FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Danica takes Pole for Daytona 500

<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:33 am

Re: Danica takes Pole for Daytona 500

i have a problem with the statement tony made, if you truly think about it, EVERY nascar fan has a sad life if you go by what he says, there isnt anyone of us here that can say we have positive things to say about every driver, kurt,kyle,jpm,gordon,johnson,jr get made fun of a lot here,
is this a rue that is made for danica? if so, it is yet another example of her bein protected and off limits, where i criticize her because im not a fan, i consider her a driver, before a woman, but if there are special rues when it comes to her, many wont take her serious, even as novelty act.
<<

beaverpond

Post Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:07 am

I have to say this as I was sitting here with my 8 year old daughter yesterday and it was truely hilarious to watch and listen to. She is definately the next generation of Nascar Fan and we need more like her and I am referring to the passion for the sport at such a young age.

Anyway, we are sitting here and she is wearing her Danica hat and shirt and has all her cars laid out in front of her. As Danica is slipping back in the field, my daughter is yelling at the television "Danica what are you doing" she then starts telling Danica what she is doing wrong and she needs to be driving it better and how to handle that car better in very specific ways.

All I could do was laugh and started thinking now gee, where does she get that from.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:45 am

SHR Tweet: Tony Gibson reports Danica will not practice in the first session and will start from the outside of Row 1 on Sunday.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:31 pm

that is probably the best for her since all week that has been the fastest lane.
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:45 pm

michaeljohn wrote:i have a problem with the statement tony made, if you truly think about it, EVERY nascar fan has a sad life if you go by what he says, there isnt anyone of us here that can say we have positive things to say about every driver, kurt,kyle,jpm,gordon,johnson,jr get made fun of a lot here,
is this a rue that is made for danica? if so, it is yet another example of her bein protected and off limits, where i criticize her because im not a fan, i consider her a driver, before a woman, but if there are special rues when it comes to her, many wont take her serious, even as novelty act.

My life is so sad i thought i was watching the Duels,you know actual racing i missed somewhere and outside Harvicks pass on the bottom of the first race,i was bored through both of them.
Tony made alot of statements and over the years i tend to just laugh it off. Generally i find if things aren't swinging Tonys' way, he has a hissy fit and to me this is just one of them. :lol:
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:55 am

wolfgang wrote:Tony made alot of statements and over the years i tend to just laugh it off. Generally i find if things aren't swinging Tonys' way, he has a hissy fit and to me this is just one of them. :lol:

Been away a while but nice to see nothing has changed. You're still the biggest idiot here. I'd say things have been going quite well for Tony.

Anyway...

I think it's cool for Danica but I'm more happy for the 10 (formerly 39) team after all the flack - oft deserved - they took over the last several years. They put together a heck of a race car and can be proud of themselves for this achievement. Obviously my allegiances lie with the black and hunter orange car come Sunday but it is cool for that bunch - and Ryan and Tony's teams for that matter - to have such fast cars and get the recognition.

As for the hating, for some reason we live in a world where people prefer to waste their time ripping on something they dislike instead of focusing on something they like. Her Facebook page and anything with the Stewart-Haas FB page that has her on it are prime examples.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

beaverpond

Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:35 am

From some of the stories I have read, unless I am misunderstanding you. The old 39 pit crew got the axe except for Tony Gibson and he is now working with Danica. The 78 pit crew is working with Danica, Matt Boreland has pretty much got a new crew for Ryan, and Steve Addington has the same pit crew as last year for Tony.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:42 am

^^^^ i couldnt say what day i heard it, but it was this past week, mike joy and larry mac said danica got tony gibson and his crew because they ave worked together since the DEI days....
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:48 am

michaeljohn wrote:^^^^ i couldnt say what day i heard it, but it was this past week, mike joy and larry mac said danica got tony gibson and his crew because they ave worked together since the DEI days....

That's what I was going by. I thought Newman got the old 78 bunch. Heck I don't know.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:35 pm

well hopefully they repeat it tomorrow during the race, it does get confusing
<<

wolfgang

Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:01 pm

Smoke14TS wrote:
wolfgang wrote:Tony made alot of statements and over the years i tend to just laugh it off. Generally i find if things aren't swinging Tonys' way, he has a hissy fit and to me this is just one of them. :lol:

Been away a while but nice to see nothing has changed. You're still the biggest idiot here. I'd say things have been going quite well for Tony.

Anyway...

I think it's cool for Danica but I'm more happy for the 10 (formerly 39) team after all the flack - oft deserved - they took over the last several years. They put together a heck of a race car and can be proud of themselves for this achievement. Obviously my allegiances lie with the black and hunter orange car come Sunday but it is cool for that bunch - and Ryan and Tony's teams for that matter - to have such fast cars and get the recognition.

As for the hating, for some reason we live in a world where people prefer to waste their time ripping on something they dislike instead of focusing on something they like. Her Facebook page and anything with the Stewart-Haas FB page that has her on it are prime examples.

So what your saying is anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion is an idiot ? lmao!!
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:49 pm

michaeljohn wrote:^^^^ i couldnt say what day i heard it, but it was this past week, mike joy and larry mac said danica got tony gibson and his crew because they ave worked together since the DEI days....

Tony Gibson & a couple other people were from DEI, but the pit crew is from the 78 team. Originally at the end of last season they said the 39 crew was to move over with Gumby, but that didnt happen. Also heard Ryan has a whole new crew so I dont know what happened to the old 39 crew.

you should know better than to listen to the stooges MJ :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:42 am

There was an article over on NA$CAR.crap about it, but it's not clear whether the move included the "over the wall" guys too or just the "shop" guys?

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/ ... n-dei.html
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

Jellikit

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:07 pm

wolfgang wrote:According to the experts,Danicas pole was mostly the car and the fact she weighs less than all the other drivers.

I'm curious on this and maybe y'all can give a definitive answer, because even Kenseth isn't quite sure in this article...lol.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/danica-patrick-weight-advantage-daytona-500-sprint-cup-rivals-weigh-in-022013#!bs8T5
I thought I had heard that the cars have to weigh approx. the same with the drivers in. How else would Jimmy Spencer have ever had a fighting chance? :lol:

Thanks for any insight.
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:01 pm

Weight can be shifted around on the car,but the overall weight has to be the same.I'm not 100% sure on weight shifting vs handling issues or the advantage with either Danica or Jimmy in the drivers seat. :lol: Good question thou,i never really gave it much thought after the statement was made.
The next question would be,how did Tony come up with faster speeds during practice over Danicas' qualifying speeds,was Tonys reworked and Danicas left alone or was it just track conditions that changed. :?
Previous

Return to Danica