FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Finch still making sure he gets his digs in on Kurt

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:54 am

Finch still making sure he gets his digs in on Kurt

After Allmendinger successfully completed NASCAR's "Road to Recovery" program and proved himself behind the wheel of the #51 Chevy in Saturday night's Sprint Cup Series race, Phoenix Racing team owner James Finch will give him another opportunity next weekend at Kansas Speedway. "He'll be back in," Finch said from his boat Sunday. "He did a real fine job before he received the penalty. And he was outrunning Kurt (Busch, Phoenix Racing's driver for 30 of the first 31 races)

from Jayski
ImageImageImage
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:46 am

Re: Finch still making sure he gets his digs in on Kurt

Regan Smith probably wished he had a horn so that he could honk and wave at Kurt while passing him in Jr 's 88 car! 8-) He had done so well in practice......I had high hopes for him. Hendrick needs to address the engine problem again! Two in a weekend, not good! :roll:
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:10 pm

the top Hendrick driver did outstanding.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:57 pm

I just hope they're not going all experimental on the 88 and give Regan a shot at showing what he can do with a top car. Personally, I'd have put "See Ya Elf" on the back of the 88, blown engine or not...

I'm anxious to see the reactions if/when the elf is still finishing in the 20's next year. Sorry, I just can't wish him or Furniture Row well. Also not a fan of RCR after the Clint deal last year. I don't care how much money Menard has, his family needs to man up and put a real driver in the car. Seriously, 1 cup and 1 NW win in his career? Brickyard or not, will never be a legitimate contender. I love Burton, but come on, time to move on...

Sorry for the rant, sometimes it gets to me the opportunities that some drivers get and do nothing with it and some try their hearts out in sub-par rides and never get the break they deserve.

Ok, I'm done... :)
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:45 pm

Speaking of Kurt... There is talk about concussion testing, and the Road to Recovery program. Why doesn't Nascar have an anger management progam? I don't know if it really happened, or was just a rumor, but not too long ago there was talk of Tony going into an anger management program. If anyone ever needed the tools to handle anger, it is Kurt. His little brother could use some help as well. These guys are hurting themselves and are going too far with their behavior. Come on Nascar, get these guys some help. JMO
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

onerockindoc

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:02 pm

Kurt should be first in line for concussion testing. If nothing else I'm sure his momma must have dropped him on his head. No other explanation for any of his actions.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:13 pm

NascarNanaOK wrote:Speaking of Kurt... There is talk about concussion testing, and the Road to Recovery program. Why doesn't Nascar have an anger management progam? I don't know if it really happened, or was just a rumor, but not too long ago there was talk of Tony going into an anger management program. If anyone ever needed the tools to handle anger, it is Kurt. His little brother could use some help as well. These guys are hurting themselves and are going too far with their behavior. Come on Nascar, get these guys some help. JMO

Yeah, Nana....Smoke went to anger management. I think it was back in '05-'06?? To Kyle's credit, he has toned it down CONSIDERABLY since he bought his own race team. NOW, he uses alot more of the thought process than he did a couple of years ago. I for one am REALLY proud of the way he handled all the adversity this seaon. 4 blown motors in a season would've REALLY set him off a couple of years ago. He has used his head alot more recently and doesn't often open his mouth before he realizes....., "hey, I'd better keep my true thoughts in check before I get myself in trouble again".
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:28 pm

NascarNanaOK wrote:Speaking of Kurt... There is talk about concussion testing, and the Road to Recovery program. Why doesn't Nascar have an anger management progam? I don't know if it really happened, or was just a rumor, but not too long ago there was talk of Tony going into an anger management program. If anyone ever needed the tools to handle anger, it is Kurt. His little brother could use some help as well. These guys are hurting themselves and are going too far with their behavior. Come on Nascar, get these guys some help. JMO

Tony did go through anger management a few years back when he was in the 20. I'm not sure what year, but it was before he moved back to Indiana.

"Tony used to have trouble with his temper. On the track his driving style is often called over-aggressive by his fellow competitors. He has been known to hit other drivers on the track, on pit road and with his fists. During his 2002 title-winning season he spent some time on probation for hitting a photographer and was investigated by a local sheriff's department for pushing a fan."

Personally I don't think NASCAR should be responsible for that. Seems to me that's a personal problem, not due to wrecks, although it's pretty much wrecked the elf's life, at least for now.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:11 pm

kyle+kurt=TOOLS
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:17 pm

michaeljohn wrote:kyle+kurt=TOOLS

Kobalt? :lol:
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:45 pm

Tony's Anger management program was pushed by his sponsor not nascar.

Kurt's Sponsor just said screw it he aint worth the headache.
ImageImageImage
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:40 pm

Sorry Schmoop, that wasn't what I meant by saying NASCAR shouldn't be responsible for that. I meant that's the driver's personal problem. Either on his/her own, or between them and the owners and sponsors. NASCAR's only responsibility is to either put them on probation or sit them out if they're unable to control themselves.

Now concussions are another matter entirely and NASCAR should put some type of testing protocol in place. IMO
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:45 pm

Rochelle wrote:Sorry Schmoop, that wasn't what I meant by saying NASCAR shouldn't be responsible for that. I meant that's the driver's personal problem. Either on his/her own, or between them and the owners and sponsors. NASCAR's only responsibility is to either put them on probation or sit them out if they're unable to control themselves.

Now concussions are another matter entirely and NASCAR should put some type of testing protocol in place. IMO

actually I was responding to nana. I completely agree with you.
ImageImageImage
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:44 pm

Schmoopy and Rochelle, I don't disagree with either of you. But the drivers, owners, and/or sponsors may need a prod from Nascar to do the right thing. Kurt and Kyle's grandmother stepped up once before. Maybe she needs to step in again.
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:47 pm

NascarNanaOK wrote:Schmoopy and Rochelle, I don't disagree with either of you. But the drivers, owners, and/or sponsors may need a prod from Nascar to do the right thing. Kurt and Kyle's grandmother stepped up once before. Maybe she needs to step in again.

Grandma needs a raise!!!
ImageImageImage
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing