FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

55TH GRAMMY AWARDS!

<<

chevy39fan

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:25 pm

55TH GRAMMY AWARDS!

I generally never watch this show. I generally don't care for most of the bands that are featured. Some bands I wonder how they got a recording contract seriously! But, I guess there's always a producer or two who are willing to take a chance. :D

I'm a former musician as I was a self taught drummer way back in the 70's early 80's. I feel the music was much better back then but that's only my opinion. :D

I have been impressed by a little some what chubby Brit named Adele Adkins. Her voice is full and powerful and she seems unabashed by her fame in which is refreshing. She's not concerned about being a slim model type singer either. Her influences are Etta James/Bonnie Raitt. She's was born in 1988 so it's surprising she likes those much older performers. She plays several instruments and writes/co writes her own music as well. Had her first baby last November and is soon to be married to Simon Konecki who is from England and is the father of Adele's baby.

Miss Adkins has won 103 music awards so she must be doing something very good! ;)

There were many bands that performed. Which do you like? :D
Attachments
adele-valentino.jpg
Adele Laurie Adkins 55TH Grammys
adele-valentino.jpg (88.86 KiB) Viewed 571 times
Last edited by chevy39fan on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

tlmerk

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:22 pm

Re: 55TH GRAMMY AWARDS!

Funny that you mentioned Adele because she has been extremely popular, superstar class, for the past couple years. My sons and I all love her. I noticed she also cowrote and sang the newest James Bond themesong at the opening of Skyfall. Yep, she's pretty talented. I love the country singers best, i.e. Little Big Town who won for their fun song Pontoon and I keep finding myself singing a couple songs by Fun. (Yep, that's their name.)
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:51 pm

Over the years, IN MY OPINION, the music industry has become so diluted that originality has gone out the window. It is truly nice to hear about newer performers that kinda break the "Image" mold. As far as I'm concerned, TALENT not image is what makes the star a SUPERstar. As a former vocalist, the shocking degree to which a majority feel they have to follow someone else's path just blows my mind. If I still "had it"....the desire and time that is, I'd sure as h3ll wanna be known for being an ORIGINAL than lumped into a group that are ALWAYS gonna be compared to one another 8-)
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:52 pm

I didn't get a chance to see the grammys but I did see Taylor Swift sing about being dumped one more time. Do people really think this girl has talent? She was lucky to have someone sign her to a contract and doesn't care what she sings.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:22 pm

Didn't get to watch it....... :( We had company and I forgot to record it.... chevy 39fan you are a man of many talents. 8-)
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

chevy39fan

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:18 am

tlmerk wrote:Funny that you mentioned Adele because she has been extremely popular, superstar class, for the past couple years. My sons and I all love her. I noticed she also co-wrote and sang the newest James Bond theme song at the opening of Skyfall. Yep, she's pretty talented. I love the country singers best, i.e. Little Big Town who won for their fun song Pontoon and I keep finding myself singing a couple songs by Fun. (Yep, that's their name.)
Yea I'm a bit of a late bloomer with Miss Adkins. Her 19 CD hit the market 2009 I believe. The radio stations I listen to do not play her music being a pop star. Yes she did have the honor of coming up with the theme song to the latest James Bond trilogy that is heavily British. Paul McCartney had the honor with "Live And Let Die."

I'm fairly open minded when it comes to all forms of music. More of a rock-n-roller(classic/current) with a dab of jazz.

You mentioned country music. I can respect that category of music that has been around a very long time and the musicians are very talented. Don't own one CD or record of country but still acknowledge it with respect.
<<

chevy39fan

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:23 am

Annalee wrote:Didn't get to watch it....... :( We had company and I forgot to record it.... chevy 39fan you are a man of many talents. 8-)
Yes, I have been blessed with more than a singular talent in this life! ;)

Leading a clean and healthy life style keeps your brain functioning at it's peek! :lol: :roll:
<<

chevy39fan

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:28 am

midwesternsmoke wrote:Over the years, IN MY OPINION, the music industry has become so diluted that originality has gone out the window. It is truly nice to hear about newer performers that kinda break the "Image" mold. As far as I'm concerned, TALENT not image is what makes the star a SUPERstar. As a former vocalist, the shocking degree to which a majority feel they have to follow someone else's path just blows my mind. If I still "had it"....the desire and time that is, I'd sure as h3ll wanna be known for being an ORIGINAL than lumped into a group that are ALWAYS gonna be compared to one another 8-)
I know what you mean MWS!

It seems EVERYONE sings their music constantly going up and down musical scales as if that's unique! It's painfully ordinary now a days and doesn't impress anyone in my opinion. Heck I can do that! But, most are just simply imitating their hero......that does the same thing I guess? :D

Return to The Lobby