FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Well it is on to Phoenix .............

<<

Annalee

Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:58 pm

Well it is on to Phoenix .............

:cry: :cry: :cry: I so wanted Tony to win! He had a great car and could pass by himself.......Steve and crew did a great job.. It is just a race, but it means so much to him! The sad part is he won yesterday and didn't even get to celebrate..........and that was quite an achievement to tie with Earnhardt Sr. Danica and Ryan did a great job, especially after seeing his hood......

One thing that made me smile was Bob, Tony's spotter. He likes to give everyone a nick name. He calls Danica "little sister" and Ryan " big brother".... Kevin is " Cupcake" and Tony is "Babycakes". I love listening to him, he is just the best. :)

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:24 pm

Re: Well it is on to Phoenix .............

Disappointing, but that is the nature of the Daytona 500.

It could be worse, I guess... he could be Mark Martin at 54 years old & still loking for his first 500 win.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

HTower

Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:31 pm

Annalee wrote::cry: :cry: :cry: I so wanted Tony to win! He had a great car and could pass by himself.......

Today he couldn't. He was dropping out of line, and then having to go right back up because no one followed him, and he couldn't make a pass on his own.
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:09 pm

HT ......Tony's words, not mine, in post race interview. I don't think he ever really got to show us what he had....he was wrecked out way to early to show his stuff. I am still so sad......... :cry:
Last edited by Annalee on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I #Support Smoke
<<

TishR

Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:11 pm

Really sad day for Tony because I think he had the best car at Daytona that he has ever had there. It's just really frustrating that Kyle just had to be in his own little world and woke up too late to realize what was going on around him and he ran into Kasey and wreck on.
Tish
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:31 pm

TishR wrote:Really sad day for Tony because I think he had the best car at Daytona that he has ever had there. It's just really frustrating that Kyle just had to be in his own little world and woke up too late to realize what was going on around him and he ran into Kasey and wreck on.

Don't remind me,i had Kevin in the pool and Tony and Kevin were the favs to win!! :evil:
<<

Taskforce14

Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:21 pm

I think I am more bummed by the early hit in the points. I just never expect much out of these restrictor plate races.
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:45 pm

Sorry but I thought of it as a bit of karma. He wrecked a lot of good cars the last couple of plate races and no one is immune to bad luck. Ryan and Danica were the lucky ones this time and Ryan was overdue for a good run...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:33 pm

Rochelle wrote:Sorry but I thought of it as a bit of karma. He wrecked a lot of good cars the last couple of plate races and no one is immune to bad luck. Ryan and Danica were the lucky ones this time and Ryan was overdue for a good run...

I don't buy into 'karma"...for me, if there was such a thing, Mark Martin would have at least 1 500 & Championship by now because who did he ever "wrong"? It's just how racing goes...moving on to Phoenix. ;)
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:33 am

Took my annual "we lost" nap. Usually I wake up feeling better but I'm still infinitely disappointed. I think it's because of how good the car was.

Obviously Tony falling out is the worst part but Harvick getting collected was terrible too because he was my backup plan if Tony fell out early as he went for the sweep. Don't get me wrong in this race I am always 14 first and nobody else ever but that would have been who I pulled for down the stretch.

Just a massive disappointment.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

tonysgirl14

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:58 am

too bad but there are a lot more races for TONY TO WIN
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:41 am

Unfortunately, you only get a chance to win the Daytona 500 once a year. For Tony, this was #15. I know, it took Dale Sr. longer, but still... how many more opportunities will Tony get.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

lmalley

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:55 am

I was so upset I had to go for a drive and watch the ducks on the river until I calmed down enough to go back home and watch the end of the race. What a way to start the season. Sheesh! :(
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:45 pm

It's really too bad that this race is where they have put all their eggs in one basket. The rest of the races are as important as this one. Because Tony hasn't won this race they are hinting his resume won't be complete. I'd say even at 40+ he has done quite well. Does the public really feel all the drivers from day 1 who don't have this that or the other thing inferior? IMO in a perfect world I'd like to see a level playing field. It will never happen.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:08 pm

Well I woke up this morning and I usually just forget about what happened at the race and I haven't, and I am still sad........ :( I know......I'll get over it.....Massive disappointment.......
Next year with Harvick at SHR that should be a dynamite duo! Can't wait..... ;)

It could be worse I could be a Carl Edwards fan! :lol: :lol: I think he went through 5 cars, you have to wonder what has happened? Not sure the pairing of the new crew chief.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I #Support Smoke
Next

Return to Tony