FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Dirt Track News

<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:42 pm

Dirt Track News

"DUQUOIN, Dec. 16, 2012: Tony Stewart returned to his short-track roots Saturday, winning the feature in the third annual Battle at the Center on the one-sixth mile indoor Mini Magic Mile at the Southern Illinois Center."

Also in the article: “It was a lot of fun,” Stewart said. “I was happy with it. We heard this was a good event last year and decided to run it to get ready for the Chili Bowl (run in Tulsa, Okla., Jan. 8-12). We didn’t run very good in the Chili Bowl last year."

Will I see any of you in Tulsa next month. You can be sure I'll be there watching Tony and my other driver friends.

BTW: Happy Holidays to Everyone!
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:33 pm

Re: Dirt Track News

Thanks for the post and Happy Holidays to you also. I wish Tony the best with his racing in Fort Wayne and Tulsa. He trys not to miss either race.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:56 pm

Does anyone know if this will be televised? I understand it was a good race......once again Tony "Smokes" the field. 8-) NASCAR Nana, how many days till the Chili Bowl? I am sure you know... ;)

"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:17 pm

This was only the third year for the "Battle at the Center," and I don't recall seeing it before. If I find a broadcast, I'll try to remember to post the time.

It is 21 days till Practice Monday for the Chili Bowl. For me that means 20 days till I go to Tulsa. I go a day early so I can get my trailer set up for the week. Monday isn't a race day, but you can go and watch them make hot laps.

So, 22 days till the Chili Bowl starts, Jan. 7th - Jan. 12th. The trade show and sale of hats and t-shirts will also start on Tuesday. Races will be held Tues. - Fri. evenings. Sat. races will start around 11 am, and there will be close to 45 races that day.

I can't wait to see all the friends I have made over the years from all over the country!
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:08 am

Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."

Return to Tony