FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hi! from Virginia

<<

Abigtonysfan#14

Post Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:45 pm

Hi! from Virginia

My name is Linda. I have been a Tony fan since 2000. I am hooked on watching racing. I will be so glad when they start back up.
<<

geotaylor1

Post Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:02 pm

Re: Hi! from Virginia

Welcome abord - Geo & Barb - Union Hall
<<

onerockindoc

Post Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:52 pm

I hope that when we get back to racing you will join us on racedays in the chat room. We have a blast chatting. Welcome
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

Springwolf

Post Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:36 pm

Hello to everyone & to our fellow Virginians from here in Caroline County. That right around Kings Dominion. ;-)

I've been a fan of all racing for practically my entire life. I'm not sure what sparked that interest, perhaps being the younger daughter in a house full of sisters. I was dad's tomboy. Like someone we know, AJ Foyt was my favorite Indy racer. But Darrell Waltrip was my guy in Nascar, from his rookie year in 1972. But let's not talk about how long ago that was.

As seasons came and went I picked up a second favorite, Davey Allison. There was something about the black 28 Texaco car that simply made it and him special. When Davey died after his helicopter crashed July 13, 1993 in Talladega, the effect on me was similar to how race fans felt when Dale Earnhardt Sr died at Daytona. I simply couldn’t watch races any longer and turned away from all racing.

It wasn't until 1998 when I returned and watched a few races here and there, supporting who ever drove for Joe Gibbs. Growing up outside of DC, I was of course a big Redskins fan. So it was nice cheering on his team or teams at the time.

In 1999, sitting at home and watching the September 11, 1999 Exide NASCAR Select Batteries 400 in Richmond I took notice of the rookie leading the race. Of course the commentators were building up the excitement of a rookie winning his first Cup race. Everyone pulls for the underdog right?

When he won, his “attitude” came out in the Victory Lane interview and I took interest. I loved the confidence, the brash persona, and he drove for Joe Gibbs, even better! At that moment I decided I was back to Nascar and this guy was going to be my guy. I became a devoted Tony Stewart fan from that moment and I've never wavered!

So I'm With Smoke and pulling for him in everything he races in. I am truly looking forward to this season of Nascar with the Gen6 cars. I have a feeling our Tony will be excellent in these cars. 4 is my lucky number so I've got my fingers crossed this is the year he pulls in Championship #4.

My son is a big Ryan Newman fan. He picked Ryan as his guy in 2007, the year before Ryan won the Daytona 500. My son was only 4 at the time. When Ryan came to drive for Tony at Stewart-Haas it was a dream come true for us! We're hoping Ryan and SHR will stay together in 2014. But we're pulling for everyone at SHR!

I also hope Tony achieves his goal of racing in 100 races this year. I love watching his entire Tony Stewart Racing crew do their thing. Thanks to Smoke..I think I've become addicted to racing in general.

Return to Introduce Yourself