FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Elephant in the room........33???

<<

Annalee

Post Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:35 pm

Elephant in the room........33???

I don't know why Tony is qualifying in the thirties? .......Second week in a row. Look what happened last week, ran around Charlotte with a duck tape all over the front of the car........he's back with the start and parks. I know Tony is not known for his qualifying skills, but this pitiful! :( Does anyone know what happened to the original motor that blew up during testing!?!?
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:39 am

Re: Elephant in the room........33???

Ya qualify with the schlubs........(fill in the blanks) :shock: :evil:
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:57 am

midwesternsmoke wrote:Ya qualify with the schlubs........(fill in the blanks) :shock: :evil:

some might call that karma............... :lol: 8-) :lol:
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:06 pm

I've never understood why some drivers/teams don't put much, if any, emphasis on qualifying. I don't understand the mindset of it being ok to have to work your way up to the front. You have to gamble on pit strategy and hope one of the lesser drivers don't wreck you. Even on tracks where passing isn't a problem, once you get up to the top ten or so, your competition level is much higher and it's way harder to pass. Tony's likes the order in which they go through the 1st practice. Totally his and Steve's prerogative, but face it, it doesn't work. You have to be open to change and if you're not, you can be left behind. I think it's obvious, at least to me, they've been left behind where it comes to qualifying. But, that's just me. I'd rather get the qualifying set up and then work on the handling. I'm just hoping it's not a case of you can't teach an old dog new tricks is all. I personally think Steve is in a bad place. We've heard Tony say starting on Thursday's he's a driver and leaves the owner stuff behind, but, fact is, as far as the rest of the team is concerned, he's still the owner. If Steve wants to change the order of what they do in that 1st practice, how far do you push? I'm not saying he does want to change it, I have no idea. I just would not want to be Addington trying to change Tony's habits... For the record, this is just my opinion...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

gkbacb

Post Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:44 pm

It is of my opion that Tony purposely qualifies slower then he is capable of, I personally believe he does this because it would be a more fun race working to get to the front instead of being up front all day. I believe Tony likes starting towards the back, so he can have some fun and pass cars. And besides when he does start in the top ten, he rarely does well. just a thought.
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:01 pm

Don't care for the poor qualifying spots either. But sometimes I think we loose site of reality. Went to the qualifying sheet and Tony was 0.525 seconds slower than P1. One half a second slower for 32 place. Wow!

If you haven't followed NASCAR for 25 or more years, watch one of the old races when you get a chance. In those races it was common for P1 to be the only car on the lead lap at the checkers. P2-P5 might all finish 1-3 laps down.

Competition today is unbelievable compared to back in the day. And Tony is exceptional at coming through the pack. Remember Homestead last year?

JMO
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

Annalee

Post Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:33 pm

I will always remember Homestead and that is what I fall back on when he qualifies in the thirties....... :) It is just easier on his fans when he starts nearer the front. So much can happen when you have to deal with all the start and parks! And in the Nationwide race it wasn't until the end before the second lane came in and then they could pass....... I guess we just hope for the best and count on his talent. He needs to copy some of Danica's moves this afternoon.......she did well....I was really proud of her.

Rochelle, I have wondered the same thing, but I think they hired Zippy to solve things like this..... It is like when EF Hutton speaks everyone listens, I really think if they thought it had become a problem, Zippy is there to solve them......if there is one person Tony trusts and listens to..... it is Zippy.... ;)
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:01 am

I still say...... Ya qualify with the schlubs and ya get ???????

Here's to hoping that he's found something he's comfortable with during practice and just qualified in race trim......we'll see s@@n enough
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]

Return to Tony