FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Jennifer Jo Cobb accused of larceny

<<

jamo14

Post Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:18 pm

Jennifer Jo Cobb accused of larceny

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6247846

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The owner of 2nd Chance Motorsports has filed a police report alleging larceny charges against Jennifer Jo Cobb, the driver who walked away from his Nationwide Series car five minutes before the start of Saturday's race at Bristol Motor Speedway over a start-and-park issue.

Rick Russell alleged that Cobb and crew chief Steve Kuykendall stole $16,000 worth of race car parts from his Mooresville, N.C. facility. Russell said police found about half of the missing parts on Sunday in a storage bin used by Cobb not far from the shop.

"Both her and her crew chief said they didn't know how it got there," Russell said. "I'm in the race parts-selling business. There were containers of parts that came right off the shelves with the prices still marked on them."

Cobb said the storage units belonged to Russell and that he agreed to let her and Kuykendall move some of the parts there while their partnership existed to clear space in the shop.

She said there was no attempt to steal anything and that she told Russell on Sunday to take all the parts that were his.

"I'm not sure how you steal something from someone when you move it from their property A to their property B," Cobb said. "It's just him trying to stir up more trouble. I'm not concerned. He's just trying to rattle us.

"Picture a divorce. You move out of house and accidentally take the ex-wife's favorite hair brush you both use. That's what this is like."

Mooresville police could not be reached, but Russell said arrests would be made. Cobb said neither she nor Kuykendall have been served a warrant and she doesn't expect one.

"His name is on the storage unit," Cobb said. "How can he accuse us of stealing something when it was just transferred from their shop to their storage unit? It was just a matter of freeing up space."

Russell said he also has turned all the necessary information over to his attorney to sue Cobb for breach of contract. Cobb said she doesn't plan any legal action against Russell, but said Russell still has several items that she owns in his possession, including the car seat.

"I have receipts and some things have serial numbers, like my seat," she said. "There's several items they wouldn't be able to race without this weekend."

Cobb signed with 2nd Chance Motorsports to drive the first five Nationwide races. She walked away from the car at Bristol in protest of having to start and park.

Cobb said there was no mention of parking before then, and that when she informed Russell of plans to drive the entire race he threatened to have NASCAR black flag her.

Russell said it was clear after Cobb crashed at Las Vegas that he would park early at Bristol to preserve the car for California, noting he didn't hire a pit crew or buy tires to run the entire race. He said Cobb and her crew chief purchased tires and hired a pit crew.

Russell added that Cobb already had breached her contract because she didn't provide the engines for Las Vegas and Bristol as the contract states. Cobb insisted she lived up to the contract, noting a second party provided $15,000 toward a $30,000 engine she used at Vegas.

Russell said Cobb knew well before the race she was going to have to park and that the move in front of a national television audience on ESPN was premeditated.

"It was going to be done after California if she didn't make restitution for repairs on the car and the rental of motors," Russell said of the partnership. "I was giving her until the end of the race at Bristol to give me the money. She didn't have any money.

"They [Cobb, Kuykendall and pit crew] stood on pit road watching their watches until five minutes before the start time and left."

Cobb said in Friday's team meeting the discussion of driving conservatively to protect the car was the only thing that came up.

"We were in it for the entire race," she said. "The word start and park or X-amount of laps was never said."

Cobb will drive this weekend at Auto Club Speedway in California for Rick Ware Racing, which signed her on Sunday to a one-race deal. Tim Andrews will drive for Russell.

David Newton covers NASCAR for ESPN.com. He can be reached at dnewtonespn@aol.com.
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:47 pm

Re: Jennifer Jo Cobb accused of larceny

Russell sounds like a CLASS A DOUCHE BAG.... :shock:
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

jamo14

Post Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:51 pm

I was impressed I could actually copy & paste something.
Though I wasn't able to get the espn video to show up, it's her in a interview with espn..

How 'boutcha phamo, got your ears on? (sorry about the trucker talk, it's how I talk sometimes)

<<

BevAnn

Post Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:55 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:Russell sounds like a CLASS A DOUCHE BAG.... :shock:

He's doesn't just sound like one ... he looks like one too.
You ain't nobody unless you've been boo'ed sometime - Bob Dylan
<<

jamo14

Post Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:56 pm

BevAnn wrote:
midwesternsmoke wrote:Russell sounds like a CLASS A DOUCHE BAG.... :shock:

He's doesn't just sound like one ... he looks like one too.

He must be one funny lookin dude

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:07 am

jamo14 wrote:Though I wasn't able to get the espn video to show up, it's her in a interview with espn..

Hey, jamo... I asked phamo about this a couple weeks ago. The way this board is set up, the only videos you can embed in a post are ones from YouTube. So you can stop beating your head against the wall. ;)
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:22 am

Maybe someone'll "hook" his car into the wall the next couple races...then he'll have even MORE car parts on his hands... ;) :D
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:23 am

smoke14rulez wrote:Maybe someone'll "hook" his car into the wall the next couple races...then he'll have even MORE car parts on his hands... ;) :D

Better than having her pile into a wreck ten seconds after it's over, like she did a couple weeks ago in Vegas (not to mention last February's truck race on the first lap).
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:30 am

Smoke14TS wrote:
smoke14rulez wrote:Maybe someone'll "hook" his car into the wall the next couple races...then he'll have even MORE car parts on his hands... ;) :D

Better than having her pile into a wreck ten seconds after it's over, like she did a couple weeks ago in Vegas (not to mention last February's truck race on the first lap).

...gettin' the feelin' you're not a fan... ;)
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

duffygoofy

Post Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:31 am

I hear that she has a ride for this weekend.(maybe they will park her again)
ImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:48 am

only reason people are jumpin on her bandwagon is because she is the complete opposite of danica, by that i mean she has no talent to drive.......................ohhhhhhhhhhhh im gonna get nailed for this
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:58 am

michaeljohn wrote:only reason people are jumpin on her bandwagon is because she is the complete opposite of danica, by that i mean she has no talent to drive.......................ohhhhhhhhhhhh im gonna get nailed for this

You said it.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

jamo14

Post Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:38 am

HiddenHollow wrote:
jamo14 wrote:Though I wasn't able to get the espn video to show up, it's her in a interview with espn..

Hey, jamo... I asked phamo about this a couple weeks ago. The way this board is set up, the only videos you can embed in a post are ones from YouTube. So you can stop beating your head against the wall. ;)

Thanks Hollow!

My head was beginning to hurt :|

<<

jamo14

Post Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:40 am

michaeljohn wrote:only reason people are jumpin on her bandwagon is because she is the complete opposite of danica, by that i mean she has no talent to drive.......................ohhhhhhhhhhhh im gonna get nailed for this

:lol:

<<

jamo14

Post Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:40 am

THAT'S FUNNY RIGHT THERE TOO!

Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing