FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Harvick

<<

bugeaters

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:37 am

Harvick

Kevin is bringing both Bud & Jimmy Johns with him to SHR. I read it earlier & can't remember where, possibly jayski. (sorry, brain fart). No wonder Childress was pi$$y last weekend!
spit on it, suck it up & go
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:24 am

Re: Harvick

Yes -

Budweiser and Jimmy Johns to follow Harvick to SHR: When #29-Kevin Harvick leaves Richard Childress Racing at the end of the 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season, he will take major sponsors Budweiser and Jimmy Johns along with him. Reports surfaced last week that Harvick will bolt RCR at the conclusion of his current contract to race full-time for Stewart Haas Racing in 2014. Multiple sources speaking on the condition of anonymity say that when the move comes, it will also include the sponsors that backed the #29 team in a combined 26 races this season; 20 for Budweiser and six for Jimmy John's.(Godfather Motorsports)(11-16-2012)

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:53 pm

well the good news (for us Ryan fans) of that is, now it makes sense why they signed him for so long. Ryan will still be on his normal deal of just having to find sponsors. But atleast we dont have to worry about him being replaced by Harvick. Harvick comes as his own sponsor package (kinda like Danica did)

It would be cool if SHR started researching their own power supplies though. I hate when one organzation dictates all the power plants like Roush does. HMS is getting closer to being like that.
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:50 pm

Knew Budwiser wasn't happy,forgot about Jimmy Johns',it all makes sense,sponsors are tired of promises too and i think last weekend was a little too late. 8-)
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:37 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:well the good news (for us Ryan fans) of that is, now it makes sense why they signed him for so long. Ryan will still be on his normal deal of just having to find sponsors. But atleast we dont have to worry about him being replaced by Harvick. Harvick comes as his own sponsor package (kinda like Danica did)

It would be cool if SHR started researching their own power supplies though. I hate when one organzation dictates all the power plants like Roush does. HMS is getting closer to being like that.

i dont think ya came blame HMS for that, they do have a good power plant, and im guessing its easier to lease then build an engine and cheaper too.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:42 am

michaeljohn wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:well the good news (for us Ryan fans) of that is, now it makes sense why they signed him for so long. Ryan will still be on his normal deal of just having to find sponsors. But atleast we dont have to worry about him being replaced by Harvick. Harvick comes as his own sponsor package (kinda like Danica did)

i dont think ya came blame HMS for that, they do have a good power plant, and im guessing its easier to lease then build an engine and cheaper too.

totally agree. Reason HMS supplies so many is because they have the best Chevy engines, but it would be nice to have multiple (competitive) engine builders per make.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:53 am

it would be nice, but that old nascar of the 70's,80,s and 90's is gone, i dont like this neutered version of nascar,
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:54 am

michaeljohn wrote:it would be nice, but that old nascar of the 70's,80,s and 90's is gone, i dont like this neutered version of nascar,

LOL
& that about says it all :D
ImageImageImage

Return to NASCAR & Racing