FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

sorry, but landon cassil is funny......

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:47 am

Re: sorry, but landon cassil is funny......

well 1st off, besides Wolfie who is saying they like Brad around here. Not that , that even matters.
Brad has his fans because of his talent. Certainly not because how he looks. Some people dont care about a drivers character, they just like winners. Something Danica cant claim. She might want to stick with Character!
ImageImageImage
<<

HTower

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:07 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:well 1st off, besides Wolfie who is saying they like Brad around here. Not that , that even matters.
Brad has his fans because of his talent. Certainly not because how he looks. Some people dont care about a drivers character, they just like winners. Something Danica cant claim. She might want to stick with Character!

You mean the whining? "Someone bumped me! I'm disrepected because I'm a woman, not because I'm a crappy driver!"

You mean that character?
<<

racer1

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:42 pm

"Primary sponsors is the concern. We aren't talking about "here's a thousand bucks, put our 6 inch by 4 inch sticker on your wheel well" sponsors. Mobil 1, Office Depot, Bass Pro Shops, Quicken Loans. Aside from GoDaddy, what primary sponsors does she have?"

Some info you apprently dont know--Primary sponsors pretty much call the shots on all the other sponsors on the car per info I read long ago with sponsors. One example is--Godaddy would never allow say another Web hosting site on her car and even with Tissot colors on the car this weekend in NNS the Godaddy name was still on the car as well. Always having a primary lke Godaddy few other primarys were/are ever needed but there have been several other primarys on her car at times you apparently havent noticed. Also not to debate this to death, but for a sponsor to have a decal on the rear quarter panel behind the rear wheel cost $250,000 so no decal is $1000--period. Saw an article some time ago explaining all this but cant find it now--interesting though.

Also saw another article saying some sponsors want to be primary but cant due to the already primary not ready to let them--as the primary sponsor controls the car basically. The worst thing for Godaddy would be to allow another primary on the car and then say she WINS (not likely I know but?) with that sponsors colors rather then GoDaddy--they wouldnt be happy. The reason you are debatng all this is because apparently you arent used to seeing a driver like Danica with one primary sponsor for so long, following her from Indycar to nascar, which was in large part their plan to get more coverage/exposure, then the low rated Indycar.

There is such a thing that a car can be full with sponsors as Ive heard that said about many teams with certain drivers. Dale Jr commented about losing some races with Diet Mountain Dew recently saying they arent worried as they had others lined up waiting--same with Danica Iam sure?

We havent heard or saw any real details about this new Cup contract, only as reported its a 2yr deal with longer term committment as well. However per the higher cost of Cup, I believe rumors are saying that she may have races with other primarys on the car which isnt unusual, as her car in Indycar and nascar wasnt/hasnt always been GREEN--we'll see? 8-)

BTW--debating this is like beating a dead horse as untill it happens--we wont really know, but Iam not concerned. Its been said Danica is one of the most recognisable atheletes on the planet and there are few faces in sports in general that are as well known in the mainstream as Danica as just her first name is all it takes to make the lead story, and that makes her who she is--very marketable.. 8-)
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:35 pm

Just for the record, Brad impressed me most when he didn't take any crap from Kyle or Carl and even more so when he won the NW title over Carl.Brad went through a learning curve just like any of them,but least he has proven himself and continues to improve himself.
Danica has proved she can get around the track by "herself" and "herself" is the key word here in any series she has been in thus far.Danica as a racer,i hate to agree with Kyle Petty,but i haven't seen it yet. :?
Junior Johnson/Cale Yarborough/Dale Earnhardt Snr./DougWolfgang
Ron Hornady/Kevin Harvick/Brad Keselowski/Sammy Swindell
Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney!
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:13 am

robin miller was pretty harsh on her sunday nite on wind tunnel, he said "she only does good on tracks where ya dont have to move the steering wheel." i.e. indy, daytona, dega...
<<

palino_s

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:38 am

michaeljohn wrote:robin miller was pretty harsh on her sunday nite on wind tunnel, he said "she only does good on tracks where ya dont have to move the steering wheel." i.e. indy, daytona, dega...

Robin Miller has true.. Bristol, Darlington, Montreal or Elkhart Lake are easy tracks..
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

Rochelle

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:24 am

michaeljohn wrote:robin miller was pretty harsh on her sunday nite on wind tunnel, he said "she only does good on tracks where ya dont have to move the steering wheel." i.e. indy, daytona, dega...

Dang, why do I always miss the good stuff?

I do have to say, there was a pass she made in the NW race that was kinda impressive, a 2 for 1 as it were... Maybe she'd improve if they'd get rid of that nasty a$$ green paint scheme. Looking out over that all race long would make me want to wreck somebody too...

BTW, I liked Landon's spot on Race Hub today but I think he too could benefit from another year in NW...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:07 am

Rochelle wrote:

Dang, why do I always miss the good stuff?

I do have to say, there was a pass she made in the NW race that was kinda impressive, a 2 for 1 as it were... Maybe she'd improve if they'd get rid of that nasty a$$ green paint scheme. Looking out over that all race long would make me want to wreck somebody too...

BTW, I liked Landon's spot on Race Hub today but I think he too could benefit from another year in NW...

hey if i knew why i missed the good stuff, i might be able to help ya, im just forgetful as the years go by........
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing