FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Weekly Picks & Meal Club for 2013

<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:35 pm

Weekly Picks & Meal Club for 2013

For all the new members, we don’t take ourselves too seriously in this thread. It sounds like we might have two different formats for points going this season. One that is done by administrators and one that will be done by a Garage Ganger, that is what we call ourselves.

Unless the points system changes with the administrators, you get 5 points each day for logging in and will probably be reset down to 180 points. Then when making your picks in the weekly picks games run by the administrators, if you should get 1 driver in the right spot…you get 30 points, you get 2 drivers in the right spot…you get 50 points, you get all 3 drivers in the right spot…you get 100 points.

However, if you get so much as one driver out of order then you are treated as all your drivers as being out of order. So pick 1 correct driver…you get 10 points, 2 correct drivers…you get 30 points, and 3 correct drivers…you get 50 points.

All picks must be made by midnight EST the day before the race. So if we have a Saturday race, you have to have your picks made by midnight Friday or your picks will not count or be saved.

If one SHR driver comes in the top 3, then everybody who made a pick will get an extra 5 points. If two SHR drivers come in the top 3, then everybody who made a pick will get an extra 10 points. If all three SHR drivers come in the top 3, then everybody who made a pick will get an extra 15 points. Now remember this only works if you are making your picks on the administrators weekly picks game.

If I notice or when I find out the administrators are doing things a little differently, then I will update this thread on this initial post.

Now, as the Garage Gang contest and its trophy, we will have to wait for Garage Gang Member HTower to fill us in on how that program is going to work.

For those posting your picks, please post which ones are for Weekly Picks and which ones are for Gang Picks.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:00 am

Re: Weekly Picks & Meal Club for 2013

This is the former 1 POINT CLUB in the previous years. But after that thread growing to 297 pages, it was time for a change up and a refresh of how things look.

The days of the torture chamber are gone. However, you can voluntarily enjoy the lavish living of style in the old Club House. It has two fire pits outside, beautiful shrubs, plenty of lawn to build a 9 hole golf course…hint, hint, hint…we also have five computers, three printers, fully automatic alarm system, two 30 cubic foot side by side from Kenmore Pro Series, two Kenmore Pro Series ovens, I upgraded our 42 inch television to a 60 inch that hangs over the fireplace, we also have a Bunn Coffee Brewer System and a Bunn Cappuccino Machine. The coffee brand is Green Mountain Coffee Roasters and the are Original, Decaf, Hazelnut, & French Vanilla. As for the Cappuccino, we are talking about Peppermint Stick, French Vanilla, & Hot Chocolate.

I have also been over to the former 5 POINT Club also known as the Lodge. It has the same amenities as the Club House, but it has a go-kart track that goes around a pond, a miniature golf course, 200 rooms with wi-fi connections, an indoor and outdoor swimming pool, library, huge lobby, huge patio for barbeques, pub, and several huge dining area. There are 72 inch televisions in the pub, lobby, and dining areas. Each room has a 42 inch television and two queen size beds.

You will find that this club has some wonderful chefs and bakers. Some of us even have access to some wonderful foods to create with.
Image Image

<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:23 am

Some of the newer members may be asking, "and why are we doing this". This is just something a lot of us do that we have fun with.

If you make picks and none of your driver picks come in the top three, then you will be ordered to the Club until the next race. You are stuck there until you get at least one driver correct. You have seen what is in these places.

The Lodge is located somewhere in my mind of south western North Carolina. The Club, I picture it being somewhere in Virginia...near West Virginia up in the mountains.
Image Image

<<

kim92164

Post Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:06 am

Sounds like with the lodge you could be describing the Greenbrier which is a 5-star resort located in south eastern WV.
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:36 am

Gee, and I was making this up all out of the top of my head.
Image Image

<<

jsw14

Post Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:01 am

Nice 1-P-C Beave, I'll have to wait tell I'm in their to play golf. I hope it's not the first race of the year eather :roll: Ooo, that reminds me, I have to get my crystal-ball out & shine it up for Daytona :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:33 am

I thought you said you were going to replace that thing...would you like one from China...Maine :mrgreen:
Image Image

<<

jsw14

Post Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:38 am

Naw, I took my crystal-ball a-part over the off season & cleaned it :) Hope I put all the parts back in order :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:59 am

What, no leftover pieces. I will still be using the ever popular mixing bowl, but never making any official picks...not after last season. A lot of us know how that turned out, but we won't go there again...or will we, nah.
Image Image

<<

Annalee

Post Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:19 am

OK Beav where do we post the GG picks? At one time you were going to start a new forum. And for a few of us, we definitely need the Crystal ball, in more ways than one. :lol: :lol:

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:59 am

jsw14 wrote:Nice 1-P-C Beave, I'll have to wait tell I'm in their to play golf. I hope it's not the first race of the year eather :roll: Ooo, that reminds me, I have to get my crystal-ball out & shine it up for Daytona :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Don't forget fresh batteries! :mrgreen:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:31 pm

I don't think we were talking about a new forum, just a new thread and that is what this is.

The old Weekly Picks thread was in the NASCAR FORUM of threads. This one is in the LOBBY FORUM of threads.
Image Image

<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:37 pm

J,

You should get an update for that thing so that it runs on solar energy, batteries, and florescent light.
Image Image

<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:05 pm

jsw14 wrote:This is the Brand New Point's Club for 2013. If U have a better name for this club Post ur suggestions here. If ur New name is picked for this new thread, U will get 10 extra point's to be leading in point's at the start of the race season!!! First race to Pick ur drivers for points is>Sprint Unlimited and Bud Duels! I'm goin to make this as simple as possible. Deadline for names to change the name of this Thread will be before Midnight 2/15/2013!! Plus, U need to have ur pick's posted by 2/15/13 before midnight too!!!!

RULE's............
Each race week (starting 2/16/13 with Sprint Unlimited and Bud Duels) when U pick ur Top 3 drivers (1st, 2nd, 3rd) for that race, U MUST POST THEM ON THIS THREAD TO GET UR POINT'S!!

Example;
A- 14
B- 39
C- 10

Point System,
A. 100 points - for correctly picking first place
B. 50 points - for correctly picking 2nd place
C. 25 points - for correctly picking 3rd place
"200 Point's for haveing All 3 picks in Order"....!!!!!

D. 5 points bonus - If one of the 3 SHR driver's is in the Top (5) for that race,Tony, Ryan, or Danica. If Two SHR driver's are in the top (5) 10 Bonus point's. If All three SHR driver's in are in the top (5) 15 Bonus point's. U can't get more then 215 point's per-race.....
The point's will only be added-up for ur race pick's each week. Your Log-in point's will NOT be added-in ur score.!There is NO limit on picking the same drivers each week.

If U fail to post ur pick's before 12:00 midnight before the race, (or edit them in any way after midnight) your picks & points will NOT count for that race ONLY. U can still pick ur drivers for the next week's race IF U post-em on time.The Key is> post ur picks correctly in Order on time every week too get ur points!!!!

HTower will keep score on a Excel Spread Sheet. Annalee will be the Back-up Score keeper. It is wise to keep track of ur score yourself. Remember, NO Point's for Log-in every day will be counted!!! This Game is for Race-Point's Only! I (jsw14) will supply the 2013 Winner with this Prize after the last race at Miami-Homestead with the Most Point's for the year! The prize will be shipped at NO cost to U!!! We will announce the Winner after point's have been totaled. I will PM the Winner to get there address.

Good Luck Pickin ur Driver's for the 2013 Season!!!!

I'm NOT Eligible to Win the Prize. If I come in First with the most point's, the Prize Will go to 2nd place. I will have the "Braggin Right's for 1st place" :)

GO SHR
Image Image

<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:09 pm

I am not trying to say people need to make their picks here as opposed to the other thread in the NASCAR FORUM of threads. I just wanted to share what the rules were going to be for the forum members who want to participate in JSW's prize.
Image Image

Next

Return to The Lobby