FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Just watched the Landon Cassil interview

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:22 am

Just watched the Landon Cassil interview

on race hub.
It was absolutely pathetic. Either he is the biggest Wuss that ever strapped into a cup car or Burger King put a halt to him ever having a thought in his head, in fear of all the Danica fans boycotting Burger King for McDonalds or something. He reminded me of a politican at a debate. Here's the question. Thanks for asking the question let me start by not answering the question & talking about everything but what you asked.
It was such a horrible interview I couldnt even it find it funny to laugh at him.
It was just...... bad.
But I did find time to laugh when Race hub said well thank you for coming on & talking to us about the danica incident. LOL. All he mentioned about it was how he didnt want to talk about it. LOL
Now the interviewer looked like a dork!
ImageImageImage
<<

palino_s

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:37 am

Re: Just watched the Landon Cassil interview

Zippy about Cassill:

Zipadelli backed up her claim about Cassill, who has "broken her chops at least the last four races and I don't know why. He hasn't raced her clean or professionally since we started this.

"I don't know if there's jealousy there that she's got this ride, because there is some of that with her, we see some of that from a lot of people in this sport," he said.

http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cup-greg-zipadelli-stands-by-danica-patrick/
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

HTower

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:21 am

The reason so many other drivers don't race Danica "clean" is because when you get her a little bit flustered she puts her car in the garage via first a wall, and then the tow truck. She gets mad and then she gets wrecked.
<<

racer1

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:17 pm

More lame comments from the peanut gallery--as they say.

Facts are--far more drivers have caused wrecks involving her where she did nothing wrong but got caught up in, then she has actually caused herself, This last one of course her fault--no ones denying that. Jealousy is a terrible thing and many of these young drivers are jealous as she gets the spotight for a 12 th place finish and they dont for a top 10, but then again mentioning most the other drivers doesnt get nascar or ESPN any attention where anything Danica gets them all they want and more. Facts are there were sources early on whereby drivers have said they dont like her and were going to wreck her, and some of them did harrass her and she crashed, but as they learned and as Cassill knows, and evan Ragan Smith who wrecked her etc--being involved in a crash with the most popular female driver around, and the only female Cup driver usually isnt going to get them much positive press, especially if they get nasty about it.

Cassill like others should thank Danica as anything involving her will get these drivers more attention then they can buy themselves and if they dont know it, their team or sponsor does? Heck some of them may be hoping they can bump her and get some mainstream attention they otherwise would never get--think about that. Heck some NNs drivers like Brad Sweet whos been known to harrass her on the track but in pre race Ive often seen him standing close to her with others as its also said to go get close to Danica and get some cameras on you. I actually thought Cassill came across as a very mature young driver with good comments and thats what it takes in this world to be sponsor material as If he went on that show whinning and complaing about her--how far would that get him--not very? This is probably the most attention hes gotten ever and being nasty towards her wont help him as there are more Cup drivers who support her then the few that dont. Its called--there are some drivers you dont want to mess with--simple as that? 8-)
<<

dirt93

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:08 pm

It was funny that he avoided the questions and said nothing about nothing. lol
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:39 pm

Well, if being polite and well spoken makes you a wuss, then the world needs more of them. It's nice to hear a driver complete a sentence that doesn't contain the word ain't. He wasn't biting on their bait. Others would be applauded for that.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

HTower

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:01 pm

Maybe instead of trying to wreck Cassil during the race, she should have waited until after the checker? Afterall she has proven herself able to wreck others without putting herself into a wall once the race is over.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:05 pm

I did not see the interview yet. But I tend to agree with Rochelle for the most part and....wait for it....racer1 on one point.

I spoke with Landon Cassill at Richmond when he had a little down time. I found him to be extremely polite, well spoken and positive. He lacks for great equipment and does more than an adequate job. I hope he gets a chance one day. He is what young people in this country should aspire to be.

Having said that I think racer is correct. He garnered more attention mixing it up with shewhoisnotexactlyrightinthehead( I think that is her Indian name) than he would have racing around the back of the pack.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:25 pm

Personally,i go by only half what i see and nothing i hear.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:26 pm

for the danica fans being defensive. this wasnt about if Danica did anything wrong or not. It was about lando who definitely has an opinion about the incident (that isnt the same as Danica's) was brought on the show to talk about the incident (as racer1 points out, more exposure) then did everything to not answer the question. Like I said it was like watching the debates.
He may be well spoken, but doesnt change the fact of how he was. 100% fake.
Danica may be delusional about some things but at least she isnt fake.
His interview was ridiculous. You might as well have said we are bringing Landon in to talk about what kind of Microwave popcorn he ate. So Danica fans relax. My post has nothing to do with bashing on Danica.

As far as Brad Sweet goes. At 1st I thought maybe Danica had a point of how he drives her, but after paying attention to it. I disagree. He is simply a wreckless driver. It isnt just her. it is how he drives around everyone.
ImageImageImage

Return to NASCAR & Racing