Goooood Morning SHR -WWF Friday at the Malls

<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:03 pm

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Thursday

:oops: Sorry, have it on the back burner hidden, yep, mashed taters too

Another pan of bread going in oven to bake More gravy on way too
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:05 pm

The turkey sales in the store this week, it ranges from 49 cents a pound to 69 cents a pound for frozen turkeys, depending on the size you get. Gotta spend $20 to get it at the discount price.
Shoot, you can't get chicken that cheap! The cost of beef, I'll eat on turkey a while right now.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:11 pm

No minimum purchase for 49 cents per pound and if you can wait until Wednesday...the day before Thanksgiving, that is when one grocery store chain gives them away...again with no minimum purchase.
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:14 pm

I hope it's here too beaver. I'll have to put one in the freezer for Jan. I fix a turkey dinner for my folks for their anniversary the end of Jan.

Just the turkey breast is $1.99. I do have one of them in my mom's freezer for Thanksgiving. Will fix it & I'll get a full turkey next week then.
Smoke
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:50 pm

Bored.......Putting off taking care of the left overs.
Actually letting turkey that's left cool down so I can take it off the bones.

So......while I wait, I checked out the local flu for the US from the weather channel on-line
I see Maine is in the red.
http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/coldandflu/nationalreports/

For me, so far the Thanksgiving Day forecast is
Partly Cloudy with 8 MPH winds out of the SW
High 54
Low 42 with 30% showers
Smoke
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:04 pm

This is no huge surprise...it started in on us at the beginning of October and is actually calming down according to state stats. The numbers across the state and by county are down this month by 37% compared to the same time period last month. It will be interesting to see what December brings.
<<

Mrs B

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:41 am

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Friday

It is amazing...one week to go of driving almost 60 miles a day. Then I will be driving 60 miles a month from there on out. YEE HAA !!!

It is cold up on the Mountain...Mount Washington with wind chill 5*

Bridgton is 32*

Miami is 67*

My mother-in-law told me she slept out on the porch the other night and by the time she crawled out of sleeping bag, it was 29*...she is like my husband, she likes it cold. I think there is something wrong with both of them.
There are two ways of doing things...the wrong way and my way.

What, don't want to do it my way, there is a fine for that.
<<

beaverpond

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:45 am

Hey...watch it, I resemble that. :shock:
<<

awsum14

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:49 am

Goooood Morning SHR

30* here in Pittsburg, Pa. Only have a few things to do today in Ambridge. But Mckeesport is a differant story. Going to be back up here the week after Thanksgiving.
Well, the last race of the season is almost here.

FRI 11/16
Formula One Practice Grand Prix of the United States 10:00 am/2:00 pm SPEED
Camping World Truck Series Final Practice 11:00 am
Sprint Cup Series Practice 1:30 pm ESPN2
Nationwide Series Final Practice 3:10 pm ESPN2
Camping World Truck Series Qualifying 4:30 p.m. SPEED
Sprint Cup Series Qualifying 6:10 p.m. SPEED
NCWTS Set-Up7:30 p.m. SPEED
Camping World Truck Series Ford EcoBoost 200 8:00 pm/1:30 am MRN/SPEED
Trackside Homestead 11:00 pm SPEED

Thoughts and Prayers to All
Have a Great and Safe Day

Seeeee Ya's
If at first you don't succeed, don't give up
Try Harder
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:25 am

I like it cool when I sleep, but not cold. I go to bed & I'm cold laying there. I have to pile on the covers, takes me forever to get warm. Then I get warm & can get to sleep. Then I'll wake up sweatting like I'm in a hot house & have to shed the covers down to just the sheet & stick one foot out from under the covers to cool back off & wait until I'm cool enough so I can get back to sleep again. The hubby can't stand a cool house day or night. By the time I'm having to get out of bed, I'm just about all uncovered & he's balled up like it's 30 in the house.
Smoke
<<

beaverpond

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:26 pm

Went down to this little thrift shop in town today that donates all their proceeds to charity after the bills are paid for the year...and where people can donate unwanted goods that are in excellent shape. Heaven knows I have donated my share.

Anyway, I went in and the manager of the shop knows that I am a fan of NASCAR and has had three strings of green Christmas lights for two years and has not been able to sell them. So she gave them to me. She also gave me three sheets of clips that attach to bookshelves.

I have a small collection of seventy two 1:24 scale NASCARs of various years...mostly the last 5 years. Well, I took those three strings of lights and clips and put them up on the bookcases. Nothing is better than green flag racing and what better way to finish the season than to decorate with a bunch of green lights is what she told me. She said she will be over to visit to see how it looks in the next couple of days.

This is one of those bookcases that I inherited from my grandparents, while they loved books and I put my own books in the cabinets underneath. I use the shelves up top as my NASCAR display case. This thing is huge. It wraps around on two different walls and is 18 feet long. My daughter will love the lights...she was hoping I would do something like I have done in the past, but this is far better.
<<

awsum14

Post Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Saturday

Goooood Morning SHR

Got home about 9:30 last night. made good time and the traffic moved along quite well for a Friday night. Left McKeesport, Pa at 3:00 Pm.

SAT 11/17
Formula One Practice Grand Prix of the United States 10:00 am SPEED
Nationwide Series Qualifying 11:35 a.m. SPEED
Sprint Cup Series Practice 1:00 p.m
Formula One Qualifying Grand Prix of the United States 1:00 pm/12:00 am SPEED
Sprint Cup Series Final Practice 3:00/8:00 pm/2:00 am SPEED
Count Down to Green 4:00 p.m. MRN/ESPN2
Nationwide Series Ford EcoBoost 300 4:30 p.m. MRN/ESPN2

Seeeee Ya's
Try Harder
<<

awsum14

Post Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:04 am

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Finale'

Goooood Morning SHR

Ok, last race of the seasons. I just have a feeling that the outcome may be different than what is expected. But then again I'm no siykick

SUN 11/18
SPEED Center NASCAR Edition 10:30 am SPEED
NASCAR RaceDay Homestead-Miami 11:00 am SPEED
Formula One Racing Grand Prix of the United States 1:30 pm SPEED
Count-Down to Green 2:00 p.m. MRN/ESPN
Sprint Cup Series Ford EcoBoost 400 3:00 p.m. MRN/ESPN
NASCAR Victory Lane Miami 7:00 pm/3:00 am SPEED

Seeeee Ya's
Try Harder
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:24 pm

Any one else notice that most of this year the attention about the champion has been focused on Jimmy rather than Tony who is the champion? I've seen more Jimmy commercials that Tony & everything has been Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy. They're supposed to have a lot on the champion as they've done in the past.
Smoke
<<

ndunn

Post Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:48 pm

I've noticed also that Tony has been left out of the championship cheering section. That is probably because of his wanting to stay away from the reporters. If I'm not mistaken they did the same thing with championship 1 and 2. I wondered why Dale Jr. got so much attention when he won the race at Michigan when he hadn't won in 4 years. The media was ready to hand him a championship then. Oh yes it's his popularity. I do have to say tho that NASCAR did use the media to spread the word about the finish of the season last year. Even if this race ends some sort of drama it will never match Tony and Carls run for the checkers and by rights they both finished first and they had to use a tie breaker to have a championship winner. Both the guys had a run for it. Car was steady all chase but Tony had to dig down and blow the thing wide open. Tony was what one calls hungry and made the race come he$$ or high water with things that made his racing almost magical. Homstead 2011 will never quite be repeated and we wouldn't want it to. Let someone else do it their way.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby