FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Visits to SHR shop?

<<

karenh2034

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:46 pm

Visits to SHR shop?

Looking for any info on shop tours and times and days. If you have been what day did you go and did you see Tony or Ryan etc.. I about have the hubby talked into a trip to NC to tour race shops and of course, I want to go to SHR. Any info is appreciated. Thanks
<<

BlackFlag

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:34 am

Re: Visits to SHR shop?

I'd like to know too. I live about 5 miles from the shop and all I've ever seen is what you can see through the big window.
That and browse in the gift shop with the cashier eyeballing me like I'm going to shoplift something. LOL
I see some of the crew members eating lunch at a local pizza place sometimes. I need to hit them up and get some info. from them.
My least favorite band in the history of music is called: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
<<

HTower

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:43 pm

A quick search turned up this website
http://www.raceshops.com/raceshops.php?view=15
<<

gkbacb

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:03 pm

I went there a few years ago, the same year the hall of fame opened up. Basically all you could do was look at the cars in the front lobby, look through the glass at the CNC shop, look through the glass at the race shop, do the gift shop thing, and they also had the chopper that OCC did for stewart-haas, not sure if it has changed, but I was disappointed that their wasn't a tour of the facility, like some of the other shops, but I chalked it up to they had basically just opened.

Overall I had a good time there, I remember my wife dragging me out, cuz I couldn't stop staring at Tony's car( first time I was ever that close to a sprint cup car.)
<<

duffygoofy

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:13 pm

gkbacb wrote:I went there a few years ago, the same year the hall of fame opened up. Basically all you could do was look at the cars in the front lobby, look through the glass at the CNC shop, look through the glass at the race shop, do the gift shop thing, and they also had the chopper that OCC did for stewart-haas, not sure if it has changed, but I was disappointed that their wasn't a tour of the facility, like some of the other shops, but I chalked it up to they had basically just opened.

Overall I had a good time there, I remember my wife dragging me out, cuz I couldn't stop staring at Tony's car( first time I was ever that close to a sprint cup car.)

I just walked in an seen his cars and some machines and his gift shop.
ImageImage
<<

karenh2034

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:34 pm

thanks for the info. As long as Im in the area I would like to go to the Hall of Fame and try and find Dave Moody too. Also, I would like to meet Jimmy Means, my son worked on his nationwide team in 2007. I just love racing. Been eating dirt since I was about 5 years old. I would love to see Tony on dirt too, but Im asking too much lol. that would empty my bucket list.
<<

ojeinnob

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:58 pm

karenh2034 wrote:Looking for any info on shop tours and times and days. If you have been what day did you go and did you see Tony or Ryan etc.. I about have the hubby talked into a trip to NC to tour race shops and of course, I want to go to SHR. Any info is appreciated. Thanks

I went to SHR but it was on a Saturday....Closed! only open Monday through Friday unless its race week at Charlotte. I will return when I get a chance. If you are in the area there is a Winston Cup museum in Winston, I may go there this weekend , they are open I checked....lol The Hall of Fame is great. I was there a few weeks back during NASCAR Acceleration Had a Blast. Also if you have time Sam Bass Gallery is across the street from CMS, Awesome! I got several prints and he will sign them and if he is not there you can leave them and he signs them and they ship them to you free. Also Lionel is right down the road from Sam Bass.
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting... "holy sh*t what a ride!!!"
<<

tlmerk

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:18 pm

ojeinnob wrote:
karenh2034 wrote:Looking for any info on shop tours and times and days. If you have been what day did you go and did you see Tony or Ryan etc.. I about have the hubby talked into a trip to NC to tour race shops and of course, I want to go to SHR. Any info is appreciated. Thanks

I went to SHR but it was on a Saturday....Closed! only open Monday through Friday unless its race week at Charlotte. I will return when I get a chance. If you are in the area there is a Winston Cup museum in Winston, I may go there this weekend , they are open I checked....lol The Hall of Fame is great. I was there a few weeks back during NASCAR Acceleration Had a Blast. Also if you have time Sam Bass Gallery is across the street from CMS, Awesome! I got several prints and he will sign them and if he is not there you can leave them and he signs them and they ship them to you free. Also Lionel is right down the road from Sam Bass.

Wow! That's pretty cool, and thanks for the info.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:33 pm

I went last May and we actually took a private tour with Stan at Garage Pass Shop Tours. It was an all day behind the scenes type tour. We did quite a few things that a regular fan walking into a shop probably wouldn't see. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!! SHR was good...we saw Zippi but Tony and Ryan were not in the shop that day. Also, include Michael Waltrip Racing on your tour. That shop blows the others out of the water. Hendricks is ok too!!!! Tell Stan that Sondra from Michigan sent you. :lol:
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

ndunn

Post Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:58 am

HTower wrote:A quick search turned up this website
http://www.raceshops.com/raceshops.php?view=15

HT I clicked on this link and my Norton Security blocked it and called it an intrusion. I don't know why they did that. Have you ever used that link before?
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.

Return to The Lobby