FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Missing Login Points

<<

thorman52

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:28 am

Re: Missing Login Points

Yeah, I see what you mean. I can see the 61 points...but where does the other 1 point come in? :?: :?: :?:
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:43 am

You get 1 point just for playing even if all your picks are wrong... like I got for Daytona last week. :mrgreen:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

thorman52

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:15 pm

:( Okay, I'm going to figure this out one way or nuther. The leader has 62 points. How so?
According to the rules:
Let's start off with 1 point for playing.
You can only fall into one of 2 categories:
Category A: picks in correct order (all 3 correct (100 pts.) too much, 1st & 2nd correct (50 pts.) possible but where does the other 11 pts. come from? Can't jump to another category;
1st correct - same as above except where would the other 31 points come from?
Category B: picks in incorrect order 3 correct but not in order (50 pts.) possible also but same as above; 2 correct but not in order (25 pts.) no way...odd number of points; 1 correct but not in order (10 pts.) possibe but where does the other 52 points come from?
This leaves another question as to where the extra one (1) point come from making a 62 point total.
No HSR driver placed in the top 3 so that eliminates any odd points. The only possible point totals for Week 1 are: 1, 101, 51, 26, 31, 11

One other thing, the leader is mighty lucky and quite knowlegable. The leader is from Michigan, joined this site the Wednesday before the race, hasn't posted at all. Anybody have any other insight on the confussion? I am confused but I had fun trying to figure it all out.

Gotta go...race is starting.
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

beaverpond

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:39 pm

This is just one of the reasons why I dropped out of the weekly picks this season. Last season I managed to spend most of the season in the top 5 in points and the prize went to somebody who only posted to the forum once. Even though they say the prize goes to somebody in the top 25. The winner was in 1st place. The previous few years the winner has always been an inactive forum member who only plays for the points and the winner has been the person in first place except once. Not exactly anybody within the top 25 when it is the person in first place. They might as well say they are going to give the prize to the first place winner and this person does not have to participate in the forum. That is the reason JSW crafted a trophy for forum members and Annalee and HTower are keeping track of picks and points for forum members.

Myself and several other members felt severely burned by how things played out. Then during the off season there was a lot of discussion of running a points program with a trophy for active forum members only.

There has been a lot of inconsistencies in the points tracking by the administrators weekly points. If you try to correct them, they usually make you worse off than you were before. As has been stated either on this thread or another one, things got seriously messed up after the Charlotte race in the Chase. Some people got three times what they were supposed to and others got nothing. So a lot of us have just cause to feel the way we do.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

thorman52

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:43 pm

:( :x :cry: Now I feel like an idiot. Thank you for the info. Me being a newbie, I didn't know of the past trials and tribulations this site has had. When I joined and saw the contest, I was excited for the chance to participate, much less win anything. I am relatively new in watching NASCAR (10 yrs.) and thought I'd test my knowledge/luck against the veterans. I even picked JJ to win last week. You could only imagine what I felt like then. So now, I don't know why I would play any more...But I'm going to finish the season. Whatever points the leader now has, I will subtract from the leader at the end of the contest and consider that as MY standing.

When I found this person, (leader) I thought it was suspicious. Maybe a plant by the Administrators to make sure they won and nobody else could win. But WHY???

Oh well, I see Danica just got smacked. Looks like she'll be out. "better days ahead".
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

beaverpond

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:18 pm

You see that is the reason to stay, there are a lot of fun people here from all over the country, some play the weekly picks run by the administrators and some play our picks game run by a couple members of the forum. The whole thing is about how much fun we have in the forum with everybody. These are the true fans, the ones in the forum. I have learned over the winter and some down time that if I let these administrators run how I feel about being a fan of NASCAR and my favorite drivers then these idiots will ruin it for everybody. It was this reason and a few more that I decided not to participate in the administrators weekly picks game.

Please stick around, participate in the forums, enjoy the fun with other fans from around the country. As A14 said, we are one big happy dysfunctional family. I think we all have to be in order to still be here.
Image Image

<<

thorman52

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:54 am

Well then, if you'd just pass me a bunch of those clams, shrimp, and scallops I'll make myself at home. I'll take some corn too...but hold the butter, I'm trying to lower my cholesterol. :lol:

Where is this other pick-em site? I'll play both if allowed.
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:15 am

This is the administrators "weekly picks" http://www.stewarthaasracing.com/fan/picks/
Click on "games"
Click on "weekly picks"
Pick a driver for each position
Click "save"
Do this for every race except the all-star race
Now with this one, if you have drivers in the correct order then you get points for List A, but if so much as one of them is out of order then all of your points come from List B.

Then there is the "Official G.G. Raceday Points Club"
This is the one run by two of the Forum Members and another member built a trophy. This contest is for forum members only.

Then we have the "Weekly Picks & Meal Club for 2013"
This is where you go when you get no picks in either picks race correct. Check out the first post and see what it has for ammenities. I think you will like what you find.
Image Image

<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:20 am

I will overnight you the seafood that you requested, but you forgot to ask for the lobster and seaweed. Steam or boil the seafood in the seaweed and it is like boiling it in sea salt water.

When I do it, I have the ability of using North Atlantic sea water so I get the added benefit.
Image Image

<<

thorman52

Post Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:42 pm

I started asking questions in posts that are for other purposes. I believe this is the place to learn and ask questions...Right??? So I have a few questions concerning the posting:

1. :?: Do you edit your message before or after you actually type the message? i.e. Font size, Italic, Font color, etc.? I don't get all that bracket stuff that shows how your editing it. Just gets in my way.
2. :?: How do you include a member's quote in your post? I see the Quote button on the toolbar but do I copy/paste and then highlight and click on Quote?
3. :?: I see on the toolbar: a) List; b) List=; and c) [*] which is for list item. What are they talking about when they say list? What's the diference in List and List= and [*] List item?
4. :?: I was going to start a new topic and thought I saw that option once somewhere but can't find it now. I don't think the above questions belong in the Missing Log-in Points folder. How do I start a new topic?

That's enough for today's lesson in posting 101. :) Thanks to anyone that may answer this.
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:32 pm

thorman52 wrote:I started asking questions in posts that are for other purposes. I believe this is the place to learn and ask questions...Right??? So I have a few questions concerning the posting:

1. :?: Do you edit your message before or after you actually type the message? i.e. Font size, Italic, Font color, etc.? I don't get all that bracket stuff that shows how your editing it. Just gets in my way.
2. :?: How do you include a member's quote in your post? I see the Quote button on the toolbar but do I copy/paste and then highlight and click on Quote?
3. :?: I see on the toolbar: a) List; b) List=; and c) [*] which is for list item. What are they talking about when they say list? What's the diference in List and List= and [*] List item?
4. :?: I was going to start a new topic and thought I saw that option once somewhere but can't find it now. I don't think the above questions belong in the Missing Log-in Points folder. How do I start a new topic?

That's enough for today's lesson in posting 101. :) Thanks to anyone that may answer this.

1. Edit the message after typing it.
  Code:
Edit the message [i]after[/i] typing it.

After I typed the line above, I clicked & dragged over the word 'after' to highlight it then clicked on the italic button in the toolbar. That inserts the "bracket stuff" as you called it, which is BBCode. Sorry, it's necessary and just the way this forum software works.

BBCode is explained here :arrow: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBCode

2. Click on the QUOTE button at the bottom-right corner of the post you want to quote. See screenshot below:
I quoted your post that way.

3. There are several different formats for making lists with BBCode. Some examples are given here :arrow: http://www.bbcode.org/examples/?id=12

4. The "New Topic" button is displayed at the top-left corner of each forum ("Tony" for example). See screenshot below:

Except, there is no "New Topic" button in the "VIP Garage Gang News" or "Board Questions/Problems" forums. Those 2 forums are reserved for the website administrators only. We members cannot create new topics there, but obviously, we (you) can reply to existing topics. It's just the way the web designers decided to set it up.
Last edited by HiddenHollow on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:35 pm

H,

You are no fun...I was doing the same thing. Oh well, nice to know that there are a few us willing to help out the new members who want to participate.
Image Image

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:36 pm

How does me helping make me no fun? ;) :lol:

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:46 pm

thorman52 wrote:I started asking questions in posts that are for other purposes. I believe this is the place to learn and ask questions...Right??? So I have a few questions concerning the posting:

After my first reply, I found some additional information on this website's FAQ about BBCode that may help :arrow: faq.php?mode=bbcode Two of the links on that page give illustrations of creating Unordered and Ordered Lists, the 2 types supported on the phpBB forum software.

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:09 pm

H, you are no fun because just as I was going to click submit, I got the notification that somebody had just been on SHR's site and so I checked it out and it was the thread I was working on and I figured before I click submit I better take a look at it and you had done everything I had done. I even went through the step by step directions just in case he did not understand the screen shots.
Image Image

PreviousNext

Return to Board Questions/Problems