FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

The Jimmie Johnson Effect

<<

Smoke14TS

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:55 pm

The Jimmie Johnson Effect

"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:15 pm

Re: The Jimmie Johnson Effect

jimmie has always admitted he wouldnt have the success if it was not for chad, but i feel any driver that wins multiple championships with the same CC, that the CC plays a bigger role, people love to say chad cheats, but if you dont push that grey area, your not doing your job as a CC.

it was a good article pretty much dead on.....
<<

ndunn

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:14 pm

I liked the story as it made alot of sense. We all have favorites we all have those we can't stand but it all boils down to the fan as entertainment. To those whose passion is racing it's their life. That goes for everyone including the guy who sweeps the garage floor.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:13 pm

ndunn wrote:I liked the story as it made alot of sense. We all have favorites we all have those we can't stand but it all boils down to the fan as entertainment. To those whose passion is racing it's their life. That goes for everyone including the guy who sweeps the garage floor.

Yep.

Thanks y'all for reading.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:30 pm

That video is so sad. That a child would rant like that is unbelievable. Or maybe it is more unbelievable that this child's parents would allow that video to go out on the web.

More than once I have heard or read rants like this by adults. Those rants make me almost as sad as this child did.
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:23 pm

Let's just hope that kid doesn't take a liking to the 10 car next year... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Come on, you don't think he gets that from his parents do you :roll: :roll: :roll:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

ndunn

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:08 pm

I did not listen to the link the first time I read the story. I'm shocked at this child and his parents and I'm really not shocked at most things. This boy has listened to adults rant and rave and sounds like the family or whoever needs to grow up and be careful what one says around young people. I have to say I'm greatful my two children and two grandsons are quiet mannered adults and that I never had to deal with what the kid did on video. Actually it's quite sad.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Annalee

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:26 pm

Wait until this child grows up and gets his driver's license......now that is a scary thought! Some parents don't care and that is very obvious and very sad.
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:49 pm

Ok, enough of the ill mannered spawn... What I want to know is......

What in the heck happened to that horseshoe during qualifying today Jimmie???????????????????? Ugh, pit strategies will turn what's left of my dark hair white on Sunday :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I'm guessing Brad's feeling pretty good by qualifying better than JJ...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:20 am

watch rochelle, the 48 will recover, i wouldnt be surprised by lap 50 they are knockin on the top 10, doesnt matter where ya start, but where ya finish, and JJ has 7 points to mess with.
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:48 am

michaeljohn wrote:watch rochelle, the 48 will recover, i wouldnt be surprised by lap 50 they are knockin on the top 10, doesnt matter where ya start, but where ya finish, and JJ has 7 points to mess with.

You don't want to be messing with those 7 points. You never know what's going to happen in the next 2 weeks. It's not just pit strategy, he's back there behind the only driver that's ever taken out a jet dryer! Ugh... Besides, who's going to be in front of and behind him on pit road? PIR's pit road is better than it was but it still can bite you. I'm just saying it's not good when you spend the entire 1st practice on qualifying runs and you qualify 24th. We'll see how the practices go tomorrow. He better be checking that 2 car for that horseshoe...
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:22 am

im not worried, look at all the times brad qualified crumby, he made it up to the front, no reason JJ cant, he was junk at dover, but he came through with a solid finish, and all the junk he is around, wont take long to pass

Return to NASCAR & Racing