FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

No Prelude To The Dream In 2013

<<

DanicaFan

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:23 pm

No Prelude To The Dream In 2013

Well, due to race weekend expansions, Eldora Speedway has done away with the Prelude To The Dream in 2013. This sucks! Ive been going every year now for 5 years..
<<

Rochelle

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:49 pm

Re: No Prelude To The Dream In 2013

Wow, that sucks. But I remember Tony making a comment about that at this years race. Rumors started floating then. His charities are going to take a hit cause I, for one, get the pay per view every year. It's too expensive and far for me to travel there.

That's a shame, I enjoyed the racing.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

DanicaFan

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:14 pm

It is a lot of fun there. I live only a little over an hour away from the track.
<<

tonycrazy

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:07 pm

Unfortunately i seen this coming........for one a few yrs ago when we was planning our annual GG meet there i was told by Kirby that they had lost a sponsor and it may not happen....if u guys remember ticket sales was put off a lil while....i couldnt say anything at the time as to why i was later getting our event planned but that was the reason....but they did manage to get another sponsor.......and last year when i was in IN for the event i went to the Tony Stewart store and was told by his Aunt (she runs it) that it was a possibility it may not happen next year....she was right....scheduling was an issue as well as funding....this economy is really taking its toll on everyone....i really hope things change soon....(plz no one make this a political blog) that is not the purpose of me mentioning the economy....frankly its sucked for a long time.....but moving on....i really hate this is happening.....we all enjoyed meeting up every year to support our favorite drivers.....we ALWAYS had a blast , even during the heat or rain, as it was the first yr...lol...was a bit hot last yr too.....this past one was perfect....could not have asked for a better race day.....i will still be making my trek to the mid west tho...ive made some great friends up there and would really miss seeing them every year.....who knows maybe we can work on doin something at a diff time and track....we'll just have to ck and see how it would work out....This is really sad news....The charities that benefited from this will suffer as well....Tony always raised a lot of money for his charities.....he was always so proud of this event and im sure he is heart broken bout it......Hopefully he can do something diff to equal out......

tc

<<

tonycrazy

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:24 pm

This is part of what Eldora has released reguarding scheduling for the 2013 season......the way im reading it , its only canceled for next yr....and that it could still happen the following year.....so i guess not ALL hope is lost......

Eldora’s commitment to the best possible experience for its loyal fans and competitors attending the Dirt Late Model Dream will result in a schedule change to Dream Week. The logistics associated with the Dream’s expansion for the dirt Late Model teams that supplied the cars for the Prelude, along with speedway officials who must transition the facility, prevents the Prelude to the Dream from being included on the 2013 calendar. Advance ticket holders to the 2012 event will retain their renewal rights for the next scheduled Prelude to the Dream event going forward.

tc

<<

smokieonefour

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:33 pm

This IS sad, indeed :-(

Just an idea.... but ...

WE ( as SHR site members ) do have a SHR donate from the Garage Gang option ....

I'm not saying we can match what El Dora brought in, by any means ... but maybe... just maybe, we as a group, can all make a small donation that will add up to "something" for his charities... versus nothing. That way us 'gangsters' can make a positive difference.

Also, when the site was new, there were several people who did fund raising events FOR SHR charities. Always a possibility too.

(( Take that, Jr. Nation, if it happens.... LOL ))
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:33 pm

Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

racer1

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:10 pm

I actually paid to see that race on tv as I never had before and really enjoyed it--too bad. 8-)
<<

jamo14

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:19 pm

We could go to one of the major events instead, being that they are on weekends instead of weeknights, it would be easier for me to go (unless my kids' summer sports are scheduled which has been the other factor involved)
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

smoke14rulez

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:46 pm

Well, if it's because of a sponsor, that could be tough. But, if it's(mainly) the conflict with the Late Models at the Dream...why not just move it? Remember when they had the rain-out and ran it later in the year...why not just do that again :?: :?
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:29 am

smoke14rulez wrote:Well, if it's because of a sponsor, that could be tough. But, if it's(mainly) the conflict with the Late Models at the Dream...why not just move it? Remember when they had the rain-out and ran it later in the year...why not just do that again :?: :?

It was moved to the week of the World 100 both years it rained, and that race weekend has also been expanded. They do it one of those two weeks for the availability of late models and people to work on them.

Smoke said yesterday that they just want to make sure the Dream is a success next year. Even though the Prelude is a great event and I hate to see it take a year off, the Dream is the more important deal so I see why they want to do that.

Hopefully there is some sort of charity endeavor we can bankroll next year and the Prelude'll be back in 2014.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:37 am

ill make a donation in the name of JR NATION
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:39 pm

Total bummer!
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart

Return to NASCAR & Racing