FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Anyone watching the new SURVIVOR Fans vs Favorites?

<<

tlmerk

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Anyone watching the new SURVIVOR Fans vs Favorites?

I know some of us have previously discussed Survivor and Big Brother on this site and wondered if anyone is watching this season's Survivor Fans versus Favs. Seems like it might be a good season for Survivor fans. Who are your favorites and are you for the Fans or Favorites this season?

I don't have a real favorite yet. I like several of the Favorites. I think Malcolm got screwed last season but he's a little cocky this season. The Federal Agent is kind of obnoxious in my opinion but he makes for good television. Russell's nephew is fun to watch but I couldn't root for him to win as I don't like how he thinks he's better than a woman. What is it with that family and women? It's funny to watch them all think they have this game in the bag and yet everyone else is plotting and strategizing as well. I like a few of the fans too. I think I will reserve my favorite team and player for a couple weeks. I have a feeling it's going to change. Love Eric's (?) integrity but that did him in last time he played the game. I still respect it though so have to start off rooting for him.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:27 pm

Re: Anyone watching the new SURVIVOR Fans vs Favorites?

I'm glad Malcolm is back, he was my favorite last season. Phillip, the federal agent, is as looney as ever, please put some real shorts on him... Ugh, the nephew Brandon, already getting paranoid... Lobster boy Cochran, why doesn't he stay out of the sun?

I was a little surprised that the favorites team is so divided already but I laughed so hard when Francesca got voted out. To be the 1st voted out twice is about as embarrassing as it gets, well, except for Phillip walking around in his tighty-reddies...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Annalee

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:45 pm

I always watch Survivor and if really bored I watch Big Brother......for some reason CBS didn't televise the ending .........can't believe Francesca was voted out First Again! Cochran and his sun burn?!? It always amazes me that these people are chosen to SURVIVE on a TV show and you would think they all would brush up on some survival skills before they go out on these deserted islands! Some of these people couldn't find their way out of a closet with an organized search party! :lol: :lol: :roll: But it is entertaining!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

smokieonefour

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:03 pm

I'm watching again ... altho it makes me a little sad, as my sister who passed this year and I, always used to watch it together. We'd laugh, discuss, talk trash & strategy. Seems weird without her. :-(

Anyway, moving forward, I'm like TL - kind of waiting to see who will be a favorite. The fed agent and the bright shorts is really, a little too much for the eyes. LOL And what is with the people all wearing neon colors this season?

The Iraq war veteran kinda rubbed me the wrong way with his pompous attitude and the fire starting thing. I think a few of the favorites are acting pretty cocky.

Poor Francesca... I kind of liked her - her attitude and strategy to make nice w/fed agent guy this time around. It still makes me laugh to see, from the last time they were together at Tribal, and he couldn't pronounce her name and she kept helping him. LOL Oh well... at least she gets a "title" out of the deal.... Better luck next time? :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:03 pm

I watched Survivor the first several years, but then got tired of it. Haven't watched in a long time.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500
<<

tlmerk

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:46 pm

smokieonefour wrote:I'm watching again ... altho it makes me a little sad, as my sister who passed this year and I, always used to watch it together. We'd laugh, discuss, talk trash & strategy. Seems weird without her. :-(

Anyway, moving forward, I'm like TL - kind of waiting to see who will be a favorite. The fed agent and the bright shorts is really, a little too much for the eyes. LOL And what is with the people all wearing neon colors this season?

The Iraq war veteran kinda rubbed me the wrong way with his pompous attitude and the fire starting thing. I think a few of the favorites are acting pretty cocky.

Poor Francesca... I kind of liked her - her attitude and strategy to make nice w/fed agent guy this time around. It still makes me laugh to see, from the last time they were together at Tribal, and he couldn't pronounce her name and she kept helping him. LOL Oh well... at least she gets a "title" out of the deal.... Better luck next time? :-)

Sorry about your sister C.

I was sad to see Francesca voted off first again. I wonder if Production has any influence over these guys' votes. I mean, would you want to look at Phillip's neon pink underwear 24/7 or hear him condescend to everyone? He'd be my first vote outta there. (But then, as viewer, I think he's fun to watch-- kind of like a train wreck.) UGH. But they get rid of benign, no-threat Francesca? She seemed pretty solid to me. Hated to see Dawn and the nerdy survivor expert vote against that faction and keep Andrea. I can't wait to see what happens to the pompous "Best Looking" group among the fans. Holy Cow! Are they conceited. But this, too, adds fun for us viewers IMO.
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:59 pm

I've watched every Survivor except for the last 1/2 of the Africa one. That one bored the heck out of me. I prefer the tropical settings, especially this time of year.

Has anyone else noticed that they don't film much about them foraging for food anymore? Seems they used to show more about how difficult it was. They seem to spend more time on the challenges, which is ok, I enjoy them, but I also like to see their camp life. Not necessarily just their disagreements all the time.

I'm waiting for Brandon's meltdown.

If you get a chance, check out CBS' Survivor website and watch Jeff's assessment of the cast. That's always interesting, he's a pretty good judge of character.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

smokieonefour

Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:56 pm

The tropical settings are usually what lure me to the show... LOL and I agree, Africa was as boring as the dirt.

A little not-so-well-known fact-let about the show is .... the bathrooms. In the beginning, there were no bathrooms and everyone had to answer natures call in nature. Contestants were having all kinds of bowel related problems - some pretty serious. Then the show started giving away a "latrine" as a reward ... and those people had no bowel problems. Also, the people who live on the islands started to complain as well... "We don't want their crap left behind!" LOL I think there was also a sanitation problem as well and when one guy kept peeing right outside the shelter, I think that was the end of "answer nature's call in nature." LOL

So more than a few years ago, they started giving the people outhouses. The show never shows them or refers to them, but they are there. Turned out, one could go into the wilds & be alone and have difficulty... but put them in a familiar setting with thin walls and they're perfectly at home. Go figure.... LOL I just think it's funny that the show 'hides' them and the fact.

Also, re the foraging - I'm noticing that the show is seemly phasing out the 'forage for what you can find' mentality and supplying them with beans & rice - most times for free. Heck, these groups started out w/food. Twice, on 2 dif seasons when something happened to their supply on hand - the show put them back to where they were before. I think it may probably have something to do with liability on the show's behalf. ? ?

What I thought was cool tho, was on a few shows, the show brought the groups local islanders who taught the groups what to eat, how to prepare and such. That would be more real & acceptable to me - a local diet that you do have to 'go & get' - vs throwing some beans / rice in a pot & waiting.
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

<<

tlmerk

Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:46 pm

Interesting trivia. Thanks Smokie. I liked it when they foraged for food and had to climb trees for the coconuts and didn't one season eat a rat too? It's fun to see who can bring home the fish and who comes home empty-handed. Never thought about the bathroom situation. That makes sense. It also makes sense that the show doesn't publicize this fact as it does kind of take away from the Survivor mentality of having to really "rough" it and "survive." :D
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:14 pm

Thanks for the info on CBS.com.......I wish they would do a show of some of the "behind the scenes".....Smokie I am truly sorry about your Sister....I believe she is probably right there in spirit watching with you.

I #Support Smoke
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:02 pm

The Amazing Race is on tonight........and I don't mean Daytona :) ....I like watching it too!

I #Support Smoke
<<

smokieonefour

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:30 pm

Thank you Anna Lee and TL for your nice thoughts. :-)

Funny you mention that Anna Lee, because I did feel her spirit with me. :-)

Unfortunately since she is no longer here, this blog may have to take up her slack! LOL

Thanks again ladies :-) Looking forward to chatting about the show in the coming weeks. :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

<<

loni2069

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:49 pm

oh good!! more people to talk survivor with!! :)
sorry for your loss smokie...
<<

smokieonefour

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:12 pm

Thank you Loni :-) Welcome to the board and it's great to have another Survivor chat buddy! :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:05 pm

Annalee wrote:The Amazing Race is on tonight........and I don't mean Daytona :) ....I like watching it too!

I love that too Annalee :D
Next

Return to The Lobby