the aero balance yet. Getting a 25,000 fine for saying that? I'd be drawn and quartered for what I've said... Kyle said the Gen 5 car drove like a piece of crap but I don't remember him getting fined for that...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

HTower

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:27 pm

That was.... tame on Denny's part. Every driver is going to refuse to answer all questions after this. The only response they will utter will be to thank their sponsors. Not one word about racing.
<<

Annalee

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:51 pm

Here is another statement released by Denny::::::: I believe he is mad enough to win this race, so he can say TAKE THAT NASCAR!!

The short of the long of it is I believe I was severely disrespected by NASCAR by getting fined. I believe that the simple fact of us not even having a conversation about this issue before I was hit with a fine has something to say about our relationship. What I said was 1 sentence taken completely out of context. Most drivers will tell you that we constantly have our AND nascars best interest in mind when speaking. On the other hand I am a person that worked very hard from the BOTTOM to get where I am today and someone telling me that I can give my 100 percent honest opinion really bothers me. Since being fined in 2010 I have been a lot more careful about what I say to media and I felt this past weekend felt completely in my rights to give a assessment of the question asked. I feel as if today NASCAR lost one of its biggest supporters vocally of where our sport is headed. So in the end there are no winners. I said today I would not pay the fine. I stand by that and will go through the process of appealing. Trust me, this is not about the money.. It's much deeper. I will now shift my focus on giving FedEx and my team what they deserve this weekend, a win.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:34 am

I responded to this on another board I frequent. I am gonna not do so here, since I end up typing a bunch of cuss words. It just simply amazes me that nascar continues to treat its fans like we are a bunch of idiots though (as they have continued to do for years) We didnt need Denny to tell us that cars sucked right now. We watch the races!

I had to laugh when nascar basically said that the fans were to stupid to follow the points system which is their claim why they were changing it. Why didnt they fine themselves for that?

I'm not laughing now. Now I am helplessly annoyed!
I know it is an impossibilty with sponsor committments & such, but I wish the other drivers would take a stand on this bullImage
I pray I dont hear drivers in interviews Kissing Nascars A$S & taking their side on this.

Well I guess I lied. I did respond, but this post was much more tame than my last one I posted on this subject. :evil:
Hope Denny doesnt pay the fine, & sticks to his guns even if it does get him suspended. Also hope JGR stands behind him on the decision. man I wish there was a way to hurt nascar right now.

I am gonna stop now, before I get on roll & get offenisive.

Just remember........ nascar thinks your an idiot!
ImageImageImage
<<

#14smokefan

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:42 am

These guys are all going to stop answering questions. I would. Is that what NASCAR really wants? I guess then they will start forcing them to talk and fine them for not talking. :?
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:50 am

#14smokefan wrote:These guys are all going to stop answering questions. I would. Is that what NASCAR really wants? I guess then they will start forcing them to talk and fine them for not talking. :?

yeah, they will start fining them for not talking & not giving Nascar a way to fine them.

Fines for everybody!

I would love 43 drivers say, no comments after the race on Sunday. Wouldnt that be awesome!
ImageImageImage
<<

#14smokefan

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:00 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
#14smokefan wrote:These guys are all going to stop answering questions. I would. Is that what NASCAR really wants? I guess then they will start forcing them to talk and fine them for not talking. :?

yeah, they will start fining them for not talking & not giving Nascar a way to fine them.

Fines for everybody!

I would love 43 drivers say, no comments after the race on Sunday. Wouldnt that be awesome!

It would be awesome! Almost as uncomfortable as it was for Erin with 50Cent!!!! :D
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:23 am

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM............

#1....Drivers no talk ??????
#2....People no watch ??????
#3....NASCAR NO BE !!!!!

No talking on the drivers parts ???? ...... Can we imagine the fines if the drivers were to let a few of the guys from the WWE answer questions for them ?? I for one would SURE AS H3LL pay BBBIIIIIIGGG bucks to go to the media tent for that kind of Q & A. I mean, C'MON....NASCAR is turning into something that rivals the Kardashian mentality.....If people got suspended for acting on impulse "BACK IN THE DAY".......I kinda got a funny feeling that Petty wouldn't have 7 titles, nor would Pearson have 3.....$hit is just as real today as it was 30-40 years ago. Sad thing is, back then it was instinct that made all the sense in the world....NOW......INSTINCT seems to be the one thing that you're NOT SUPPOSED to act on.....I'm confused
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:22 am

they also disabled the comments section, on nascar.com conveniently.
ImageImageImage
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:22 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:they also disabled the comments section, on nascar.com conveniently.

lol, I commented on that a while back. If they didn't want comments about their crappy website before, they should be on their knees bowing to someone over the fact they can't get comments posted now.

Are their revenues down? Do they need extra dough for the fence investigation? WTF
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:48 pm

ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:52 pm

LOL I guess those that tweet, are retweeting #standwithdenny. Guess it broke 200 retweets already (whatever that is)
ImageImageImage
<<

BlackFlag

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:02 pm

We need to get Jack Nicholson to tell NASCAR: "You can't HANDLE the TRUTH!" :P
My least favorite band in the history of music is called: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:09 pm

BlackFlag wrote:We need to get Jack Nicholson to tell NASCAR: "You can't HANDLE the TRUTH!" :P

then Have Stone cold Steve Austin tell them what the truth is LOL & go treat Brian France & Helton like he did Vince McMahon
ImageImageImage
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing