FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New Fox Sports 1....................

<<

Annalee

Post Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:33 pm

New Fox Sports 1....................

SPEED to be rebranded as Fox Sports 1 UPDATE: FOX Sports Media Group officially unveiled plans to launch a new, national, multi-sport network called FOX Sports 1. The announcement was made by FSMG Co-Presidents and COOs Randy Freer and Eric Shanks. Set to debut on Saturday, Aug. 17, just as FOX Sports kicks-off its 20th anniversary year, FS1 is available in over 90 million homes, making this the biggest sports cable network launch in history, and one of the largest network launches ever. At the outset, FS1 boasts nearly 5,000 hours of live event, news and original programming annually. A robust schedule of live events forms the backbone of FOX Sports 1's programming from Day 1, with college basketball, college football, NASCAR, soccer and UFC all on tap between launch and year's end. In fact, the schedule on Aug. 17 features live events morning, noon and night including a NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race from Michigan and "UFC on FS1 1" in prime time. In 2014, FSMG's new rights agreement with MLB takes effect, bringing regular and postseason games to FS1.
NASCAR programming will include: Select NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races as soon as 2015; NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races; NASCAR Sprint All-Star race; all SpeedWeeks events leading up to the Daytona 500 including: Daytona 500 Qualifying, Sprint Unlimited at Daytona (2014, 2017-22)
and the Budweiser Duel, now in prime time; NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and NCWTS Practice and Qualifying sessions; NASCAR RaceDay, providing pre- and post-race coverage; NASCAR Victory Lane, a weekly wrap-up show; and Race Hub, a daily mid-day studio show with the latest from drivers, owners and garages.
FSMG's experimentation with the "double box" commercial format, intended to keep viewers engaged throughout breaks, is expected to be an FS1 staple.Fox PR)(3-5-2013)
UPDATE: Select Sprint Cup Series races will be shown on the new Fox Sports 1 channel starting in 2015, the network announced. Fox Sports Media Group has the rights to [the season's first] 13 races, and the news release Tuesday did not indicate which of those races will move from network television to cable. NASCAR officials confirmed when the Fox 2015-2022 deal was announced last October that the Daytona 500 will remain on network television. Speed shows such as NASCAR
RaceDay, NASCAR Victory Lane and Race Hub will be added to the Fox Sports 1 lineup. Race Hub, typically a 6:00pm/et show on Speed, will move to midday.(Sporting News)(3-6-2013)
............................................................................................................................

I don't really know I feel about this, but I do know I love the picture in picture during commercials....I also heard Regis Philbin will have a program on the new network...that should be interesting. :roll:
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
#Support Smoke
<<

Rochelle

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:10 am

Re: New Fox Sports 1....................

Ugh, I read that a little earlier. That's going to ruin the only motorsports TV station we have. If I wanted to see that other stuff I'd watch it on another channel. Oh well... All good things must come to an end. BUT WHY?
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

#14smokefan

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:46 am

The big question I have is are they going to have commercials every 30 seconds? At least it seems that way when I am watching a race on FOX. It sure feels like they go to a commercial break constantly.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:47 am

because everyone else is doing it, except for racing speed is junk with those horrible shows they use for fillers, specially that fantastic redneck show...
<<

awsum14

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:29 am

:roll: Does that mean they can pre-emp. a race for Foozeball championship :?:
If at first you don't succeed, don't give up
Try Harder
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:03 am

Rochelle wrote:Ugh, I read that a little earlier. That's going to ruin the only motorsports TV station we have. If I wanted to see that other stuff I'd watch it on another channel. Oh well... All good things must come to an end. BUT WHY?

I agree with you, Rochelle. What is now a dedicated motorsports channel will be splitting it's time across ALL sports, which can only mean less time for NASCAR.

Until I see the programming schedule, I have my doubts that there will be as much motorsports covered.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

HTower

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:31 pm

michaeljohn wrote:because everyone else is doing it, except for racing speed is junk with those horrible shows they use for fillers, specially that fantastic redneck show...

Agreed. I hope they dump that "Racing Game Show" program, I won't shed a tear if they can the Hard Parts show either.

I'm not worried about losing NASCAR events, but I think we will see a drop in how many dirt truck races, and motor bike races are shown.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:15 pm

Well.....

1) Since NASCAR-dot-can't changed their site this season, I have switched over to Fox Sports for their leader board and live points pages. They are like the old nascar pages. I checked a lot of sites before finally settling on Fox Sports as the best sites / pages for me, to access during a race.

2) Since some of us are a little paranoid about our sport now and the changes made by the outside world - (( ie: the army, sponsors, etc )) how bad can it be to be backed by a conservative network? ? I think this pretty much assures us that prayer will always be included and never omitted. :-)

3) Since it is FOX News at the bottom of it - I have to wonder how much they will get right & wrong.... and .... "Fox news has reporters?" LOL (( Bill Maher ))

4) If they make Sean Hannity a commentator... I'm out! LOL
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:04 pm

Cable. Blah.

Have to pay extra for Speed, I have to have the jerold box because my TV is so old I can't get all the regular cable channels. Then have to pay for speed TV on top of that as well. Now they're just making a sports channel with Fox. Because of this, my cable for this sports channel went from 4 something a month for just Speed now to short of $9 a month.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:35 pm

You all know I'm a worry wart and I don't like change. This FS1 stuff scares me. I don't want to loose any Nascar coverage, but what about the other racing forms? Dirt truck and motorcycle races have been mentioned, but what about WoO and USAC and all the others?

My family enjoys 200 channels of viewing because that is the smallest package with SPEED. Will FS1 require a larger programing package?

This past off-season, I thought SPEED did a very good job of relieving our addiction by showing a re-run race almost everyday. Will FS1 treat us so well?

In the articles I've read so far, no mention has been made about Nationwide. I'm guessing the ESPN contract has some time to go. But if that expires, will FS1 pick up NNS? (I won't mention that Allen Bestwick is the only ESPN personality I like.)

Enquiring minds want to know. Worry warts want to freat.
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:31 pm

NascarNanaOK wrote:My family enjoys 200 channels of viewing because that is the smallest package with SPEED. Will FS1 require a larger programing package?

That will be up to each individual local cable provider. They are the ones who create the channel bundles, not the source networks.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14

Return to NASCAR & Racing