FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Danica finishes 14th two laps down

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:48 pm

Re: Danica finishes 14th two laps down

just thought I would point out the 70 car with their great equipment was 45th fastest out of 47 in qualifying, with Raines driving.
ImageImageImage
<<

funblvble

Post Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:34 pm

Just to clarify...

Tony Raines is not running the same equipment that Johanna Long runs when she is in the 70. The arrangement is similar to the TBR/SHR agreement for the 10 in Sprint Cup. My understanding is he is basically only running to keep the car in the Top 30 (plus they need to start every race in NNS). I had heard his effort is totally separate from the normal 70 team when Johanna is running.

Schmoopy1000 wrote:just thought I would point out the 70 car with their great equipment was 45th fastest out of 47 in qualifying, with Raines driving.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:00 pm

thats interesting, but curious to know more if that is true. they are a rag tag efffort as it is, & Jo long has no affiliations with anyone of what we might call the higher ups. The team is who is connected with whoever. So why would they use two different sets of equipment?

SHR is backing Danica is why they do it with SHR & TBR.

Jo's team is all under one owner. Not saying this isnt true, but doesnt make sense to me. You have anywhere I could read up on this?
ImageImageImage
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:12 pm

Hey Schmoop, from Wikipedia

ML Motorsports made its NASCAR debut at 2006 at Richmond International Raceway with Diercks driving and Foretravel sponsoring. They qualified twenty-eighth but finished last after a wreck. They ran six more races that season with a best finish of twenty-eighth at Gateway International Raceway. The combo returned in 2007 for seven additional races, with two twenty-fourth place finishes. Diercks was fired from the team and replaced by Mark Green, who ran ten races and had a best finish of nineteenth. In 2008, Green and the team attempted twenty-one races, qualifying for nineteenth, and had its first top-five finish at Talladega Superspeedway, where Green finished fifth. The next season, Green was released after four races, and Shelby Howard took over as driver. In seventeen starts, Howard finished in the top-twenty seven times.

Howard returned in 2010 and had a best finish of twelfth twice in twenty-one starts. That year, ML formed a partnership with Jay Robinson Racing to allow Robinson to enter its #49 car using ML's number and owner points during races ML would not enter. This allowed ML to remain eligible for the top-30 exemption in owner points, so that it would not fail to qualify for any races that it attempted[2]. Green would run the races that JRR fielded, earning a best finish of nineteenth. This arrangement continued in 2011 with Dennis Setzer driving in the JRR/ML races. Howard began 2011 as driver, but was replaced by both David Stremme and Scott Wimmer on a rotating basis. Stremme got the team's best finish of the season at Richmond when he finished ninth.

In 2012, rookie Johanna Long became the team's primary driver. During the races ML doesn't enter, the 70 is independently run by Robinson-Blakeney Racing with Tony Raines, Charles Lewandoski, Derrike Cope, and David Green sharing driving duties. The team primarily runs Dodges in those events.

I don't know how accurate this is cause NASCAR has Raines in a chevy yesterday, but the 70 is essentially 2 different teams.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:45 pm

Rochelle wrote:Hey Schmoop, from Wikipedia

ML Motorsports made its NASCAR debut at 2006 at Richmond International Raceway with Diercks driving and Foretravel sponsoring. They qualified twenty-eighth but finished last after a wreck. They ran six more races that season with a best finish of twenty-eighth at Gateway International Raceway. The combo returned in 2007 for seven additional races, with two twenty-fourth place finishes. Diercks was fired from the team and replaced by Mark Green, who ran ten races and had a best finish of nineteenth. In 2008, Green and the team attempted twenty-one races, qualifying for nineteenth, and had its first top-five finish at Talladega Superspeedway, where Green finished fifth. The next season, Green was released after four races, and Shelby Howard took over as driver. In seventeen starts, Howard finished in the top-twenty seven times.

Howard returned in 2010 and had a best finish of twelfth twice in twenty-one starts. That year, ML formed a partnership with Jay Robinson Racing to allow Robinson to enter its #49 car using ML's number and owner points during races ML would not enter. This allowed ML to remain eligible for the top-30 exemption in owner points, so that it would not fail to qualify for any races that it attempted[2]. Green would run the races that JRR fielded, earning a best finish of nineteenth. This arrangement continued in 2011 with Dennis Setzer driving in the JRR/ML races. Howard began 2011 as driver, but was replaced by both David Stremme and Scott Wimmer on a rotating basis. Stremme got the team's best finish of the season at Richmond when he finished ninth.

In 2012, rookie Johanna Long became the team's primary driver. During the races ML doesn't enter, the 70 is independently run by Robinson-Blakeney Racing with Tony Raines, Charles Lewandoski, Derrike Cope, and David Green sharing driving duties. The team primarily runs Dodges in those events.

I don't know how accurate this is cause NASCAR has Raines in a chevy yesterday, but the 70 is essentially 2 different teams.

that is very interesting. Good to know. I hope Jo can land a good ride soon.
ImageImageImage
Previous

Return to Danica