FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Kevin Harvick

<<

Billy Ray JR

180

Post Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:52 am

Kevin Harvick

I know there's a whole 2013 season ahead , however I was wondering if Kevin Harvick moves to SHR any chance he could keep his 29 number ?
<<

jsw14

User avatar

Posts: 3746

Images: 2
8363

Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:00 am

Location: Florida

Post Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:31 pm

Re: Kevin Harvick

The #29 is owned by RCR. I don't think RCR will give the #29 to Harvick.....
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

ndunn

User avatar

Posts: 3274

8587

Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm

Post Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:40 pm

Re: Kevin Harvick

Kevin will probably be asked by Tony & Gene what number he'd like. I believe Danica had her choice and Ryan also. I do not remember where the 29 came from. My guess Kevin would like a clean slate in 2014.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Rochelle

User avatar

Posts: 2390

Images: 1
8657

Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:49 pm

Post Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:42 pm

Re: Kevin Harvick

I'm hoping he get the number 4. That was originally Tony's choice for Ryan when Tony picked the 14 for himself. Then SHR will have the 4, 10, 14. A good sequence of numbers. With Ryan's luck the last few years, I wish he'd taken the 4...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

ndunn

User avatar

Posts: 3274

8587

Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm

Post Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:47 pm

Re: Kevin Harvick

Rochelle that would be a great idea. Would be easy to remember.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

jsw14

User avatar

Posts: 3746

Images: 2
8363

Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:00 am

Location: Florida

Post Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:25 pm

Re: Kevin Harvick

Nascar has a list of unused #'s available, & I think the owner's have to pay Nascar a High price for them. Just look at the #3, for years it wasn't used on any car. But RCR still owen's the #3. All #'s are registered trademarks once they are owend.
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

smoke14rulez

User avatar

Posts: 1074

Images: 1
8679

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:22 am

Post Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:28 pm

Re: Kevin Harvick

Would be up to Childress if he'd want to let it go or not? I remember th #4 thing, Morgan McClure pitched a bisch about it 'cause he said he has plans to return...someday...so, Tony just dropped it. But, he COULD have taken it as it was not in current use...why Kasey ran it in 2011 for the year.

Interesting thing is that Robbie Gordon has no plans to run any races this year. I think NA$CAR should put the #7 back in play if Danica wants it. At least she's got a full time ride and to me that trumps "maybe I will, maybe I won't."
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

jsw14

User avatar

Posts: 3746

Images: 2
8363

Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:00 am

Location: Florida

Post Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:46 pm

Re: Kevin Harvick

I don't think Danica would drive any better in the #7 or the old Buckshot Jones's #00 number eather :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4371

8095

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:26 pm

Re: Kevin Harvick

when a # isnt being used, the owner using that # can leave it dormant for 1 year. So if Robby doesnt race this year & doesnt register it to race next year, then anyone can take rent the # from Nascar (as Nascar owns the #)
Richard Petty after he retired didnt use the #43, but changed to the #44, but the following year he went back to the 43 because he didnt want any other team taking the #.

I dont think anyone has attempted to take the #3, just because. Although it is an available # in the cup series.

As far as the 29. They obviously didnt want to use the 3 car after Dales Death. The 29 was available & RCR then were using the 29, 30, & 31 #'s back in the early 2000's
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8733

Images: 0
8533

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Kevin Harvick

she picked 10 cuz that is what she drove in go karts, it was her first number, that is the only thing i like bout SHR, getting to pick cool numbers like that.
Image
<<

jsw14

User avatar

Posts: 3746

Images: 2
8363

Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:00 am

Location: Florida

Post Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:26 pm

Re: Kevin Harvick

Correct me if I'm wrong Schmoopy, but RCR never gave the #3 back to Nascar. RCR Own's that number. RCR can sell it, but Nascar does not Own or can give the #3 to another team.......

If I'm wrong, I will be learning something new too 8-) :lol: ;)
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4371

8095

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:57 pm

Re: Kevin Harvick

jsw14 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong Schmoopy, but RCR never gave the #3 back to Nascar. RCR Own's that number. RCR can sell it, but Nascar does not Own or can give the #3 to another team.......

If I'm wrong, I will be learning something new too 8-) :lol: ;)


No Owners own the #'s. Only nascar owns them & leases them out so to speak. If someone wants a # not being used for over a year, what happens usually, is Nascar will go to the last owner that had the # & let them know someone wants to take the #. Then the last owner to use the # has the option to renew & use that # or lose it to the next owner wanting it. Something Morgan McClure had to deal with. Tony could have taken the #4 anyways since MM wasnt gonna run any races. Figure Tony just didnt take it out of respect or maybe didnt want to deal with the hassle of someone whining over the #4.
So if someone decided next year to take the #3, they would inform RCR, before they gave the # away. Then RCR would have to decide to use the # next year or lose it to the next guy.
I just assume no one uses the #3 out of respect. That & all the hoopla that would surround some new team for being the 1st ones to use the #3 since Dale's death. I would imagine isnt something most teams would want to deal with. With all that distraction.

But to give you the short answer (LOL) No team owner ever owns the # used. Nascar reserves all the rights to the #.
ImageImageImage
<<

jsw14

User avatar

Posts: 3746

Images: 2
8363

Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:00 am

Location: Florida

Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:16 am

Re: Kevin Harvick

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
jsw14 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong Schmoopy, but RCR never gave the #3 back to Nascar. RCR Own's that number. RCR can sell it, but Nascar does not Own or can give the #3 to another team.......

If I'm wrong, I will be learning something new too 8-) :lol: ;)


No Owners own the #'s. Only nascar owns them & leases them out so to speak. If someone wants a # not being used for over a year, what happens usually, is Nascar will go to the last owner that had the # & let them know someone wants to take the #. Then the last owner to use the # has the option to renew & use that # or lose it to the next owner wanting it. Something Morgan McClure had to deal with. Tony could have taken the #4 anyways since MM wasnt gonna run any races. Figure Tony just didnt take it out of respect or maybe didnt want to deal with the hassle of someone whining over the #4.
So if someone decided next year to take the #3, they would inform RCR, before they gave the # away. Then RCR would have to decide to use the # next year or lose it to the next guy.
I just assume no one uses the #3 out of respect. That & all the hoopla that would surround some new team for being the 1st ones to use the #3 since Dale's death. I would imagine isnt something most teams would want to deal with. With all that distraction.

But to give you the short answer (LOL) No team owner ever owns the # used. Nascar reserves all the rights to the #.


Thx for the Info Schmoopy :) One Question>>> Can any team like RCR lease the number from Nascar (like the #3), & NOT use that # on a car to race that year? Just so they can hold on to it?
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

Annalee

User avatar

Posts: 5591

8497

Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:15 pm

Location: Home of NASCAR

Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:38 pm

Re: Kevin Harvick

Rochelle wrote:I'm hoping he get the number 4. That was originally Tony's choice for Ryan when Tony picked the 14 for himself. Then SHR will have the 4, 10, 14. A good sequence of numbers. With Ryan's luck the last few years, I wish he'd taken the 4...


Great idea....I like it. Wonder when Animink or SHR is going to give Kevin his own forum? Maybe it is too early.
Image

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

HTower

User avatar

Posts: 950

8020

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:33 am

Location: Chicagoland Speedway

Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:11 pm

Re: Kevin Harvick

Annalee wrote:
Rochelle wrote:I'm hoping he get the number 4. That was originally Tony's choice for Ryan when Tony picked the 14 for himself. Then SHR will have the 4, 10, 14. A good sequence of numbers. With Ryan's luck the last few years, I wish he'd taken the 4...


Great idea....I like it. Wonder when Animink or SHR is going to give Kevin his own forum? Maybe it is too early.


Danica got her forum No 10th, 2011, so it looks like Harvick will have to wait until after the 2013 season. That doesn't mean we can't flood the board with Harvick threads.
Next

Return to The Lobby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MikeVP and 4 guests

stewart haas logo footer



Terms of Use  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Policy  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us
COPYRIGHT © STEWART-HAAS RACING, LLC. All rights reserved.
Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.
Approved by Tony Stewart & Gene Haas
PLEASE REPORT ANY PROBLEMS OR COMMENTS TO THE WEBMASTER