FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

The New Gen 6 Car

<<

#14smokefan

Post Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:09 am

The New Gen 6 Car

Is it just me or do these cars seem to be coming apart easier than the older cars? Even smaller incidents the cars seem to me to sustain a bit more damage than what I remember in the past. Quarter panels seem to come loose easier etc. Maybe I'm just getting old and can't remember well but thought I'd see if anyone else had similar thoughts. :D
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:44 am

Re: The New Gen 6 Car

I agree. the COT car was like a tank. The gen 6 car is more like the old car. Which means Kyle wont be doing much more winning. :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

smokieonefour

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:24 pm

I've seen the stock cars change so many times, over my 20 + years. :-(

Seems like when it started out, everyone could pick a make, off the show room floor and modify it.

Then the modifications became standard and every team was left to see what they could do with the make and modifications.

Now it's all about what the teams can do with the standard modifications. ( Sigh )

Every time the stock car changes, NASCAR tries to convince us that it's 'good progress' until they change it again. I'm not against change... but instead of all the hype, how about a wait-and-see attitude? An objective view, instead of ramming their subjective view down our throats at every opportunity?
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:40 pm

smokieonefour wrote:I've seen the stock cars change so many times, over my 20 + years. :-(

Seems like when it started out, everyone could pick a make, off the show room floor and modify it.

Then the modifications became standard and every team was left to see what they could do with the make and modifications.

Now it's all about what the teams can do with the standard modifications. ( Sigh )

Every time the stock car changes, NASCAR tries to convince us that it's 'good progress' until they change it again. I'm not against change... but instead of all the hype, how about a wait-and-see attitude? An objective view, instead of ramming their subjective view down our throats at every opportunity?

You might want to ask for Denny Hamlin's opinion on this. LOL
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

onerockindoc

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:43 pm

Nana, Denny might find it easier to pass. He is a little lighter now. 25 thousand big ones to he exact
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:46 pm

onerockindoc wrote:Nana, Denny might find it easier to pass. He is a little lighter now. 25 thousand big ones to he exact

So I heard. Hope the baby has plenty of diapers. LOL
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:18 pm

lol, but for now he said he's not going to pay it. He's appealing and that could take quite a while.

Robin Pemberton needs to get his head out of his rear. Denny didn't slam anything. Maybe someone will give Robin a scholarship to refresh his listening skills. Of course, where his head is, it's probably hard to hear... :twisted:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Return to NASCAR & Racing