FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Fines and penalties.........Christmas for NASCAR?!?

<<

Annalee

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:55 pm

Fines and penalties.........Christmas for NASCAR?!?

[NASCAR Issues Penalties From Sunday's Event at Phoenix: NASCAR announced penalties to three teams that compete in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, as a result of rule infractions at Phoenix International Raceway.
Jeff Gordon, driver of the #24 car, was found to be in violation of Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)  altercation with another competitor on the race track during the race  and has been fined $100,000, docked 25 championship driver points and put on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31. Rick Hendrick, owner of the #24 car, has also been penalized with the loss of 25 championship owner points. Alan Gustafson, crew chief of the #24 car, also was found to be in violation of Section 9-4A (at all events, crew chief assumes responsibility of his driver, car owner and team members) and has been placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31.
Brian Pattie, crew chief of the #15 car, violated Sections 12-1 and 9-4A and has been fined $25,000 and placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31.
Brad Keselowski, driver of the #2 car, has been fined $25,000 and placed on probation until Dec. 31 for violating Sections 12-1 and 20-6.7A (cars and drivers will not be permitted to carry onboard computers, automated electronic recording devices, electronically actuated devices, power distribution modules, power conditioners, micro-processors, recording devices, electronic digital memory chips, traction control devices, digital readout gauges and the like, even if inoperable or incomplete)  driver had a cell phone in his possession onboard the race car. All of these violations occurred during the Nov. 11 event at PIR.
Statement From Robin Pemberton, NASCAR Vice President of Competition: "Following a thorough analysis of the actions that took place during Sunday's race at Phoenix International Raceway, we have issued penalties based upon our review. The decisions announced today cover NASCAR's full assessment of penalties for the incidents that occurred. There's no doubt that a unique set of circumstances combined with a championship battle on the line resulted in raw emotions coming into play. We consider the penalties appropriate and those involved understand our decision and we expect them to abide by them."(NASCAR)(11-12-2012)*]

Well this is certainly is interesting............
I agree with the points reduction, but 100,000.00 is pocket change for Jeff!

As for the $ 25,000.00 to Brad for tweeting during the race....... Were the drivers told not to tweet during a race? Come on NASCAR get a life......tweeting while driving NO! But during a red flag situation........that's what everyone does! It's called free publicity! Look at all the new fans that came to NASCAR when JP hit the jet drier!!
"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:48 am

Re: Fines and penalties.........Christmas for NASCAR?!?

Jeff should have been parked for Homestead. No ifs, ands or butts... If it was good enough for Kyle, it's good enough for Gordon. He made no bones about him wrecking Clint on purpose. He said NASCAR did what they have to do and I did what I had to do. Really? He had to? No, his anger and pride got the best of him cause his career's over and done. Sorry Jeff, but your glory days are over, get used to it. And NASCAR, seriously, you fine Brad for a cell in his car but let the profanity go? Get a life. If the profanity, which I really don't mind at all, wasn't fine worthy, the fine for the phone was nothing other than bogus. Something was better than nothing as far as Jeff was concerned, but he doesn't feel he was wrong. Sorry Jeff, you're just not that important anymore to feel someone is picking on you on purpose. Oh, on probation till 12/31? What he he!! is that? One race... Pitiful NASCAR, no wonder your ratings are dropping. Even Race Hub said there needs to be consistency...

Ok, I feel better now but will feel a whole lot better if Jeff wrecks himself early at Homestead and does not get to the banquet. Ticked off? Heck yes...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

HTower

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:21 am

Why wasn't Bowyer and his Pit crew fined/put on probation for that ugly scrum back in the garage area? Bowyer ran what looked like a quarter mile to try and find Jeff and throw a punch.
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:12 am

Brian Pattie was fined 25,000 and on probation till Dec 31. That's because he's responsible for his driver and crew. That was the penalty to Bowyer. I'd like to be able to run as far and fast as Clint. But then I'm way older than he is.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

jsw14

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:02 am

I think it's safe to say, Bowyer won't be sending Jeff a Xmas card this year :lol: :lol:
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:50 am

if you READ the penalty for brad, its not because of tweeting, its because of having an electrical device in the car,
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:13 am

Rochelle wrote:Brian Pattie was fined 25,000 and on probation till Dec 31. That's because he's responsible for his driver and crew. That was the penalty to Bowyer. I'd like to be able to run as far and fast as Clint. But then I'm way older than he is.

That's the Five Hour Energy! It would be a great commercial! ;) :lol: Jeff should have been parked.......but NASCAR is so inconsistent. With the 25 point reduction it is like a 2/3 park, he probably won't be going to the banquet .....Truex will be getting his spot. There is a little justice there.
"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:46 pm

I've got no comment on Nascar's penalties, except for Brad K's. Don't care any thing for BK, but everybody, EVERYBODY has known since Daytona that BK carries a cell phone in his car, and why. BK wasn't called on the carpet at Daytona. Before the Phoenix race, Speed was doing bits on the race cars, and BK's cell phone was mentioned as something he carries in a driver's pouch.

So, when did Nascar tell the drivers that cell phones are a no-no, and why didn't I hear about it? Was anyone here aware of this rule? Did I just miss the announcement?
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:16 pm

The $100,000 should go to MWR towards the repair of the #15. ;) :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:57 pm

HTower wrote:Why wasn't Bowyer and his Pit crew fined/put on probation for that ugly scrum back in the garage area? Bowyer ran what looked like a quarter mile to try and find Jeff and throw a punch.

he should get bonus points for that! :mrgreen:

Hey I know give Bowyer Jeff's 25 points LOL
That would really make him mad!
ImageImageImage
<<

HTower

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:21 am

Annalee wrote:
Rochelle wrote:Brian Pattie was fined 25,000 and on probation till Dec 31. That's because he's responsible for his driver and crew. That was the penalty to Bowyer. I'd like to be able to run as far and fast as Clint. But then I'm way older than he is.

That's the Five Hour Energy! It would be a great commercial! ;) :lol:

Supposedly Bowyer tweeted that he pulled a hammy while running around :)

Jeff should have been parked.......but NASCAR is so inconsistent.

From what I heard on Race Hub today was that Busch was parked because he was already on probation when he intentionally wrecked. Gordon was not, hence NASCAR has a fig leaf to hide behind not parking Gordon.

Return to NASCAR & Racing