FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

So far Danica looks

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:51 pm

So far Danica looks

good in the race. She has cussed out the 88 claiming he tried to take her out. Had a not so nice comment about the 41 car who brought out a yellow. But she has raced well so far today.
ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:18 pm

Re: So far Danica looks

bad luck for Danica. She just went 2 laps down to the leader but the leader was within 5 laps of pitting when the yellow came out.
ImageImageImage
<<

Annalee

Post Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:51 pm

I think she made some really gutsy moves today and that doesn't reflect in her finishing position
.........but on a couple of restarts she was three wide in the middle.... 8-) She was parting the waters, headed to the front taking no prisoners. WTG!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:21 pm

I think this was her best race in a stock car ever.
She was pretty typical until she went down two laps. Then she started driving. usually she sticks to a line she is comfortable with, & finishes wherever. Today after being lapped she was running high lines low lines & in the middle. She was pretty aggressive without being careless. it was the best driving I have seen her do in any race I have ever watched. She wasnt passive & more importnatly never got into anyone. Only once did she get out of shape. (late in the race)

Only thing I didnt like was the more confident she was the crappier her attitude was.
ImageImageImage
<<

racer1

Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:58 am

Decent race for her for sure, but the hendricks engines just dont have the speed vs the fords and dodges as even when she made a good pass down low against some top teams, they soon caught her everytime even when she was flat out, as she has said before as has her teammate as well, they dont have the speed. Steve Latarte was watching from her pit box so wonder what that was about, maybe evaluating JR motorsports or the crews, strategy etc as he could have watched the race from anywhere? After all this time, Danicas crew IS slow, almost 17 second stops for 4 tires and those are the better ones as Ive seen close to 20 seconds. Too many cautions at bad times or she may have had a better finish? JRM is simply NOT a top team as the hendricks equip is lacking in their NNs program, and their poor results for yrs now prove it even with many other drivers in the cars over past yrs including cup drivers. Question is--how to fix it, as changing drivers isnt going to help slow cars as it hasnt for 2 yrs?

Danicas attitude is no different then other drivers--good grief. Listen to more radios and you'll hear they all complain, some alot worse then her. Her crew made mistakes last night with pit calls that put her laps down, but thats not unusual for JRM--still a decent finish but should have been better.

Feel bad for Kyle almost having a win, but Ricky is simply Amazing that kid can drive, course he has a great team with the proven faster ford engines also. :roll:
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:03 pm

The #6 and #18 cheat. :mrgreen:
One, two, three and one more Hendrick driver to go!
<<

futura64

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:48 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Only thing I didnt like was the more confident she was the crappier her attitude was.

Oh but Schmoop, the attitude is all part of the appeal. She just doesn't have the skill down quite yet that comes with the experience in these cars. It will come. I've been fortunate enough to have been around this stuff through the racing careers of two other guys who had "attitude". Some loved them, some didn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4s-Se60pzs

AND

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2R3iXnNaF8
BudmaninTx
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:33 pm

futura64 wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:Only thing I didnt like was the more confident she was the crappier her attitude was.

Oh but Schmoop, the attitude is all part of the appeal. She just doesn't have the skill down quite yet that comes with the experience in these cars. It will come. I've been fortunate enough to have been around this stuff through the racing careers of two other guys who had "attitude". Some loved them, some didn't.

AND

Well I was never a Dale Sr. fan. But if she needs the attitude to be confident so be it. BTW I am not talking of how she was yelling at her CC though. I am talking about how she talked about every driver she was around. It was like she was the only one that knew how to drive a race car. That attitude will get her in trouble eventually. Also I get the feeling she doesnt like her teammate (Cole Whitt) to much? Has she liked any of her teammates on the Indy side? I seem to hear she has friction with a lot of them.
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:49 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
futura64 wrote:

AND

Well I was never a Dale Sr. fan. But if she needs the attitude to be confident so be it. BTW I am not talking of how she was yelling at her CC though. I am talking about how she talked about every driver she was around. It was like she was the only one that knew how to drive a race car. That attitude will get her in trouble eventually. Also I get the feeling she doesnt like her teammate (Cole Whitt) to much? Has she liked any of her teammates on the Indy side? I seem to hear she has friction with a lot of them.
NEVER A #3 FAN,WELL I THOUGHT EVERYONE WAS, I EVEN HAVE
#3 SOCKS! :mrgreen: YES,I REALLY DO! :lol:
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:02 pm

I was a DW fan. Tell me back in the day where you saw someone being a fan of both! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:07 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:I was a DW fan. Tell me back in the day where you saw someone being a fan of both! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Cale Yarborough fan before Dale,Rusty too,so i guess i see where this is going. :P :lol:
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:10 pm

wolfgang wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:I was a DW fan. Tell me back in the day where you saw someone being a fan of both! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Cale Yarborough fan before Dale,Rusty too,so i guess i see where this is going. :P :lol:

I was a Ricky Rudd fan as well, so to me Dale Sr. was the devil LOL
ImageImageImage
<<

palino_s

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:55 am

I am/was Terry fan.. I didnt like Dale.. He was fool (sometimes)..

Steve Letarte was Danica's crew chief in Kansas. Did I hear correctly?
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:13 am

zippy was..
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

palino_s

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:48 am

michaeljohn wrote:zippy was..

In Cup.. I asked about her NW crew chief.. In her last pit stop (NW race) ESPN mentioned Letarte is working on her car..
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
Next

Return to Danica