FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Goooood Morning SHR -Saturday

<<

jsw14

Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:38 pm

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Sunday

It's good U added a 2nd floor in ur Hut last year....... ;)
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:14 am

OH.......Beav.....just wait till spring...WOW! :shock: :shock: That is incredible! Knowing you, you are well supplied with food! Stay warm and I hope you have power. My friend lives in Coram, NY (middle of Long Island) and they had 30 plus inches...She thinks they measured wrong.....literally she cannot see out her living room windows.....with the weight of the snow it has collapsed the roof on the bowling alley and the grocery store in the small strip mall from her is caving in! At least she has power.... For now anyway.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:19 am

The wind was blowing so hard that there was no snow left on our roof. There were drifts of more than 4 feet deep. We have already been warned that if the mail, fuel, and other delivery drivers can't get down your walkway, driveway, or porch...then they are under no obligation to make the delivery unless you can prove that everything was cleared.

I cleared ours and that of our elderly neighbors.
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:42 am

Can you imagine living in 1800's and surviving something like this...... :( I know that is why I was placed on this earth now......I would have never made it past the first snow storm! My idea of survival and camping is no hair dryer or electric rollers! :lol: :lol: Take care Beav....shoveling snow can be dangerous.......You need a snow blower! When I lived in NH, we ran out of places to put the shoveled snow!

I #Support Smoke
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:03 am

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Monday

Oh, man, Beav!! :shock: :shock: I don't envy you at all. Be careful out there... and everyone else in the northeast!!
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500
<<

awsum14

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:12 am

Goooood Morning SHR

I tried getting on about 2:45 am and the site wouldn't load. So I waited til I got to Holly Springs and it took 3 try's, but it finally loaded.
It's 47* and rain at home and 56* and rain here in Holly springs. S'pose to clear up later and get into the mid 60's. That's a good thing 'cuz I have to run over to Clayton, NC to check out a roof leak in one of the shops the company built last year.

02/11 Mon
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, Las Vegas 12:00 pm SPEED
NASCAR Race Hub 6:00 pm SPEED
Kyle Larson, Nelson Piquet Jr, Elliott Sadler, Ray Dunlap

Thoughts and Prayers to All
Have a Great and Safe Day

Seeeee Ya's

DAYTONA 13 dys 4 hrs 48 mns
If at first you don't succeed, don't give up
Try Harder
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:16 am

It took me two hours to dig around the truck to where the town built a snow bank at the end of driveway which is about 5 feet from the back of the truck. I had a friend plow the rest of of it. There is a medical building near us that waited until after the storm ended before cleaning up and they did it with a bucket loader. The snowbank is just huge.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:58 am

I probably shouldn't post this, but... Mrs HH & I will be out shortly to mow the lawn & do other landscape & yard work. :mrgreen:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:36 pm

UUGGHH, it is snowing again and we have received almost 2 inches.
<<

jsw14

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:53 pm

Sheeeesh Beave, I have a extra set of Golf Clubs, if ya need a vacation :lol: :lol: :lol: 75* & sunny in the land-of-Flori-Duh!!! :lol: :lol: :P
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:50 pm

This last year or so has been something else as far as weather is concerned. Just a big ole "take care" for all of you out there who are involved in several different kinds of hazard weather. From blizzards on the east coast to a tornado in Mississippi. Thank goodness for snowblowers and big machinery that can move tons of snow.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Mrs B

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:58 pm

Okay Beaver over did it this afternoon and I have some serious reason to be concerned. He is having some serious jumps that could be construed as epileptic or low blood sugar...yep it is low blood sugar. Does not happen, but it does happen. Now to fix it. Three hours of shoveling...how stupid can he be.

I know who he is blaming. He is not blaming elderly couple...he is blaming the visiting nurses who visit the elderly couple who blame my husband for not keeping the driveway wide enough for them to park. They should be blaming their landlord, not my husband who was just being a good neighbor and putting his own health in jeapordy. He dug out their oil pipe and that took all of five minutes. The sidewalk took maybe another five minutes. The porch took less than 5 minutes.

I am looking forward to the time when I can be around and give these people a piece of my mind...not the neighbors, but the visiting nurses. He is doing this as a curtousy to them and they could at least treat my husband with a little respect...he does so deserve it.
There are two ways of doing things...the wrong way and my way.

What, don't want to do it my way, there is a fine for that.
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:16 pm

Nice to see the wife get worked up once in awhile...at least not at me for a change. I would love to be there when she rips them visiting nurses limb for limb.

I love the weatherman's version of an inch...six inches later and then it switched over to freezing rain and sleet. I have to be honest, I am getting really sick of snow, sleet, and freezing rain.
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:28 pm

Mrs. B.....good to hear from you! I hope Beav is feeling better. Come south.....it was 60 and my daffodils are blooming.

I #Support Smoke
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:41 pm

I am feeling a little better thanks. But those idiots over there park like there is only room for two vehicles when there is actually room for four vehicles. They park at angles taking up two spaces. We have had the wife's car, my pickup, a Jeep Cherokee, and my Dad's Chevy Club Cab all parked over there at the same time...I was just trying to prove a point. I took that picture and sent it to their landlord to make a point. If you can park 3 large vehicles and one midsize vehicle in there, then there is absolutely no reason these visiting nurses should be fighting for space. The landlord is asking if I would considering striping that parking lot for him to deal with the problem.

My blood sugar is coming up slowly. My daughter is battling a bad cold.
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby