FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Weekly Picks & The 1 Point Club

<<

awsum14

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:02 am

Re: Weekly Picks & The 1 Point Club

smoke14rulez wrote:Like I said, I just play for fun...so, no worries... :mrgreen:

BTW...they can get anything right around here as it is...how would you expect them to conduct a random draw... :lol:

That will cost you 25 sign-in points and $25.00 to the 'cuss jar for dafamation(?) of the webmasters character... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
If at first you don't succeed, don't give up
Try Harder
<<

beaverpond

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:17 am

yea, you spelled it right...
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

beaverpond

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:25 am

Oh gosh it is cold up here this morning. It is 13* with 8 mph winds. Talk about it blowing right through ya. OY, bone chiller. Then to add to it, we had freezing rain and snow last night.

Mount Washington is 4* with winds blowing 48 mph giving you a wind chill of -41 degees.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:59 pm

Jimmy Spencer suggests we receive 1 point for every post. LOL
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

HTower

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:05 pm

We always could do a yahoo fantasy NASCAR league. There wouldn't be any rewards obviously, but it might be more fun to have only those who participate in the forums battling for 1st,2nd and 3rd rather than 15th. AND, Yahoo isn't known for screwing up points! :idea:

http://racing.fantasysports.yahoo.com/auto
<<

onerockindoc

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:18 pm

I like the idea of a yahoo league with just those whom you would want to play with are a great idea and I'd be pleased if you included me in your group.

I agree with rulez that it is only for fun but it would also be fun to be able to "trash talk" with those who participate. I play in a yahoo football league and it sure is easy enough to put together.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:54 pm

awsum14 wrote:
smoke14rulez wrote:Like I said, I just play for fun...so, no worries... :mrgreen:

BTW...they can get anything right around here as it is...how would you expect them to conduct a random draw... :lol:

That will cost you 25 sign-in points and $25.00 to the 'cuss jar for dafamation(?) of the webmasters character... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

...c'ain't be defamation if'n it's true... ;) 8-)
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:58 pm

HTower wrote:We always could do a yahoo fantasy NASCAR league. There wouldn't be any rewards obviously, but it might be more fun to have only those who participate in the forums battling for 1st,2nd and 3rd rather than 15th. AND, Yahoo isn't known for screwing up points! :idea:

http://racing.fantasysports.yahoo.com/auto

I played that once, for like a minute...if I remember correctly it lays out different than the game here. You pick from three different tiers of drivers instead of the top three...and picks have to be in by Friday, if I remember correctly...so, no watchin' practice times. People might not like that... ;) :)
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

Annalee

Post Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:43 pm

Ok......I have an idea! :lol: :idea: 8-) .....let's apply some of the same rules as before but keep it very simple:::
1. Post on the "One point club" topic before Midnight of the day before the race.
2. Your picks for First, Second, Third.........
A. 100 points - for first
B. 50 points - for second
C. 25 points - for third
D. 5 points - if one of the 3 is Tony, Ryan, or Danica

In order to play this you: have had to be part of the "one point club" this year.......or a poster easily recognized by the group, who has posted numerous times on the other forums............
We need two people to keep the tally on everyone........I will volunteer to be one of them, we need another........helpful to keep your score yourself too!

On Tuesday following the race we will post: the individual point tally and rate them in numerical order. If you fail to post for two weeks in a row you will be eliminated......There is no prize, this is just for bragging rights!!

Just an idea! Suggestions greatly appreciated!! :)
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

ndunn

Post Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:16 pm

Best Idea Ever...........At least we won't feel like we've wasted our time........... ;)
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

jsw14

Post Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:01 pm

Great Idea Annalee. I'm ALL in! :) We need new SHR members in the One-Point-Club. I'm not a good score keeper. :( But if enough people will join-in,>> I WILL supply a Prize for the 2013 Points Winner next year. This prize is "One-of-a-Kind" that I made last year 2011....I only made one of these desk top pen sets. Take a look!!!!! Yes I sign & date all the things I make. :)

BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image #SmokeWillRise
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:41 pm

Hey, now that's cool, j :!: Thanks for offering that! :D :D :D :D
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:51 pm

jsw14 wrote:Great Idea Annalee. I'm ALL in! :) We need new SHR members in the One-Point-Club. I'm not a good score keeper. :( But if enough people will join-in,>> I WILL supply a Prize for the 2013 Points Winner next year. This prize is "One-of-a-Kind" that I made last year 2011....I only made one of these desk top pen sets. Take a look!!!!! Yes I sign & date all the things I make. :)

I think we have a plan............Thanks for the prize! You made that yourself.....WTG! 8-) My husband tried and he has part of a finger........Gone! Short time hobby! We have some time to work out the details..........2004 Hours.......but who's counting!
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

HTower

Post Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:37 pm

Annalee wrote:Ok......I have an idea! :lol: :idea: 8-) .....let's apply some of the same rules as before but keep it very simple:::
1. Post on the "One point club" topic before Midnight of the day before the race.
2. Your picks for First, Second, Third.........
A. 100 points - for first
B. 50 points - for second
C. 25 points - for third
D. 5 points - if one of the 3 is Tony, Ryan, or Danica

In order to play this you: have had to be part of the "one point club" this year.......or a poster easily recognized by the group, who has posted numerous times on the other forums............
We need two people to keep the tally on everyone........I will volunteer to be one of them, we need another........helpful to keep your score yourself too!

On Tuesday following the race we will post: the individual point tally and rate them in numerical order. If you fail to post for two weeks in a row you will be eliminated......There is no prize, this is just for bragging rights!!

Just an idea! Suggestions greatly appreciated!! :)

*I'm not sure about eliminating a person from contention, I see the point, and it makes things easier on those keeping score, but just not sure about it.
*Additional rule that I would like, a maximum on the number of times you can use a driver during the year. There are something like 35 races in a year, make it so you can only choose Jimmy Johnson 10 times or something like that.
*I think I can volunteer to be a score keeper, with the understanding that there will be weeks that I will need to take off for Real Life.
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:02 am

?????.......I haven't been on this post in a while. I gotta back track to see what's up.
But right now I gotta get & take kids to school
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
PreviousNext

Return to NASCAR & Racing