FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Danica wrecks herself--again

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:14 am

Re: Danica wrecks herself--again

LOL, well atleast you know the commercial I was talking about.

BTW can you please stop mentioning JJ's multiple Championship everytime you say his name.
It hurts my feelings, & makes me want to be defensive & start giving you a history lesson on everyone elses bio's. So I can find an excuse since none of my drivers have a championship.
So please stop throwing his championships in my face trying to stir me up & making me mad & insecure.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:34 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:LOL, well atleast you know the commercial I was talking about.

BTW can you please stop mentioning JJ's multiple Championship everytime you say his name.
It hurts my feelings, & makes me want to be defensive & start giving you a history lesson on everyone elses bio's. So I can find an excuse since none of my drivers have a championship.
So please stop throwing his championships in my face trying to stir me up & making me mad & insecure.

Don't forget DW has three,see it's not all bad. ;) The #39 i'm still waiting as well,i don't see it at SHR anytime soon.Now i'm depressing myself! LOOK WHAT YOU STARTED MJ!!!! :lol:
Last edited by wolfgang on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:44 pm

futura64 wrote:Perhaps talent is being wasted by other teams in other cars, I don't know. But I do know THIS. No talent is being wasted by SHR in the #10 car. In 2011, the #10 car did not exist. That ride was created at SHR SPECIFICALLY for Danica. She didn't take someone else's ride.

Just remember this ........ No Danica = No sponsor = No car = No team.

Point well made,but on the same token,it's the only reason she's there and reverts back to what i was saying before.Whatever reasons GoDaddy chose Danica over anyone else i have no idea,guess if the T-shirt sells than so does the driver. The worst thing is some drivers are there that can't even sell T-shirts and yah have to wonder why they're there even more so? Some are in low buck teams and drive for next to nothing,that i get,the rest. :?
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:11 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:LOL, well atleast you know the commercial I was talking about.

scho i brought JJ up in the context of saying it doesnt matter how good you are, wins or championships, a driver still makes mistakes, btw i dont need a history lesson, and i dont throw JJ championships in nobody's face, please for the love of god dont pull a SS14, where its ok for someone else to mention JJ, but me.
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

onerockindoc

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:30 pm

Where oh where has SS gone? He brought so much to this site.....the insight, the insults.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:33 pm

michaeljohn wrote:

scho i brought JJ up in the context of saying it doesnt matter how good you are, wins or championships, a driver still makes mistakes, btw i dont need a history lesson, and i dont throw JJ championships in nobody's face, please for the love of god dont pull a SS14, where its ok for someone else to mention JJ, but me.

There you go bringing up JJ & Championships in the same post again!!!
Great now I am even more insecure!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:36 pm

onerockindoc wrote:Where oh where has SS gone? He brought so much to this site.....the insight, the insults.

SS14 is probably a bit busier with a kid coming & what not. With a kid on the way I think you need 6 jobs nowadays & he is in school I believe.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:37 pm

onerockindoc wrote:Where oh where has SS gone? He brought so much to this site.....the insight, the insults.

haha the nascar police took him away for some re-training
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:28 pm

Geez Schmoop... You need to pick better drivers... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:09 pm

Rochelle wrote:Geez Schmoop... You need to pick better drivers... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

when I pick my next favorite driver, I will research the t-shirt sales 1st. Or whoever was the lastest Champion.
But until then I will just slum it with my guys I have now Image
ImageImageImage
<<

futura64

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:19 am

wolfgang wrote:Whatever reasons GoDaddy chose Danica over anyone else i have no idea

Ask yourself ................ "Ever hear of GoDaddy before Danica came along?"

Here's Bob and Danica on the starting grid at Indy ....... I think it was 2009.

danicaandbob01. [640x480].jpg
danicaandbob01. [640x480].jpg (81.95 KiB) Viewed 1164 times

Here's an article about Bob. Several years old, but still provides a good bit of insight into the man and his company. He touches on the Danica deal in the article.

http://www.inc.com/magazine/20090101/th ... daddy.html

Well, its a few years later now. Bob decided to sell off part of his company. The boy done good. This article was published last month in FORBES. When you get there click on the blue box above the line "400 Richest Americans", go to #311 (Bob Parsons), click on Bob's pic and his bio will come up. Scroll down to read his profile. Interesting stuff, in my opinion.

http://www.forbes.com/forbes-400/#page: ... ilter.html

(Sorry for the delay in getting this info edited in, but my ISP was behaving badly this evening.)
Last edited by futura64 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
BudmaninTx
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:54 am

i knew of godaddy long before danica came around, they both have benefited from the relationship, its not just one sided
<<

racer1

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:59 am

Godaddy chose Danica awhile after she made her Indy500 debut in '05 and almost wont the race making history for a female driver and was very popular when Godaddy approached her to represent them as she was drawing so much attention like few other female atheletes in sports at the time and still more then all but one Williams sister now, as the link about Q scores I posted states. Some people think Godaddy made Danica famous--not hardly-- as she was already famous as Godaddy doesnt make people famous as they hire popular people/celebritys to represent them--period. Of course the Godaddy commercials helped raise attention to her over the yrs as she is known as the GoDaddy girl everywhere but-- that also has gotten her scrutinised by many, so its a double edge sword, but it is what it is and both benefit from each other. Danica gets sponsored and GoDaddy gets increased sales and attention everytime she walks out of her house into the public eye and the cameras. Godaddy didnt become a primary sponsor with the Green cars though untill 2010, as when she won in Japan in 2009 it was a Motorola Black with Blue paint scheme sponsored car with just Godaddy decals along with others .

Want proof about Godaddy NOT making people famous IF they arent already--simple. The driver who took over Danicas Godaddy indycar ride, Hinchcliff, was promoted by Godaddy alot, commericals etc & even giving him their home page picture taking Danica off for a few months as they were trying to get him noticed as they needed to try and get something back from their Indycar sponsorship investment, but low & behold they lost hits and sales and went back to Danica--duh--proof that you cant make just anyone a star. Indycar itself has been trying to market/promote almost force feeding their drivers into the spotlight and its not working either. Becoming famous just happens to some that have certain qualitys that attract the interest of the GP and mainstream media--the "it" factor--believe it or not--shes living proof and this IS what sponsors look for and why many drivers cant get sponsored as they are lacking something sponsors are looking for--despite results--period. 8-)
Last edited by racer1 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

futura64

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:01 am

Well, whatever your opinion is on this, Wolf raised the question so I thought I'd provide him and others on here a little insight into what's been going on with GoDaddy and Danica and how that relationship developed. GoDaddy's director of marketing has recently said they plan to sponsor Danica "for years to come."

I also think Bob's story is an interesting one. Maybe others on here will think so too.
BudmaninTx
<<

racer1

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:47 pm

As stated some should read the links above and you'll learn how a military veteran founded and built this little web browsing co into a multi-billion dollar co. Bullding co's. is nothing new but building them into a Billion dollar largest co. of its kind is infact a rare thing. Parsons built the co. by using advertising technics via sexy woman with the full intent of creating controversy as anyone knows "sex sells" and its what helped grow his co, into what it is today, and after he signed Danica the co. really took off growing as he credits her for that. Being popular as she was she became the 'face" for Godaddy and despite issues she still is if you check out their main website after they tried numerous other people and commercials that havent worked--period. Its true that many havent liked his technics of using woman but the ole saying "if it works, dont fix it" has worked very well until they decided to try new things now this yr and not using the sexy woman approach or Danica, and they have been losing sales all yr because of it.

However I understand their idea to try and get more adverstising aimed at family business and doing away with the Sex Sells approach, but their new adds/commercials so far have all failed so well see what else they come up with, but their is an old addage, if it aint broke, dont fix it". Its too bad Godaddy doesnt have anyone who knows how to make a nice decent and even funny commercial like Nationwide Insurance does, as they have said it is working very well. Oh well reports say they have committed to Danica sponsorship for a long time so how they use her or not is their business, as she will be fine regardless. 8-)

To ADD--I would love to see Danica OUT of Godaddy though, but doesnt look like thats going to happen anytime soon, but as we said, they have been good for each other--despite everything.

BTW--For those who dont think commercials work or sponsorship, then why would all the big co.s be spending millions of dollars on it, so it obviously works for most of them? :roll:
Last edited by racer1 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:21 pm, edited 6 times in total.
PreviousNext

Return to Danica