FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Man I would be p***ed

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:39 pm

Man I would be p***ed

Just watch the race at Daytona. I see a lot of skill from Larson, & when he got in a lil aggresssive trouble in the top series. Just thought he was young & made a mistake.
After watching tonights race. I think this is how he drives.
He was slamming the leader in the corner the last couple laps trying to take the lead. In the last turn he again punted the leader, but the leader held on coming to the checkers. So he hooked in the straightaway & spun him out to get to the checkers 1st. I would be pi$$ed if that happened to me or even my driver. I seriously would believe A$$ kickings would be soon to follow :evil:

Now I know they will call it racing & he will be given the win. To me however it is one thing to move someone out of your way on a short track & completely another thing to flat out wreck someone. At any of my local tracks he would have been penalized for being a dip$hit. (not given the win)

Needless to say, where I used to think I wanted to see this guy grow in the upper series. Now will be critical of his driving when he "accidentially" runs into people.
ImageImageImage
<<

onerockindoc

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:40 pm

Re: Man I would be p***ed

I think he is going to have repercussions from this. It's the lack of respect that's going to come back to bite him in the butt. Maybe, just maybe someone will have a sit down with him.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:08 pm

Kyle is surrounded by quality people. He will receive all the counseling he might need. Kyle is a terrific driver, and even a better young man.

I didn't see an interview with Kyle after the race, so I don't know what he had to say. Am I prejudice in Kyle's favor? Yes, because I had the pleasure of spending a week with him and his family. All I ask is that you wait and see before berating the young man.
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

cslonewolf

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:21 pm

what Kyle did was pretty s#!ty, but let's face it... it wasn't really any diff than what Dale did on a regular basis. I didn't like it when Dale did it myself, but I don't understand why people praise Dale for it yet condemn Kyle for it.
"He makes me look thinner" Tony on why he picked Ryan to be his team mate. bet he's gonna enjoy his fair share of Krissie's cookies every weekend lol
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO #39 U.S ARMY CHEVROLET
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:12 pm

Love Dale Earnhardt Snr.for what he'd do and Brad Keselowski the same,bring it on Kyle!!!!
Beats the #### out of follow the leader or someone with dominating equiptment winning all the time!
How bad do you want it,enough to knock the leader out of the way,you're hired!!
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:29 pm

This is the kid Tony calls the next Jeff Gordon...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

dirt93

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:53 pm

What goes around comes around... drivers have long memories.
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:21 pm

What goes around comes around makes it all that much more exciting. :mrgreen: Course if i owned the cars or had to work on them,i'd probly feel differant. :x
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:33 pm

cslonewolf wrote:what Kyle did was pretty s#!ty, but let's face it... it wasn't really any diff than what Dale did on a regular basis. I didn't like it when Dale did it myself, but I don't understand why people praise Dale for it yet condemn Kyle for it.

well I couldnt stand Dale Sr. either. I just dont think you should be rewarded for wrecking people ever.
Anyone on any kind of race teams would understand that.
ImageImageImage
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:28 am

I had no love lost on Dale Earnhardt but I watched him from 1991 to his death and I never saw him lay into someone's left-rear quarter panel until he had them turned around like that. Yes he spun Terry and some other folks and moved them out of the way but never pulled a chicken you-know-what move like what Larson pulled. Bumping, fine, short track racing, but hitting Falk three or four times and laying into the left-rear corner to spin him out was ridiculous.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

wolfgang

Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:16 pm

Steve Park during the Whelen Modified race,loved that too! :mrgreen:
The driver Steve spun out does it all the time and he was livid over it,loved it!
<<

smokieonefour

Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:29 pm

I think this is one of those cases, speaking of Dale Sr ... where you need to place him and his antics in the context of the times. Dale started when the sport was not too far from the moonshiners, who did ANYTHING to not get caught.... and had an ego that made him want to win. That WAS the mentality behind the sport at the time.

Crashin' & bashin' was just 'racin' back then. ( Back when you could go to any dealership or junkyard and get a new "stock car" )

Fast forward 20 - 30 years and now it's a spit & polish corporate game. New rules, new attitudes and a new way of racing ... where people don't want to hurt cars, drivers, etc and everyone plays it safe.

In Duel #2 - Kyle moved down to the bottom ... and no one went with him. They all stayed in line, like a bunch of pack mules.

Not sure where the sport is headed to from here...
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:11 am

I got to give Kyle Larson some credit.
He admitted that is was wrong for wrecking the guy for the win. & wants to learn from it. He says he isnt used to being the bad guy & really seemed apologetic.
Said he felt he went from being the best guy coming up to the worst, & didnt like that feeling.
I really believe him. (or atleast want too)

I was really looking forward to being a fan of his, but was totally turned off by those antics. So I was happily surprised about his attitude after the fact. Surprised me that he would figure it out that quickly about not wredcking people. It took Bad Brad several years to learn that. Brad now has done a 180 on wrecking people. Now Brad doesnt mind a little rubbing & doesnt go out wrecking someone if they do rub him. In fact I think he kinda likes it now. So if Larson could figure it out after his 1st incident, I think there is hope for the kid yet.
ImageImageImage
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:58 pm

Schmoopy, I tried to tell you Kyle is a good kid.
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:40 pm

NascarNanaOK wrote:Schmoopy, I tried to tell you Kyle is a good kid.

well I still stand behind my original post. I were the other team I would have still wanted to kick his Image Image
& if he does wreck someone else I will be a bit more critical of him, so I do astand behind all I said.

However if he does what he said on the Hub, then I agree. You are right. He is a good kid who just got caught up in the moment, & if he does what he says I dont plan on seeing him wtreck anyone else for wins. (maybe retaliations, but that is another story) Image

I was just impressed he took total blame for it, instead of doing what so maany young guys try (Like Logano, Bad Brad & others) & make excuses why they are wrecking people. So I was impressed.
(& kinda swinging me back towards his bandwagon)
ImageImageImage

Return to NASCAR & Racing