FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

So does anyone know?

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:40 pm

So does anyone know?

does anyone know if Regan will get the 51 ride once jr comes back, or did he sacrifice that ride getting the 2 weeks in the 88?
ImageImageImage
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:54 pm

Re: So does anyone know?

I believe that Finch was taking it one race at a time. He was working on sponsorship also. I would suppose, at this point, it would depend on how AJ does these couple of weeks. Plus, if Jr is out more than 2 weeks, will they keep Regan in the 88?

They did say something yesterday about working with Regan for a full time NW ride for Jr's team next year. I do hope Regan gets something for next year, regardless of the series. I don't think Finch will be running next year unless a sponsor steps up.

I think it's all pretty much up in the air at this point Schmoop

From Jayski the other day...

Regan Smtih to the #51 at Charlotte: Regan Smith and Kurt Busch are trading places - at least for now. Smith, 29, will drive the #51 Phoenix Racing Chevy at Charlotte Motor Speedway while Busch takes over the seat in the #78 Furniture Row Chevrolet for the remainder of the season and on to next year. "We're looking forward to having Regan in our car," Phoenix Racing general manager Steve Barkdoll said. "Regan performed the tire test at Kansas, and that should be helpful at intermediate tracks. We believe he can help get our program back on track and help attract sponsorship going forward." For Phoenix Racing, this is a tryout of sorts to see how Smith acclimates with the team. Team owner James Finch is not committing to one driver as the company continues its sponsor search. Barkdoll added that there has been recent interest from potential sponsors and hopes to find the right match between a benefactor and driver.(Fox Sports)(10-7-2012)
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:45 pm

I must say I like Finch's sense of humor, with the happy face on the hood of the 51... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:16 pm

Rochelle wrote:I must say I like Finch's sense of humor, with the happy face on the hood of the 51... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, that is kinda 8-)
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14

Return to NASCAR & Racing