FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Patricks to Divorce

<<

SmokeFan14

Post Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:59 pm

Patricks to Divorce

http://thatsracinluckydog.blogspot.com/ ... vorce.html

Tuesday, November 20, 2012Danica Patrick announces divorce

In a posting to her Facebook page and a message posted to www.DanicaRacing.com, NASCAR driver Danica Patrick on Tuesday announced she and her husband of seven years, Paul Hospenthal, are getting divorced.

“I am sad to inform my fans that after 7 years, Paul and I have decided to amicably end our marriage,” Patrick wrote in her Facebook post.

“This isn't easy for either of us, but mutually it has come to this. He has been an important person and friend in my life and that's how we will remain moving forward."

Hospenthal, 47, and Patrick, 30, married in November 2005 in Arizona. They have no children.

Patrick, a former IndyCar series driver, finished 10th in the NASCAR Nationwide Series standings this season, with four top-10 finishes in 33 races. In voting on NASCAR.com, she was named the series' most popular driver.

Patrick will drive fulltime in 2013 in the Sprint Cup Series for Stewart-Haas Racing.

A spokesperson for Patrick confirmed the divorce and said Patrick would have no other public comment.

Read more here: http://thatsracinluckydog.blogspot.com/ ... rylink=cpy
"Where there's Smoke, There's Racin'!"
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: Patricks to Divorce

hmmmm interesting.......
<<

tlmerk

Post Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:44 pm

Yeah, I read this too. Bummer. Wish them the best in a bad situation. Hope this doesn't negatively affect her driving.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:31 pm

I'm reframing from making any comments aside i'm sure she "isn't" seeing someone else. :mrgreen:
Junior Johnson/Cale Yarborough/Dale Earnhardt Snr./DougWolfgang
Ron Hornady/Kevin Harvick/Brad Keselowski/Sammy Swindell
Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney!
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:20 pm

...wait for it...wait for it...
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

chip28018

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:30 am

Ricky stienhouse jr. anyone?
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:52 am

A week or so ago I saw an interview with her and they asked her something about her husband. She commented something about since when do we discuss my husband or marriage... Maybe not those exact words but that was the sentiment. Not that her personal life is anyone's business, but it makes more sense now.

Hey DanicaFan... You wouldn't have anything to do with this would you??? :lol: :lol: :lol: jk
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:18 am

michaeljohn wrote:hmmmm interesting.......

Well, it happens every day, I could care less. How many folks out here are divorced?? $hit happens, deal with it and move on..... :roll:
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:14 am

midwesternsmoke wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:hmmmm interesting.......

Well, it happens every day, I could care less. How many folks out here are divorced?? $hit happens, deal with it and move on..... :roll:

frankly i dont really care myself, it was the only thing i could post without getting hammered.
<<

jamo14

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:12 am

I got hammered when I heard the news
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

HTower

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:49 am

Good luck to everyone involved, and my hopes for a civil split without having to go to the media to resolve their issues.
<<

racer1

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:30 pm

"A week or so ago I saw an interview with her and they asked her something about her husband. She commented something about since when do we discuss my husband or marriage... Maybe not those exact words but that was the sentiment. Not that her personal life is anyone's business, but it makes more sense now."

Exactly right as it isnt the medias business but most all celebs usually just ask them to "respect their privacy at this difficult time" etc. I hadnt seen her husband with her at pre race for while and her sister was riding with her in the truck for driver intros at a race, but didnt think much about it.

Oh well this story is dominating the news but whats new regarding her, but Nascar season is over so she has 3 months to get over it while rumors and allegations fly about this? The simply reason may just be her husband wanted more attention or didnt like being 2nd to her career & her hectic schedule as he is 17 yrs older then her? Good luck to both moving on--as said-- Divorce is seldom easy-- but my wife and I did our own divorce, & cost us only $99 as we split everything 30 yrs ago, and are still friends so it can be settled friendly. Course being the Holidays this may make it tougher but they both have their own familys so maybe not? :roll:

Happy Holidays 8-) 8-)
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:08 pm

Well Denny was hanging out in Arizona during last off season getting as he called it his head right.
Maybe they two met on the golf course ;)

He was known to be a ladies man there for awhile.
Maybe Danica wants something younger now. :twisted:
ImageImageImage
<<

osoblu

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:19 pm

So sad that many of you have her already in a relationship. She's now just another divorce statistic.
When she was racing in Indy cars she'd run 19 or so races a year and some races were a few weeks apart. This year she ran 33 races in NW plus some in cup. Doesn't do much for the marriage when your that busy. Just saying.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:17 pm

^^^ i actually thought about that when she decided to do nascar, that it would take a toll on her but not the marriage, its the product of society, there isnt much emphasis put on marriage, and its acceptable to be divorced
Next

Return to Danica