FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Goooood Morning SHR - Friday

<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:38 am

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Monday

Everything with our kids this year has been ... I want this and I want that ... so Mrs B and I decided to teach the kids a lesson this year. It is more blessed to give than it is to receive. No, we are not depriving them of gifts...totally. They can have the ones from relatives today...but won't they be shocked when there is nothing from us under the tree. We have always taught them about Jesus and that there is no Santa Claus, all the presents come from family and friends...not a guy in a red suit. Jesus received lots of gifts from lots of different people as well when he was born. This is what we have taught our kids.

Now to those of you wondering if we are going to give them anything...yes, we are going to make them wait a week or so. Let this lesson sink in. Maybe even have them write a story about the meaning of Christmas and how it is more blessed to give than to receive. Then in the future they will think back on this year and say was it worth it, should I have asked for so much, should I have thought of others first, and the list could go on.

From the entire Beaver Family,

MERRY
CHRISTMAS
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

jsw14

Post Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:36 am

MERRY CHRISTMAS GANG, FROM THE HART OF FLORIDA

Image :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image #SmokeWillRise
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:03 am

... and from THIS Floridian, too... MERRY CHRISTMAS!! :D :D

Oops... Mrs HH leans over my shoulder and sends her greetings, too. :D :D :D :D
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

awsum14

Post Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:15 am

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Merry Christmas

Goooood Morning SHR

Merry Christmas from Central Virginy, were it's 46* and overcast.
Nikki was up at 6:30, and we've been putting things together so'o he can play with them.
Just waiting for the youn'uns to get here with the other grandbabies for the second round of gift exchanges.

Thoughts and Prayers to All
Have a Great and Safe Holiday

Seeeee Ya's

DAYTONA 61 dys 2 hrs 43 mns
If at first you don't succeed, don't give up
Try Harder
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:43 pm

Ham, ham, ham, ham, ham........we're hammed out!

At least we're thankful the bad weather stayed away for safe travels today & tonight. Now starting at 1 AM until 1 AM Thurs morn, we have a blizzard warning. Haven't had one of them in a few good years. Supposed to be a heavy wet snow. About 1" over night mixing with sleet at first. Then tomorrow the clouds let loose & dumping 6-10 nches.

WINDS... NORTHEAST 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 40 MPH.

TEMPERATURES... IN THE UPPER 20S WITH WIND CHILLS IN THE TEENS.

IMPACTS... EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED DUE TO HEAVY SNOWFALL AND STRONG WINDS. VISIBILITIES WILL BE NEAR ZERO IN SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW. STRONG WINDS MAY DOWN POWER LINES AND TREE LIMBS... CAUSING POWER OUTAGES. LARGE DRIFTS COULD CAUSE SOME ROADS TO BECOME IMPASSABLE.

Sure hope the power stays on here! Ain't got no firewood for the fireplace's insert heater. :shock:
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:29 am

Kids were not happy this morning and found nothing under the tree. All the gifts from relatives were at my parents so all was not lost in their minds, but it certainly set them back for awhile.

It snowed here for 6 hours dumping 4 inches. What a mess, cars off the road all over the place. I was reading stories about 4, 5, & 6 car pile ups from the coast to the mountains. Some blame it on slippery roads, others are blaming it on idiotic drivers not driving to conditions...all I can say is that when I was driving on Route 302 where we live which is a state maintained road, there was almost three inches of snow on the ground and the roads were ice covered and had not been plowed as is yet. I slid right through an intersection trying to make a left hand turn. It seemed to me that because it was a holiday, that the road crews were delaying in going out.

"over the river and through the woods to Grandmothers house we go, the horse knows the way to carry the sleigh over the heavily iced over roads"
Image Image

<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:38 am

We are under a WINTER STORM WARNING from 6pm Wednesday to 6am Friday with the expectation of about a foot of heavy snow to fall.

If they are talking 36 hours for 12 inches, then it will be easier to help stay on top of this storm...but to be honest with you, the forecast centers have not predicted a single snow storm correct so far.

The last few have been really far off. We were only supposed to get 6 inches and got more than a foot. Another one we were only supposed to get 2 inches and we got 6. One other one we were supposed to get rain and got 5 inches of snow. Pardon me if I don't trust them for this one either.
Image Image

<<

awsum14

Post Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:31 pm

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Wednesday

Good Afternoon SHR

Yup, overslept again this morning. Power went out earlier this week due to squirrals and a transformer. I reset my alarm clock 12 hrs off. Was s'pose to be back in Williamsburg for the rest of the week, but I ended up in Cary, NC. til after the first of the year. They have had about 1 1/2" of rain since midnight and I don't expect it to let up for afew more hours.
Temps are only in the mid 40's. I don't think it will get to 57* like they say.

12/26 Wed
NASCAR Sprint Cup Replay, New Hampshire NOW SPEED
NASCAR Race Hub 6:00 pm SPEED

Have a Great and Safe Day

Seeeee Ya's

DAYTONA 60 dys 0 hrs 29 mns
Try Harder
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:05 pm

Blizzard warning that was thru 1 AM tomorow morning has been lifted & now they posted a winter weather advisory until 7 PM this eve.

We did not get the 6-10 inches of snow. We currently have about 4" out there & it's lightly snowing still. It's said about 1" more to fall, so it's less than they thought. Maybe Beaver will get less than they state right now since we got less than they thought.

We even had thunder snow for about 30 mins it rumbled time to time. Sounded like it was right on top of the house. That's the first time I've ever experienced thunder snow.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:27 pm

Actually they raised us from the foot we were supposed to get and now they are saying 16-20. I guess we will have to wait and see. While the map has changed a lot since this morning, they still have us in the 16-20 range and that is one of the few parts of the state that has not changed.
Image Image

<<

jsw14

Post Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:27 pm

We had much needed rain today :D 63* now, OOO-How I love Flori-Duh :)
BTW>>No snow reported yet 8-) 8-) :mrgreen:
Image #SmokeWillRise
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:25 pm

jsw I have to laugh when you make a weather report as I remember when you said at one time you worked in the Ann Arbor area and that was paying your dues. It has been cold as all get out and small amounts of snow in central Michigan. Christmas day was beautiful with a small amount of snow. At least the roads were clear. Have no idea of future weather as the report changes every few broadcasts.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:34 pm

Bull Hockey. The on line Almanac says this for our area:

December 2012
24th-27th. Snow showers, few snow squalls around Great Lakes.

ONE DAY OF SNOW & IT'S A BLIZZARD!
Smoke
<<

awsum14

Post Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:45 am

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Thursday

Goooood Morning SHR

I hate being right, never got to 50* yesterday. Put did get a heck of a lot of rain. 36* this morning in Cary,NC. and going only to 48* for a hi.
Looks like Beaver is getting snowed in again. Says there s'pose to get 7" today and another 4" tonight
J. can you turn on your turbo fan and push the JetStream back up north were it belongs :?: :?:

12/27 Thurs
NASCAR Race Hub 7:00 am SPEED
NASCAR Sprint Cup Replay, Indianapolis 12:00 pm SPEED
NASCAR Race Hub 6:00 pm SPEED

Have a Great and Safe Day

Seeeee Ya's

DAYTONA 59 dys 7 hrs 15 mns
Try Harder
<<

jsw14

Post Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:54 am

ndunn wrote:jsw I have to laugh when you make a weather report as I remember when you said at one time you worked in the Ann Arbor area and that was paying your dues. It has been cold as all get out and small amounts of snow in central Michigan. Christmas day was beautiful with a small amount of snow. At least the roads were clear. Have no idea of future weather as the report changes every few broadcasts.

Yuppers ndunn, I have paid my dues workin in Michigan as a kid. I was born & raised in Waterford Mi. Don't want too go back there either. I have three sisters in Mi, one in Grand Blank, & two in Waterford. My older sister lives in Oklahoma. I am the only boy out of the bunch. I never had to do dish's, but I got to meet all of their girl-friends when I was growin-up!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Too>> "A" Yup, it's time too fire-up the turbo's & push the cold-air back up North where it belongs.......> VARooooooMmm.... j points um to the North :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sheeeesh, it's 34* here this mornin :shock: but we have sunshine & a high of 63* comin our way :)
Image #SmokeWillRise
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby