FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

What if.........

<<

onerockindoc

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:19 pm

What if.........

Speed TV didn't cover just motorsports related programming?

While out and about this morning I was listening to my Sirius radio. There was much conversation that Speed may be gobbled up by Fox in an effort to give ESPN a run for their money.

What would y'all think about that? Makes me wonder what would happen to shows like the Hub and some of the more beloved on-air personalities.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

HTower

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:05 pm

Re: What if.........

onerockindoc wrote:Speed TV didn't cover just motorsports related programming?

While out and about this morning I was listening to my Sirius radio. There was much conversation that Speed may be gobbled up by Fox in an effort to give ESPN a run for their money.

What would y'all think about that? Makes me wonder what would happen to shows like the Hub and some of the more beloved on-air personalities.

I could see replays going away. Some of the "game show" shows would probably also go away. Race Hub would still be around, but with different anchors I'm sure.

Fox doesn't neccessarily need to "gobble up" Speed though. They already have several sports channels. FSC, FOXSOC, FCSA, FCSC, and FCSP. I don't know what all of those are, but all of them are showing sports right now for me. The problem for Fox Sports is that they have been relegated to the higher premium packages. If they could negotiate their way onto basic cable they could compete against ESPN.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:13 pm

<<

jamo14

Post Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:29 am

I would go for a DIRT channel. I remember the daze when espn used to show an occasional dirt race. What does it cost to follow people around driving semis, cutting down trees, housewives being stupid, or questionable people clubbin' it up? It can't cost that much showing major dirt races live. As much dirt racing as Tony, Kasey, and speedtv personalities do, they could use them to promote the races.

I'm not greedy, I'll take the week of USAC racing before the Indy500 and the major purse races at Eldora being shown live on speed.

And I'd gladly take the Knoxville Nationals LIVE, not several months later, it'd beb better than Top Gear that's for sure.
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

HTower

Post Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:19 pm

michaeljohn wrote:*

+1?
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:30 pm

jamo14 wrote:I would go for a DIRT channel. I remember the daze when espn used to show an occasional dirt race. What does it cost to follow people around driving semis, cutting down trees, housewives being stupid, or questionable people clubbin' it up? It can't cost that much showing major dirt races live. As much dirt racing as Tony, Kasey, and speedtv personalities do, they could use them to promote the races.

...not just the cost, how many watch...you need to have enough viewership to attract advertisers. For some reason, people like those reality shows? :roll:

BTW, I like Top Gear...the British version of course... ;)
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

jamo14

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:06 am

they show plenty of motorcross that's for sure
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

Return to NASCAR & Racing