FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Anyone watching the new SURVIVOR Fans vs Favorites?

<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:08 pm

Re: Anyone watching the new SURVIVOR Fans vs Favorites?

Survivor is on, just started 5 minutes ago and I already want to hold Brandon under water, just for about 5 minutes...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

onerockindoc

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:05 pm

It will be a toss up...Brandon or FBI Phillip. Oh, and that Reynold is a DB.

But Malcolm is still a hottie and that's a good thing.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:23 pm

They should have voted Shamar out, he's just a lazy bully with a big mouth. I was hoping Phillip might rein in his insanity a bit this time, but he apparently has no control over it. The fan tribe is as dysfunctional as the favorite tribe, lol...

What the heck is the matter with Brandon? Why would they bring that sociopath back? He's talking about peeing in the beans and rice? I told you I just wanted to hold his head under water for only 5 minutes but better make that 10...

I agree doc, Malcolm is still a hottie :mrgreen:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:25 pm

for some reason my DVR only started to record last nite, so i missed the 1st show, boy that hanz dude is a tool, does CBS really think we need a hanz on ever reality show?
I miss you Frehley........
<<

smokieonefour

Post Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:12 pm

Rochelle wrote:What the heck is the matter with Brandon? Why would they bring that sociopath back?

No kidding!! Didn't they learn the first time around? Is a sociopath now 'entertainment' ? LOL

Funny how the show showed people making astute observations of his mental short comings. That guy is one loose cannon! !

I wished they had voted out Shamar too. Every time he tells ( yells ) someone to shut up - I can see him doing that to his wife, kids, the grocery clerk, the waiter....

As lame as Philips names are for his "team" - I do think his spiel is kind of funny. You can tell it's all tongue-in-cheek and not too serious. It gets pretty boring out there and the camps do a lot of silly stuff to entertain themselves, that the show never shows, except in out takes and maybe the reunion show. Also... the show should MAKE him wear those long black shorts ALL THE TIME!

When he walked up in his pink undies & sat down.... I gasped in horror at what might be coming... but one guy covered it. PHEW! LOL
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Rochelle

Post Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:03 pm

That's Survivor for you, lol

Phillip can be funny, but it's the laughing at him, not laughing with him type of humor. I can take small doses of him. Ugh, Shamar, I can only hope he's not like that at home. Seems with the military background he has, he'd be more helpful. Did you see Jeff's face when they said how many hours he had spent laying in the shelter, that was priceless. He's not too smart if he thinks laying around is conserving energy. Lazy begets lazy... If he's truly 300 pounds, he's lazy everywhere, not just on the show. I can't reconcile his bio with how he's playing the game...

I don't like Sherri, for whatever reason, she thinks she knows people. If you read her bio, she needs a dose of modesty and humility. Her saying that Shamar would be ok going forward was just idiotic. From the previews for next week, she was way off base.

Ugh, Brandon, there is something seriously wrong with that family. Did anyone see the last Big Brother? Willie was a sociopath also. I would have thought CBS would be over the whole Hantz family thing after that. My guess would be inbreeding somewhere along the family line...

But that's what makes Survivor one of my favorite shows, you never know what you're going to see from week to week... :mrgreen:
<<

tlmerk

Post Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:42 pm

Interesting show this season. For those who can't watch it on the night it's on, I have been watching it on CBS.com the next day. I was kind of glad they voted off one of the "Pretty" people. Their egos and condescending attitudes needed to be brought down a peg IMO. Shamar is an embarassament to our military personnel. He is lazy, whiney, argumentative and just angry. Philip is amusing but I will probably only think this for a few more weeks and then I'll be praying they send that man home. It was probably the editing, but for him to call Brandon narcisistic after the things he, himself, had just got done spouting, was tooooo funny. And what was up with Dawn's meltdown? She used to be one of my favorites but that was a little too dramatic. Crying because Brandon was mean to her? Really? This is a came with strong personalities. If she is going to react like that, she probably doesn't deserve to win the end prize IMO.

And yes...add me to the Malcom appreciation list!! (Although is it the editing or is he much more cocky that last season?)
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

Jellikit

Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:50 pm

I love Survivor and Amazing Race too, Big Brother is also good, but not as, so I'd like to join the convo.
First, sorry for your loss Smokie. It's great that you had the gift of your sister in your life. Cherish that and the good memories. :)

On Survivor...yes, what is exactly the psycho-analysis of Brandon? Why is he so terrified of good looking women? It's just them, and it's really creepy. I would put that guy in the category of a potential (and this may sound really bad, but it's what I perceive) rapist. That guy and his family are just freakin' nuts!
Shamar and Phillip are not long for the show imo. Malcolm will do well again, but the pretty people on the fans are doomed...but aren't they always? :lol:
My wife loves the Amazing Race, so I may throw in here her feelings, if y'all discuss that in the thread too.
Take care!

edit...one last thing, thanks for the info on the outhouses..lol..and I totally agree on the food gathering, I always thought that was a MAJOR advantage for a team to get with the locals on how to find and prepare food. That needs to be brought back to the show.
<<

tlmerk

Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:17 pm

Welcome to the discussion Jellikit.

Amazing Race used to be my favorite show on TV but I haven't watched it in a couple of years. Well, this season, I'm recording it so I'll definitely have some input with that show as well. I have to say Big Brother (usually) is a guilty pleasure for me as I have even subscribed to the 24/7 feed a couple years (not lately but, if the cast is interesting enough!) :D I also love Top Chef too. I think those are the only reality shows I watch but that's probably enough!

Brandon is a strange one. I thought since he professed to be a Christian, maybe beautiful women are his weak spot so they scare him. But I really think he's just intimidated because they have some "power" over him, i.e. he "lusts" after them (in the "battle of the flesh"). So, being the tool that he probably is, he blames them because he's weak or doesn't love his wife enough, or got rejected by the pretty teen when he asked her to a prom or ???? who knows but he is creepy. There was a very tiny period where I actually thought he had some scruples but that didn't last long. Now, I think he's a misogynist and insecure with an undercurrent of bully. OMGosh.... all the Hanz men I've seen (and I've seen 3 of them now on TV) are maniacs. I wonder what the women in that family are like? I know it sounds awful to say this, but it IS entertainment, and I hope they keep him and Phillip around a bit longer because they won't let the show get boring.

That said.... who was your favorite Survivor ever? Boston Rob comes to mind but I'll have to think some more on that one. I didn't like him as much the last time he was on.
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:25 pm

I liked Boston Rob too. I liked Rupert too, the 1st season he was on. I've got to say my all time favorite is Ozzy. That boy could swim like a fish and is very easy on the eyes... :mrgreen:
<<

Jellikit

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:12 am

Yes, I think you're right on the "thorn in Brandon's side." ;)
It is something that is definitely a weakness for him, and he is usually trying to run from that temptation as fast as he can by getting them out of the game.

My favorite all time survivor has to be Ozzy as well. In his first season on the game, it was just such a shame that he didn't win. Heck, I can't even remember now who it was who won over him when it came to the end, but that was just a travesty to give it to the other player. At least he got the fans vote then and won a little $$. I doubt anyone will ever be as qualified as that guy to actually survive in those circumstances.
Some may not like her, but I think Parvity (spelling?) played the game very well too. Crafty young lady who played the mental and physical aspects pretty well.
Rupert was a good guy as well. My old roommate who I lived with during Rupert's season was a dead-head, so we were both rooting for the tie-dye. :mrgreen:
<<

tlmerk

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:55 am

Ozzy was awesome. You guys are so right about him. But even though I liked Rupert, I could never fully understand why he stole those shoes on the first day the first time he was on. I just didn't like that. I wanted to root for the nonconforming hippie guy who worked with young teens and it just didn't jive with stealing someone's shoes to get a leg up on them. But i know, it's a game.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:16 pm

RE: Brandon and "being" & acting "Christian"

It's a label he puts on himself, to show the world, "This is who I am" - but a label is just that, and not "him." A "true" Christian forgives - they don't "suddenly" get the idea to poison a food supply. So yall can just forget about him & being "Christian" - he aint ... and just tries to use it to his advantage. Poorly, I might add, as a personal opinion. LOL He's psycho and the REALLY scary kind of person in life.... unbalanced & unpredictable.

Who is a fave? I don't think I have one, but will agree with most that have been mentioned. I also liked that Parvati girl - she was good. Who can forget Colby? Especially Jerri & Colby? LOL I LOVED Boston Rob the first time... he was OK the 2nd time and blah the 3rd... LOL

Dead heads ... ( heart ) :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:27 pm

Woohoo, Survivor is on in about 30 minutes. Can't wait to see the insanity begin!
<<

tlmerk

Post Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:29 am

Interesting show, but I don't like who they voted out. Very little Brandon or Philip drama tonight.
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby