FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Anyone watching the new SURVIVOR Fans vs Favorites?

<<

smokieonefour

Post Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:57 pm

Re: Anyone watching the new SURVIVOR Fans vs Favorites?

I thought it was kind of lame for the show to keep promoting Brandon saying those things ( pee in the food, poison the water & burn the shelter ) when he was just speaking of "what if" or "here's what I'd do" - the show made it seem like he got jilted and was on the war path ... when he was just talking about being betrayed again.

Shamar just continues to bother me more and more, each show. I liked that Reynold made the comment "He makes himself seem like a hero for staying in the game, when so many thousands of people would love to take his place." His crappy attitude has sucked all the "thanks for your service" out of me! LOL

A 3 way tie @ Tribal. Haven't seen that for YEARS! Looks like the Fan women are calling the shots. ;-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Rochelle

Post Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:01 pm

Shamar is a wild card. When he was talking about what a hard time he had after he came home from Iraq, I felt bad for him. But then he goes off again. And what the heck is he talking about at tribal council? He thinks everyone is wrong but him? He denies everything that comes out of his mouth. It may be worded a little different, but the gist of it's correct most of the time. He has absolutely no patience or empathy for anyone else. He should have gone home last night, I can't believe how they don't understand what a time bomb he is. Somebody needs to shake up the Fans alliances.

Ugh, Brandon is a tool. Why would you even say anything like that? What kind of mind would just blurt out something that disgusting. That boy has some serious issues. That whole family could be a public service announcement for birth control...

Malcolm better watch his back
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

onerockindoc

Post Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:46 pm

Has anyone heard of a supposed love affair on the show that has gotten real life serious? Who could it be? Someone told me a woman left her husband for one of the guys. I told Rich that the only one on that show I'd leave him for is Malcom
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Rochelle

Post Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:46 pm

Is this from a past season doc? There are plenty of blogs out there, I may have to check. I wouldn't leave my cat for Malcolm, but I sure as heck would add him to the mix... :mrgreen:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

onerockindoc

Post Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:23 pm

It was indeed from a past season.......
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Jellikit

Post Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:05 am

Haven't heard anything on a (even somewhat) serious romance since Ozzy and Amanda, and that was a couple years ago or more. There is the one couple on right now who I'm sure y'all seen getting awfully close..I can't remember the names right now, but it was even discussed at tribal. I don't think that's who you could be referring to, because how would she leave her husband during the filming? :?

Found this pretty interesting read. Hope, who was just voted off, has a two part interview, and I guess she may have more upcoming.
No surprise, Shamar is a bigger jerk than we might think. :roll: He's like that 24/7.
And Hope, who was in the 3 way tie, had some idea of it coming, yet didn't change her vote for Eddie to save herself. Loyalty is one thing, but getting paid on Survivor....well, imo, it is a game, and if you're not playing to win, why be there?
You can read about this in part 1 of her interview. There's a link to it just above the interview.
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-hope-driskill-talks-survivor-caramoan----fans-vs-favorites-%28part-2%29-14502.php
<<

tlmerk

Post Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:43 pm

It was interesting. Thanks for posting it Jelli.

I didn't realize she was a pagent winner. I guess I shouldn't be suprised. They have to pick a diverse group to hold all of our attention I suppose. Got to have that eye candy for the guys and girls watching? I did enjoy watching Colby I have to admit. (Still watch him on Top Shot!)
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:01 pm

I think there is a lot more "eye candy" for the guys than the girls. If there's 1 really good looking guy each season, I count myself lucky...

BTW did anyone else notice Cochran "swimming" in the last challenge? That was one of the most pathetic attempts at swimming that I've ever seen. Does he do anything well except for sunburning?
<<

smokieonefour

Post Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:11 pm

I know that Jeff Probst married one of the contestants and that they are still happily married w/kids. Not sure if she left a hubby tho ....

OK ladies... Malcolm, Ozzy or Colby ?
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

<<

tlmerk

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:22 am

smokieonefour wrote:I know that Jeff Probst married one of the contestants and that they are still happily married w/kids. Not sure if she left a hubby tho ....

OK ladies... Malcolm, Ozzy or Colby ?

Actually, Jeff Probst broke up with the former Survivor contestant and married someone else who had kids. He was with Julie whatshername for several years but they never did get married. He married his new wife when he was 50! Holy cow! He looks like he's 40 now. So now he's dad to her son and daughter and Jeff seems really happy. Good for him!

And I like all three of those guys but considering Malcom is getting a little cocky (though he's still my favorite for this season so far), I'd have to go with Colby because he just seems like a nice guy. He's probably not as bright as the other 2 but he's a country kind of guy and he likes guns and he probably likes NASCAR! :D
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

Jellikit

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:05 am

smokieonefour wrote:OK ladies... Malcolm, Ozzy or Colby ?

You forgot to add Richard (Hatch), Russell (Hantz), and Cochran. :twisted:

Lol at Cochran swimming Rochelle. I thought revenge of the nerds was a different show? :ugeek:
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:49 am

Jellikit wrote:
smokieonefour wrote:OK ladies... Malcolm, Ozzy or Colby ?

You forgot to add Richard (Hatch), Russell (Hantz), and Cochran. :twisted:

Lol at Cochran swimming Rochelle. I thought revenge of the nerds was a different show? :ugeek:

hahaha, revenge of the nerds...
<<

Jellikit

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:18 pm

Last night's show was pretty interesting. I have to say, I'm not a fan of Sherrie at all. Her and Laura both, do not have the mentality of winning the game by any other means than "let me see how far I can get by aligning myself the right way," and I just hate that. The bald guy with glasses (Matt?) has a little of that, but at least he was willing to change sides to allow the fans to have a fighting chance in the game. Turned out, everyone wised up and booted Laura. She was a cancer to the team.
If the fans didn't boot her and at least give themselves a chance to win some challenges, they were going to be easy pickens after the merge. Shamar....meh, not even worth mentioning..he was doomed anyways.
Very cool to see the return of the locals helping out a tribe in a reward. Man, did the fans ever need that, yet their perfect record of winning no rewards is still intact. ;)
Looking forward to watching Brandon lose it...again...next week. (see the previews?) :twisted:
<<

smokieonefour

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:55 pm

Shamar -
Oh my gosh... when I saw the EMT's coming ashore... I crossed my fingers & held my breath! LOL Yes! He's out on a medical!! Yippy Skippy! Get well soon... but don't hurry back. ;-)

Brandon -
Also can't wait to see some real action, instead of words! Yep, he dumps a bunch of rice out & goes on a real tangent.

Reynold -
Wow! Almost won the challenge all by himself! Takes a big man to say you were wrong on TV ... kudo's to him, for that.

Phillip -
what the heck is he doing? Oh never mind .... LOL

The Show -
Wow! They brought in an Islander to help & teach them, even if it was more entertainment then anything else, I'm sure they picked up a thing or two. :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

<<

Rochelle

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:06 pm

lol, Shamar... Bring me rice at least once a day? I'd bring him rice all right, still in the bamboo... :shock: looooser...

Did anyone notice they didn't let Cochran do any of the throwing? Hilarious... There's usually a way around not letting the weaklings participate in the challenges. When Jeff said Cochran couldn't sit out, I thought oh crap, there goes the challenge. I was relieved to see them keep him out of the swimming part, but part of me really wanted a good laugh :D

Wow, why do they let Brandon go off like that... If I were one of the powers that be, I'd have yanked him before it got that far. A lot of families watch the show, do you really want kids to see an adult having a tantrum?

hahaha... Phillip, Stealth Chief Idiot... Usually good for a laugh and did not disappoint...

Sherri... Ugh, she needs to go. What the heck does she do now that she doesn't need to stroke Shamar's ego...
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby