FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Goooood Morning SHR -Wednesday

<<

jsw14

Post Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:32 am

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Saturday

Mornin gang, 54* now, with a high of 74* today :) No snow here yet!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

Kcschlz2002

Post Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:47 am

So, I'm in charlotte for the first time, and will only be here today, what are hours if I want to look around at the facilities? Please help! Active duty on orders/leave for today only!
<<

Springwolf

Post Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:15 pm

Kcschlz2002 wrote:So, I'm in charlotte for the first time, and will only be here today, what are hours if I want to look around at the facilities? Please help! Active duty on orders/leave for today only!

First, thank you for your service! We appreciate your sacrifices and honor your patriotism.

You can find directions to the shop and shop hours on the SHR Contact page:
http://www.stewarthaasracing.com/contact_us01.php

Hope you get a chance to get there and see what there is to see.
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:17 pm

Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

Springwolf

Post Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:27 pm

awsum14 wrote:Goooood Morning SHR
35* and sunny here Hopewell, Va. Only going to 46* for a hi.

Hello down the road in Hopewell, from up here in Ladysmith. It was 32º this morning with a breeze coming across the water, it sure made it feel a lot colder.

I start my day with a check in on Twitter. They're always good for a morning giggle. This morning I noticed the posts from TSR about the results from last night's dirt race in Georgia.

Donny Schatz started 3rd in the Main & won. Tony started 16th & improved that to finish 10th. And Steve Kinser started 24th & finished 17th.That's a good night if you ask me! Of course we'd love all of Tony's teams to finish 1, 2, 3 (with Tony winning of course). But improving their starts is still a good night in my humble opinion.

Then I noticed the SHR tweets with Tony in Charlotte this morning. The Nascar Preview began today and Anthony was signing autographs, talking to the press with Bowyer and looking very tired. Only someone who truly loves what they do would sacrifice so much to do it, keep their commitments, and give back to fans like he does. I for one, appreciate that dedication. That's why he's truly the People's Champion!

I hope everyone can find that kind of passion in their life and go out there today and live it!
<<

jsw14

Post Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:02 pm

Springwolf wrote:
awsum14 wrote:Goooood Morning SHR
35* and sunny here Hopewell, Va. Only going to 46* for a hi.

Hello down the road in Hopewell, from up here in Ladysmith. It was 32º this morning with a breeze coming across the water, it sure made it feel a lot colder.

I start my day with a check in on Twitter. They're always good for a morning giggle. This morning I noticed the posts from TSR about the results from last night's dirt race in Georgia.

Donny Schatz started 3rd in the Main & won. Tony started 16th & improved that to finish 10th. And Steve Kinser started 24th & finished 17th.That's a good night if you ask me! Of course we'd love all of Tony's teams to finish 1, 2, 3 (with Tony winning of course). But improving their starts is still a good night in my humble opinion.

Then I noticed the SHR tweets with Tony in Charlotte this morning. The Nascar Preview began today and Anthony was signing autographs, talking to the press with Bowyer and looking very tired. Only someone who truly loves what they do would sacrifice so much to do it, keep their commitments, and give back to fans like he does. I for one, appreciate that dedication. That's why he's truly the People's Champion!

I hope everyone can find that kind of passion in their life and go out there today and live it!

Springwolf, that race was at Bubba Raceway Park, in Florida. Thats OK, U have ALL the Stat's right...... :)
<<

awsum14

Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:43 am

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Sunday

Goooood Morning SHR

33* and clear skies again this morning. S'pose to get in the mid 50's for a hi.

Thoughts and Prayers to All
Have a Great and Safe Day

Seeeee Ya's

"TWO WEEKS"

DAYTONA 14 dys 4 hrs 16 mns
If at first you don't succeed, don't give up
Try Harder
<<

jsw14

Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:52 am

Results from the dirt race 2/9/13 at Bubba Raceway Park, in Ocala, Fl..........

Donny Schatz Brings Out The Broom At Bubba Raceway Park!
By- Jim Rouse, BRP Media
2-9-13
Ocala, FL

The UNOH All Star Circuit of Champions and UMP DirtCar Modifieds made it an exciting week-end for fans with 3 different winners in 4 feature races. Kyle Strickler was quickest of the week-end in the Modifieds and set a record of 16.244 (83.11 MPH) around the 3/8 mile while Donny Schatz was Kistler Engines Fast Qualifier for the ASCOC at 11.982 (112.67 MPH). Over the course of the week-end Strickler and Daryn Pittman set new track records when Pittman went 11.840 (114.02 MPH) and Strickler set his 16.244.

In feature race action Kyle Strickler made easy work of pole sitter Nick Hoffman and went to work setting the pace. A couple of minor cautions kept the field bunched up but drivers such as Jeff Mathews found themselves a lap down by night's end. On lap 22 of 30 Dalton Meyers spun his #33X in turn 1 with Strickler and team-mate Nate Caruth in front of Hoffman, Friday night winner Rodney Sanders, and Dave Hess, Jr. The top 4 stayed the same to the checkers but Matt Westfall jumped into the top 5 as Hess fell to 6th. Strickler, "The High Side Tickler" went to work and made some donuts before going to Coors Light Winners Circle $5000 richer!

Dale "Lowrider" Blaney won the Dash for the All Stars and took a massive lead from his pole position. Tim Shaffer led a lap for a brief moment before Blaney used lapped traffic, which had just slowed him down, to take a lead bigger than what he had before. However, with 10 to go "The King" Steve Kinser saw a right rear tire go flat- adding to his woeful 2 nights at Bubba Raceway Park- and he hindered Blaney as he tried to exit the track. Donny Schatz seized the chance to overtake Shaffer and Blaney and he pulled away in his STP #15. Shaffer would stay 2nd while Tony Stewart jumped into 3rd. Schatz nearly lost the lead in traffic but Shaffer couldn't attack and allowed 5-time World of Outlaws champion Donny Schatz to sweep the week-end at Bubba Raceway Park and grab a cool $7000. Shaffer, the defending UNOH All Star Circuit of Champions champion, finished 2nd with 3-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champ Tony Stewart in 3rd! Blaney would finish a disappointing 4th and Daryn Pittman put the Kasey Kahne Racing #9 in 5th. The week-end was not easy if you weren't Schatz as Tony Stewart barely grabbed a top 10 on Friday while Steve Kinser and Cody Darrah, the Kasey Kahne Racing driver, both squeaked through in B Main races on both nights.
<<

Springwolf

Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:10 pm

Springwolf, that race was at Bubba Raceway Park, in Florida. Thats OK, U have ALL the Stat's right...... :)

Oh man! I didn't even notice I said Georgia. The TV was on in the background and someone was talking about Atlanta..I guess I had Georgia on my mind. :lol:

-- Had a good time "watching" last nights race on Twitter. Never as good as being there; but some great fans shared pics and stories and laughs.

So happy someone from TSR swept the weekend. Congrats to Donny and Tony for their great finish. And Steve is improving his starting position. That's good stuff too.
<<

beaverpond

Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:25 pm

snowed in.jpg
snowed in.jpg (30.15 KiB) Viewed 676 times

neighbors Tahoe.jpg
neighbors Tahoe.jpg (11.42 KiB) Viewed 676 times

Here are a couple of pics of our storm this past weekend.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:37 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

My sis-n-law lives in RI, they got 20"
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

beaverpond

Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:22 pm

While I got a little more than 2 feet, a friend of mine who lives in Gorham got 36 inches. It smashed their old record of 29 inches from 1979.
Image Image

<<

jsw14

Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:47 pm

Have'in Georgia on ur mind is a Good Thing, Springwolf.... 8-) :)
<<

jsw14

Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:11 pm

beaverpond wrote:While I got a little more than 2 feet, a friend of mine who lives in Gorham got 36 inches. It smashed their old record of 29 inches from 1979.

Sheeeesh Beave, Is ur Pond Frozzzz'in-over? If it is, how r u goin to get too ur Beaver Hut? :shock: :P
<<

beaverpond

Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:13 pm

pond is...brook is not
Image Image

PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby