FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Did Danica get into Burton earlier in the race?

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:59 pm

Did Danica get into Burton earlier in the race?

I ask because the that last wreck where Burton put her in the wall. It looked intentional to me. Was Burton mad at Danica? Or was it just a major oops! on his part. he went a long way to make that hard of contact with her.
ImageImageImage
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:29 pm

Re: Did Danica get into Burton earlier in the race?

Welcome to your home track and .....here, meet the wall. :D
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

HTower

Post Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:20 pm

She didn't get into him at all. He just doesn't like a woman to do better than him, it wasn't her fault.

See http://www.stewarthaasracing.com/fan/circuit/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4533#p51902

8-)
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:21 am

No, Jeff cut across the apron and his car went up the track. If they're smart, they'll block that off so they can't cut through it. Been more than one wreck because of that. Should have thrown a caution, but that NASCAR for ya, inconsistency at it's best...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

SmokeFan14

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:01 pm

Seems Burton ran out of talent, race track and testosterone all at the same time.
"Where there's Smoke, There's Racin'!"
<<

racer1

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:52 pm

http://espn.go.com/espnw/more-sports/86 ... ild-finish

Burton apologised for wrecking Danica as said, he went on the apron like others, and couldnt stop when he slid into her (bonzaid her they called it) as Danicas CC or someone confronted him about it. Too bad as she had a very good race going for top 15 but 17th is good as well considering. She has always been lousy at Phx her home track, as these moreso flat short tracks have been her toughest to learn. She Is learning them apparently and both CC NNS and Cup gave her a car she can drive so happy to see that, but its way early to judge Cup till next yr--but a good showing regardless in her last Cup race--should give her confidence moving forward . Nascar has said they had no idea she was losing oil as it wasnt that apparent at first untill she was driving to the finish line. Oh well--lots of excitment in this race in the 2nd half as it started out boring for sure. 8-)

I was happy to see her hold her ground passing Hornish for 19th also, too bad for him but a good sign for her learning curve. Hornish really had a couple tough races this weekend--wow--but it happens, course Busch doesnt like him anyway--guess he showed that. :roll:

Had a good time-- :)
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:19 pm

The media claimed the oil spill on the track was from Danicas car,but if you look at the lap before,you can see the oil already there.Granted i think Burton ran out of talent some time ago,but i honestly think the oil was part of the story they didn't clean up after the Jeff and Clint incident.Danica took a hard hit and no caution came out as no caution before the previous incident till Jeff took the three or four of em out. :shock:
<<

funblvble

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:26 pm

Mark Martin's crew chief said on twitter the oil was actually from the 20 car... But I haven't seen confirmation of that from anyone else.

wolfgang wrote:The media claimed the oil spill on the track was from Danicas car,but if you look at the lap before,you can see the oil already there.Granted i think Burton ran out of talent some time ago,but i honestly think the oil was part of the story they didn't clean up after the Jeff and Clint incident.Danica took a hard hit and no caution came out as no caution before the previous incident till Jeff took the three or four of em out. :shock:
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:45 pm

I loved Denny's post race comment.......There was enough oil on the track that Ray Charles could have seen it.
"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

HTower

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:28 am

Annalee wrote:I loved Denny's post race comment.......There was enough oil on the track that Ray Charles could have seen it.

Ray Charles must be NASCAR's spotter for oil this year, remember Watkins Glen's last laps this year? It looked like a slip and slide.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:04 pm

wolfgang wrote:The media claimed the oil spill on the track was from Danicas car,but if you look at the lap before,you can see the oil already there.Granted i think Burton ran out of talent some time ago,but i honestly think the oil was part of the story they didn't clean up after the Jeff and Clint incident.Danica took a hard hit and no caution came out as no caution before the previous incident till Jeff took the three or four of em out. :shock:

I know a bunch of drivers were trying to tell Nascar before it went green the track wasnt ready.
Carl said it was super slick on the back stretch.
Ryan told his crew he knew they were gonna go green no matter what but the track was & I quote "ugglllyyyy!"
Think someone said that Kyle said there was still debris on the track. Basically everything I was hearing the track wasnt close to ready even before Danica wrecked. So maybe Burton did slide up in oil & took out Danica.

I missed Denny's interview, dammit LOL
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:45 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:

I know a bunch of drivers were trying to tell Nascar before it went green the track wasnt ready.
Carl said it was super slick on the back stretch.
Ryan told his crew he knew they were gonna go green no matter what but the track was & I quote "ugglllyyyy!"
Think someone said that Kyle said there was still debris on the track. Basically everything I was hearing the track wasnt close to ready even before Danica wrecked. So maybe Burton did slide up in oil & took out Danica.

I missed Denny's interview, dammit LOL

That's what i thought. ;) I too missed Dennys remarks,how the heck did we miss that? :lol:

Return to Danica