FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Medical Update on Michael Annett

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:13 pm

Medical Update on Michael Annett

Concord, N.C. (February 26, 2013) - After further evaluation by two different doctors in North Carolina, it has been determined that Richard Petty Motorsports driver Michael Annett has suffered a fracture and dislocation of his sternum. He will immediately undergo surgery for his injuries in Charlotte. He suffered the injury as a result of an accident during Saturday's NASCAR Nationwide Series event in Daytona Beach, Fla.

Annett will not be able to compete for an indefinite amount of time as he heals from the surgery. Richard Petty Motorsports driver Aric Almirola will drive the No. 43 Pilot Flying J Ford this weekend at the Phoenix International Raceway as the team evaluates its options moving forward.

Richard Petty Motorsports' primary concern is the health of Annett and getting him the proper treatment he needs for a full recovery.

http://www.richardpettymotorsports.com/news/index.php
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:36 pm

Re: Medical Update on Michael Annett

WOW! Thought all the drivers were cleared,that sucks!
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:11 pm

Re: Medical Update on Michael Annett

actually popping the sternum was a common injury back in the day, which is why they added the strap that goes between the two shoulderbelts, to keep that from happening. Havent heard of this injury happening in some time. Wonder if his belts were on wrong or something?
ImageImageImage

Return to NASCAR & Racing