FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Chase chances over for Stewart

<<

Rochelle

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:46 pm

Re: Chase chances over for Stewart

michaeljohn wrote:my mom always said " you want something to cry about? i will give ya something to cry about."

Isn't that what Tony said just before "the big one" last Sunday??? :lol:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:15 pm

oh yea i heard over his radio haha
<<

racer1

Post Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:06 pm

To add to the bad wreck he caused knocking himself most likely out of the chase, now lots of Jr Nation fans and others are at least parially blaming Tony for Jr being out of at least 2 races so Tony really has hit the bottom it seems with desperation trying to win and causing more issues. Course knowing Tony hes probably not worried about it as he would rather be at a dirt track anyway I'd guess? :roll:
<<

HRR

Post Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:12 am

Yes Tony caused the big one on Sunday, but Jr, Had a concussion that he suffered at Kansas during a tire test.. And then, hid it from HMS. If Jr, was worried about his fellow competitors racing with him, over the last 5 weeks... if they would have known he had one.. I don't think they would have approved of him racing until he was actually cleared medically. So, I will say that, Just because Tony created a big wreck, doesn't mean he created Jr's medical issues. That is just wrong. Smoke, and Jr are close friends, I don't even think Jr told him about what happen'd at Kansas.. Jr should have sat out the two races after that wreck at Kansas. That is my take on this point.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:37 am

Here's another driver's take on the issue from our local newspaper this morning:

Gordon: I couldn't stop if concussed

[Jeff] Gordon said if he were in a similar spot, he wouldn't seek medical attention with the title on the line.

"Honestly, I hate to say this, but no, I wouldn't," he said. "That's why I say we all play a part in this. If I have a (chance) at the championship, there's two races to go, my head is hurting and I just came through a wreck and I am feeling signs of it but I'm still leading the points, or second in the points, I'm not going to say anything."

The whole article is HERE.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

HTower

Post Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:41 am

NFL players say the same thing, that's why the league makes it mandatory evaluation for potential concussion situations. The players CAN'T hide it. NASCAR may have to do the same thing.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:04 pm

I wouldn't be surprised to see NASCAR change it's process to include tests for concussions. Right now it's up to the driver to step forward, like Dale did, and say something is wrong. But obviously, as Jeff stated, not all drivers, like football players, will say something.

NASCAR needs to take the decision out of the driver's hands and institute it's own medical tests.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:58 pm

I'm a little surprised that NASCAR doesn't mandate tests for concussions. With all their safety concerns and precautions, why wouldn't they?

Jeff said if he was 1st or 2nd in the points... Jr is a long way from that. He can only lose 1 spot, so if you don't feel right why tempt fate? He has a lot of years left and doesn't want to spend them as a cabbage. Can't blame him for that.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:07 pm

Rochelle wrote:I'm a little surprised that NASCAR doesn't mandate tests for concussions. With all their safety concerns and precautions, why wouldn't they?

Jeff said if he was 1st or 2nd in the points... Jr is a long way from that. He can only lose 1 spot, so if you don't feel right why tempt fate? He has a lot of years left and doesn't want to spend them as a cabbage. Can't blame him for that.

A lot of competitive sports stars are like that. "put me in coach" mentality.

Seems to me Dale Sr. had something wrong with his squash before as well. He scrubbed a wall before the start of a race & had to pit, if my memory is correct. it was like he didnt even realize where he was. Not sure if it was concussions or other thing (maybe Carbon monoxide or something) I never followed up & what that race was about.

I think if they are gonna bother with drug testing in the name of safety, periodic checks of a drivers melon you would think, would be a no brainer! :mrgreen:
A few days after an impact wreck you would think they also be checked.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:24 am

kyle petty was on mark tonite, he said it is nascars responsibility to check for concussions, if they can do a drug test, they sure as heck can test to see if some is concussed.
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:56 pm

The original question,yes it's over for Tony this season and he did it himself at Dega.Whether or not Nascar should monitor drivers for concussions would open the door for everything else in the medical field,so i have mixed feelings about that.Why don't we just give all the drivers remote controlls and they can race from the stands?
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:09 am

hahahaha, that would certainly be more entertaining than a lot of the races lately. And judging from the times I've seen them race the RC cars, they'd be having a lot more fun.
<<

tonysgirl14

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:21 am

NEVER GIVE UP ON TONY HE IS THE BEST HE IS THE BEST THERE IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE GOOD LUCK TONY
<<

HTower

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:02 pm

tonysgirl14 wrote:NEVER GIVE UP ON TONY HE IS THE BEST HE IS THE BEST THERE IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE GOOD LUCK TONY

Have a little too much caffeine this morning?
Previous

Return to Tony