FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I am not responsible...

<<

gkbacb

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:51 pm

Re: I am not responsible...

tlmerk, just curious but what do you intend to do if beaver "warns" people? He has every right to do that. Just don't jump through the screen at him, afterall beaver and about 20-30 others on this site actually have some good points of view on some very interesting subjects, don't take a warning so personell, it means nothing!
<<

tlmerk

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:57 pm

gkbacb wrote:tlmerk, just curious but what do you intend to do if beaver "warns" people? He has every right to do that. Just don't jump through the screen at him, afterall beaver and about 20-30 others on this site actually have some good points of view on some very interesting subjects, don't take a warning so personell, it means nothing!

I did it because I am tired of otherwise, nice, newsy and considerate SHR fans being driven off this site by the drama. I have been on here since day 2 of this site so if I feel someone who is on here as much as Beaverpond wants to post such nasty messages without thinking them through, then I feel I have a right to point out their bad behavior. I don't do it much, maybe once a year when I've had enough and that's just me. Just like you have a right to state your opinion, and you did so without being nasty. Thank you.

And for the record, I have NEVER contacted administration on this site about anything or anyone so to answer your first line, I am not going to "do" anything. My post spoke my peace.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

gkbacb

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:17 pm

I understand, tlmerk. Just when i read beaver's post i really didn't find it all that nasty, i'd prolly have done the same thing, only nastier. I will admit i am new to the social media thing, this is the first website i have ever written anything on or read. I myself have learned to try not to be so aggressive towards others I don't know, but instead try to see what their point of view is/was.

I can totally see why Beav posted what he did, first no points, and then random people blaming him for the issue, total frustration. I just found out about the point screw-up about 20 mins ago. (got busy on monday, and forgot to log in, and twice last week i didn't have time, well their goes 15 more points, dang-it). Thank you for being respectfull your self.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:03 pm

I read it and was a little put off too....as in WTH ? LOL But I laughed and didn't get my panties in a bunch. TLMerk makes the most sense, most times and has hit another nail on the head with her remarks. < In my own opinion.

People.. it's just a web site.

This is exactly part of why I left too... after a dear friend was run off and more bickering... it was just too much for me. So.... taking TLMerk's good advice - I did back away and have come back w/a less attached perspective. :-)

Lastly.... to beaver ... dude... you need to MILK this situation! LOL

"Oh come on people, I do not have this kind of power " - - let 'em think you do... and not to make you mad. ;-) Worked for me a long time ago.... hee hee hee

I think ( < my opinion ) TLMerk was right in stating that PERHAPS ( a little wiggle room, please ) a new-ish member THOUGHT ( incorrectly ) that since you host the 1 point club ... maybe you ARE in charge of it. Think of it as a compliment, correct them and move on. Life is short ... don't spend it stressing about a website. :-)

ps - "I am NOT responsible ..." has been MY line for years now... hee hee hee
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

jsw14

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:23 pm

OK, OK, I just got to say it>>>>We all know it's Shrub's er-um Busch's Fault!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

tlmerk

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:49 pm

Okay, so maybe I too went a weeee bit too far in my emotional response. It was a bit drastic and over the top considering the original post. I don't pay any attention when people argue with each other on here. That's fine for many reasons. I read the original poster's "warning" to "the rest of you" as offensive to the whole site and all of the rest of us, hence, my caustic calling-out. It was obvious to me, but apparently not to many others that when you have a thread regarding points that has over 270 pages, people are going to assume you're an administrator or at least that you something to do with points. If people had blamed me for it, I would have laughed about it knowing why they reached that conclusion. I certainly wouldn't be calling out an entire website which is how I read, and perhaps mistakenly so, the first couple posts by this author (Beav...).

And if someone is complaining about a few missing points, maybe you can explain to me why the person above me on the list has 5000 points and me, #808 or something like that, has 470-some points. Like why was everyone else awarded 5000 points, but I wasn't? Jeesh!

Sorry to break the news, but unless there is something going on that I don't know about... these points can't be cashed in for money. It's REP only. And I would rather have a rep for being a nice person so, I would delete my initial post if wouldn't confuse this entire thread. But it would, and I said it and generally meant it, just could have been a lot nicer in my way of stating it. Peace out.! :D and welcome back Smokie! Hope you stay this time and you are one of the "MIA" posters I have really missed.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

jsw14

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:03 pm

tlmerk wrote:Okay, so maybe I too went a weeee bit too far in my emotional response. It was a bit drastic and over the top considering the original post. I don't pay any attention when people argue with each other on here. That's fine for many reasons. I read the original poster's "warning" to "the rest of you" as offensive to the whole site and all of the rest of us, hence, my caustic calling-out. It was obvious to me, but apparently not to many others that when you have a thread regarding points that has over 270 pages, people are going to assume you're an administrator or at least that you something to do with points. If people had blamed me for it, I would have laughed about it knowing why they reached that conclusion. I certainly wouldn't be calling out an entire website which is how I read, and perhaps mistakenly so, the first couple posts by this author (Beav...).

And if someone is complaining about a few missing points, maybe you can explain to me why the person above me on the list has 5000 points and me, #808 or something like that, has 470-some points. Like why was everyone else awarded 5000 points, but I wasn't? Jeesh!

Sorry to break the news, but unless there is something going on that I don't know about... these points can't be cashed in for money. It's REP only. And I would rather have a rep for being a nice person so, I would delete my initial post if wouldn't confuse this entire thread. But it would, and I said it and generally meant it, just could have been a lot nicer in my way of stating it. Peace out.! :D and welcome back Smokie! Hope you stay this time and you are one of the "MIA" posters I have really missed.

Well said tlmerk, well said......
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:32 am

Beave made a point to say that the person emailing him had been on this site since the beginning and their points were up there with ours... Well, maybe not mine :D Just for that reason, they obviously know where to make their picks. I don't think you could be in the top 1000 if you didn't make picks but I haven't done the math. If you were in the top 1000, your points should have been reset to 5000.

I wasn't offended by his post, I was angered that someone would be that stupid as to accuse him of something like that. Even if he had that power, which he doesn't, he is not the type of person that would do that. Just the fact that he didn't call that person out in a public post should show everyone what type of person he is. I would have called them out. I would have shouted it from the rooftops, as they say.

Yes, it's a game, I believe I said that in my earlier post, but there is a prize that's awarded by a drawing from the top 25 in points at the end of the season. That prize has value and that's our goal, along with bragging rights. Nobody wants points more than me and I was disappointed, but not enough to blame someone, much less a member of this site.

tlmerk, I don't know what happened to your points or why they might not have been reset, but that should be addressed to animink1. When I have a problem, that's what I do. I hope you no longer feel offended. Believe me, one of the few on here that doesn't offend is beave. Well, unless he's ahead of me in points, which offends me, but that's my fault... because my picks usually suck :mrgreen:

I'm hoping I didn't offend anyone except whoever sent beave the emails...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:27 am

Rochelle, you always offend me when using those big college words.... :P :P :P
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:07 pm

Beav.......there was an earthquake in southern Maine last night! I think 4.5 on the Richter Scale.........Was that you? :lol: :lol: Did you stir the pot to hard? They said it was felt downtown Boston. :lol: :lol: I do really think everyone needs to take a deep breath, cool the jets, and not get so personal. We need to agree to disagree and leave it at that. You and Timerk make very good points. People have become almost vindictive when they post, it is like they lay in the bushes waiting to see what someone is going to say, so they can post their venom. Life is to short to be that angry! This is just a SHR forum, and really good members have left because of it, this nonsense that is so uncalled for.
I would like to see NDunn, Timerk, Smokieonefour, Smokeshow14, Tony crazy, OurLadyWhiteWolf, NASCAR Nana, and many others come back.......I miss them!! They made this board interesting and fun! They had great opinions and should be able to post them......Most importantly I have learned to just ignore some and feel very sorry for them, no one should be that angry. Please come back, don't leave us.....just remember that there are many people who enjoy what you have to say...... Me especially! I always say the more the merrier! And Glass Half Full!! :) 8-) That's for Schmoopy !

If anyone and I mean anyone can help with the points, I could really use some extra!! I have officially taken permanent residency in the one point club.....in fact I am so far back I am willing to sell to the highest bidder some of mine! The funny thing for the last four weeks I am still at the same number??? Don't know how that happened, but I'll take it! :lol: :lol:

LET US ALL TRY TO GET ALONG....BE NICE...AND GIVE PEACE A
CHANCE

Don't you just love my new picture in the signature.......just learned to post pictures on my IPad !! :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: This could be a good thing, and I could be someone's worst nightmare.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:20 pm

Annalee - when making your picks, are you clicking the "Save My Picks" button after making your selections? Does the area around the drop-down boxes change color from red to green? Have you been getting at least the 1 point for playing, except for this last race at Charlotte, of course?

Please don't feel insulted by my "basic" questions, but I'm trying to figure out why your number didn't change for the last 4 weeks.

(nice pic in your sig, BTW) ;) :D
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:50 pm

HH I have....and it changes color..... :roll: I am now looking at sympathy bonus points or selling what I have......cause let's face it, I don't have a snowballs chance in "you know where" of winning anything! :roll: :roll: I I kinda feel like Tony, so close yet so far......... :lol:

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:09 pm

michaeljohn wrote:Rochelle, you always offend me when using those big college words.... :P :P :P

bwahaha... My insidious plot is working :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:22 pm

:shock: Ooooooo... "insidious" Another one of those BIG words! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:23 pm

Annalee wrote:HH I have....and it changes color..... :roll: I am now looking at sympathy bonus points or selling what I have......cause let's face it, I don't have a snowballs chance in "you know where" of winning anything! :roll: :roll: I I kinda feel like Tony, so close yet so far......... :lol:

Puzzling!?! Don't think you can "sell" you points, however. ;) :lol:

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
PreviousNext

Return to NASCAR & Racing