FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Weekly Picks & The 1 Point Club

<<

ndunn

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:01 am

Re: Weekly Picks & The 1 Point Club

I don't know if this means anything but the winner for the past two years was in #1 place. I don't believe either one ever posted much. Last years may have posted more that the one in 2010. How they choose has never been announced as far as I know.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:41 am

Well, they're supposed to draw out of the top 25, but it looks a little fishy to me. The last 2 out of 3 years has gone to the person in 1st place. Hmmmm, what are the odds of that...

A lot of blood, sweat and tears have gone into the picks this year. Not to mention a glitch or two that's affected the points so I'm hoping it really is a drawing and not just whoever ended up in 1st place. Yeah, I know, it's a game, but that doesn't mean we don't all want a fair shot at it.

Good luck to all :!: :D :D :D

Have a great turkey day everyone and stay safe if you're traveling :!: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

HTower

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:41 am

Rochelle wrote:Well, they're supposed to draw out of the top 25, but it looks a little fishy to me. The last 2 out of 3 years has gone to the person in 1st place. Hmmmm, what are the odds of that...

Purely guessing here, but could they give the first place finisher more than one slip in the raffle?

1st Place 25 tickets
2nd Place 24 tickets
3rd Place 23 tickets
you get the picture.

It only seems fair, they did finish better than everyone else. I too want to see a picture of one of the forum regulars posing for a picture with the trophy. I finished a lousy 42nd. I had been as high as 16th at one point, and then the shenanigans happened and I disappeared. :(
<<

jsw14

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:53 pm

HTower wrote:
Rochelle wrote:Well, they're supposed to draw out of the top 25, but it looks a little fishy to me. The last 2 out of 3 years has gone to the person in 1st place. Hmmmm, what are the odds of that...

Purely guessing here, but could they give the first place finisher more than one slip in the raffle?

1st Place 25 tickets
2nd Place 24 tickets
3rd Place 23 tickets
you get the picture.

It only seems fair, they did finish better than everyone else. I too want to see a picture of one of the forum regulars posing for a picture with the trophy. I finished a lousy 42nd. I had been as high as 16th at one point, and then the shenanigans happened and I disappeared. :(

Sheeeesh HT, I would be Prould of that 42nd finish for ur first year at SHR :mrgreen: It took ME 2 years just to get in the top 100 in points :roll:
BTW> SHR draw's 10 names out of the top 25, then draw's 5 out of the 10 they picked, & the Winner is the first draw out of the last 5.
SHR deside's what they will give-away for a prize. Don't complain, it could be a $25 gift card next year for the prize!!!!!!!! :roll:
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

HTower

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:04 pm

Yeah, I know, I did a lot better than a bunch of other people, but oh I had my heart set on hanging that thing in my garage where the missus could look at it and be annoyed. :mrgreen:
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Thanks jsw14 for the explanation of how they pick a winner. Where did yo get that info? I've wondered about the way they did it but never found where to get the info. It seems amimink doesn't reply to e-mails at least not mine so I just thought they chose the #1 person.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

<<

jsw14

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:04 pm

ndunn wrote:Thanks jsw14 for the explanation of how they pick a winner. Where did yo get that info? I've wondered about the way they did it but never found where to get the info. It seems amimink doesn't reply to e-mails at least not mine so I just thought they chose the #1 person.

The very first points give-a-way in 2009 animink explaned to us how they pick the winner for the weekly picks game. I assume they do that every year after.
<<

Annalee

Post Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:03 pm

So if I understand it: we have MrsHH, HH, Beav, Rochelle, jsw and Awsum 14........in the race for the chase of the " Prize". What ever that is....Not bad odds....hope one of you win!

"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke
<<

ndunn

Post Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:44 pm

jsw14 wrote:
ndunn wrote:Thanks jsw14 for the explanation of how they pick a winner. Where did yo get that info? I've wondered about the way they did it but never found where to get the info. It seems amimink doesn't reply to e-mails at least not mine so I just thought they chose the #1 person.

The very first points give-a-way in 2009 animink explaned to us how they pick the winner for the weekly picks game. I assume they do that every year after.

Thanks for the explanation. I must have missed that as I had no idea of how that prize was awarded. If that is the way it was there doesn't seem to be any reason to change it.

<<

jsw14

Post Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:16 pm

OK Gang,here we go into another loooong off season of racing. :roll: I just receved the New Nascar Withdrawals Pill's from the Infield-Care-Center at Daytona! 8-) I ordered the new Extra-Strength Pills this year. I think we will need um. Also the care center said, that Penske Racing cancelled their order of pills cause they will be on a "HIGH" untell the Daytona 500 next year 2013!!!!! Imagine that!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: "Congrat's again to BAD-BRAD & Penske Racing" :mrgreen:
<<

duffygoofy

Post Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:39 pm

jsw14 wrote:OK Gang,here we go into another loooong off season of racing. :roll: I just receved the New Nascar Withdrawals Pill's from the Infield-Care-Center at Daytona! 8-) I ordered the new Extra-Strength Pills this year. I think we will need um. Also the care center said, that Penske Racing cancelled their order of pills cause they will be on a "HIGH" untell the Daytona 500 next year 2013!!!!! Imagine that!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: "Congrat's again to BAD-BRAD & Penske Racing" :mrgreen:

I'll take some now j. :) ;)
ImageImage
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:42 pm

jsw14 wrote:OK Gang,here we go into another loooong off season of racing. :roll: I just receved the New Nascar Withdrawals Pill's from the Infield-Care-Center at Daytona! 8-) I ordered the new Extra-Strength Pills this year. I think we will need um. Also the care center said, that Penske Racing cancelled their order of pills cause they will be on a "HIGH" untell the Daytona 500 next year 2013!!!!! Imagine that!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: "Congrat's again to BAD-BRAD & Penske Racing" :mrgreen:

I'm good 'til Sunday... about Noon... then I'll be lookin' for some. What's the dosing instructions... take 2 every 6 to 8 hours?
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

*****Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500*****
<<

jsw14

Post Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:54 pm

A normal Nascar race is 3hrs long, but these pills R Extra-Strength :) They will get ya through the G-W-C too!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:40 pm

Annalee wrote:So if I understand it: we have MrsHH, HH, Beav, Rochelle, jsw and Awsum 14........in the race for the chase of the " Prize". What ever that is....Not bad odds....hope one of you win!

I assume the prize is this decklid/spoiler? It's what was on Facebook in a post about the "picks game" here...but, I AM just guessing... :?: ;)

Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

Annalee

Post Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:32 pm

smoke14rulez wrote:
Annalee wrote:So if I understand it: we have MrsHH, HH, Beav, Rochelle, jsw and Awsum 14........in the race for the chase of the " Prize". What ever that is....Not bad odds....hope one of you win!

I assume the prize is this decklid/spoiler? It's what was on Facebook in a post about the "picks game" here...but, I AM just guessing... :?: ;)

I am so sorry, Smoke14rulez, you are in it to win it too! I didn't mean to forget you......my mistake. Good luck to you too! ;) Who ever wins the spoiler, H Tower wants to borrow it as a special surprise for his wife... :lol: :lol:

"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke
PreviousNext

Return to NASCAR & Racing