FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Danica wrecks herself--again

<<

racer1

Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:40 pm

Danica wrecks herself--again

Ok as I said Iam a fan but not a fanatical one as I say it like it is regarding her and her stupid mistakes. She was mad at Cassill and bumped him and turned a minor bump into knocking herself out of the race--dumbest thing I ever seen but shes wrecked herself several times this yr. She could have just steered straight into the grass but you can see she had the wheel turned right probably to get back on the track, but was turned too much and went straight up into the upper barrior, killing her own car. C,assil commented she broke the #1 rule of if you want to wreck someone you make sure you dont wreck yourself, which she did. Question is ---will she ever learn??? She may have had a decent maybe top 20 if not for that. I think she is simply trying so hard that she is making dumb mistakes but dont know, but her spotter was NOT happy thats for sure, dont know about her CC? Go ahead have at it, Iam done. :roll:
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:23 pm

Re: Danica wrecks herself--again

My understanding was Zippy wasnt to happy with her either. I didnt listen to her today but others in the chat room were.
To answer your question. She will learn. At the cup level they all learn eventually. (usually the hard way)
Think when she keeps her mind on racing she stays out of trouble. It is when she starts thinking about what others are thinking, she has these kinds of dumb moves.
I know it sounds kinda like an excuse, but I partly blame her attitude in general but her NW team a lot. They & Eury Jr. kept enticing her to use her bumper all the time this year. Saying all the time dont put up with that, dont take that, blah blah blah.
Eventually she will quit being so insecure on how all the other drivers perceive her & she will learn not all bumps are on purpose & not everytime your mad is a time to retaliate.

Right now she is like the kid on the playground that gets talked into being in a fight.
Then again it could be she feels entitled, but either way, to answer your question. She will learn.

Dont think Zippy is telling her to take people out & TG isnt gonna tell her that either, so however long it takes to untrain what her NW team taught will help her learning curve.

I do give you kudos for not taking her side of why she did what she did.
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:10 pm

Not going here,i'll go elsewhere. :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

racer1

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:10 pm

Thanks schmoopy1000 as I hope your right and she learns something from this as she IS really taking the heat for this dumb crash for sure.

A couple places are saying the reason the car veered right up into the wall was that during the sliding she blew a tire causing that but didnt look like it to me in the replays, as she had the wheel turned right the entire time instead of locking the car down and hitting the grass where it wouldve been nothing more then 4 tires--but OH well. BTW--you are right about Eury JR as he always was telling her to go after them but she isnt experienced enough to know how to bump someone without wrecking herself apparently so she needs to just stop trying to get revenge and just race. She IS showing some of that Busch aggressive angry attitude though and that wont get her very far. On to Texas . C'mon Danica--wake UP. :roll:
<<

HTower

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:43 pm

Aside from there being sponsor money to pay for her to be in a cup car next year, does she actually deserve a full time seat? Yes, she has potential, but I don't feel like she is more deserving of a cup ride than several others. The reality though is that she has so much sponsor backing that it doesn't matter what she does in a car, SHR is going to make money off of her sponsors.
<<

futura64

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:18 pm

So tell us HT, given the opportunity, if it were your decision to make, truthfully, who would YOU put in the 10 Car in 2013 ?
BudmaninTx
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:39 pm

racer1 wrote:Thanks schmoopy1000 as I hope your right and she learns something from this as she IS really taking the heat for this dumb crash for sure.

A couple places are saying the reason the car veered right up into the wall was that during the sliding she blew a tire causing that but didnt look like it to me in the replays, as she had the wheel turned right the entire time instead of locking the car down and hitting the grass where it wouldve been nothing more then 4 tires--but OH well. BTW--you are right about Eury JR as he always was telling her to go after them but she isnt experienced enough to know how to bump someone without wrecking herself apparently so she needs to just stop trying to get revenge and just race. She IS showing some of that Busch aggressive angry attitude though and that wont get her very far. On to Texas . C'mon Danica--wake UP. :roll:

her mistake was trying to correct the car still under power. 1st thing I said in the chatroom was you never correct to the right at that point. She should have turned it left & spun it out down to the infield. But all rookies will make those mistakes. That just comes with experience.
When you do correct to the right you actually have to turn back left before the car catches, otherwise you go straight into the wall (remember Michael McDowell's wreck) So the safe bet is to spin it down to the inside.
ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:46 pm

futura64 wrote:So tell us HT, given the opportunity, if it were your decision to make, truthfully, who would YOU put in the 10 Car in 2013 ?

Landon Cassil ImageImageImage

I'm just messing with ya Geez!!!! :P
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:09 pm

KEVIN SWINDELL! That one i'll answer.lol
<<

racer1

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:20 pm

Botom line in todays world is unless a driver has around 20 million dollars+ a yr for a Cup ride they arent going to get much, unless they are rich themselves or related to a big team like the Dillons etc who will never have to worry about sponsors. Several drivers are related to teams with some money and do get a ride but its low funded often depending on sponsors race to race. Even Rusty Wallace youd think would have connections and money cant get his son Steven a ride. Its a tough world where those with money drive and those without watch on tv. Danica has been very humble and appreciative always saying how lucky she is. She has represented her sponsors well increasing sales etc, but she started long ago marketing herself, and other new & upcoming drivers needing sponsors need to take notice of that. Course the main factor is some may have what sponsors want but many wont-regardless of how good they may be? Sad but true for many. 8-)
Last edited by racer1 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:30 pm

Now we're getting somewhere,Steven Wallace and Danica,good comparison. ;)
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:54 pm

wolfgang wrote:KEVIN SWINDELL! That one i'll answer.lol

...maybe this one can actually get off the dirt???? ;) :lol:
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

HTower

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:16 pm

futura64 wrote:So tell us HT, given the opportunity, if it were your decision to make, truthfully, who would YOU put in the 10 Car in 2013 ?

Regan Smith
<<

futura64

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Regan Smith[/quote]

Probably not a bad choice for a driver, but tell us, who would you get to sponsor the team ?
BudmaninTx
<<

HTower

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:08 am

futura64 wrote:
Regan Smith

Probably not a bad choice for a driver, but tell us, who would you get to sponsor the team ?

Which is exactly what my point was. With Danica you have a sponsor ready to go for at least half the races. Maybe more, I don't know the details of her sponsor deal. With any other available driver, you have to go out there and beat the bushes for sponsors or try to steal them from other teams (Bass Pro Shops).

Purely on driving skill, I don't believe she's ready to get a full time ride in a cup car. But driving skill isn't everything in this sport.
Next

Return to Danica