FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Weekly Picks & The 1 Point Club

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:47 am

Re: Weekly Picks & The 1 Point Club

Rochelle wrote:Ugh, I dropped from 39 to 47... Could have been worse, but I've dropped for the last 3 weeks. :roll:

I guess that means I can gain 8 pounds this week since I lost 8 spots. Wait, how is that fair? I lose spots in the points and gain weight? I already need to lose 10 lbs. I guess I'll have to ramp up my exercise routine. What's the weather like here? Is there a treadmill? Oh well, I guess there needs to be consequences for eating this great food.

Keep the great meals on the down low beaver. You don't want to rile up the Mrs, you're in enough trouble as it is... :shock: :shock: :shock:

What kind of logic is that :?: :!: :?: :? ;) :lol: :lol:

(BTW: I made my initial picks for Charlotte just in case I forget.)
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:44 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:
Rochelle wrote:Ugh, I dropped from 39 to 47... Could have been worse, but I've dropped for the last 3 weeks. :roll:

I guess that means I can gain 8 pounds this week since I lost 8 spots. Wait, how is that fair? I lose spots in the points and gain weight? I already need to lose 10 lbs. I guess I'll have to ramp up my exercise routine. What's the weather like here? Is there a treadmill? Oh well, I guess there needs to be consequences for eating this great food.

Keep the great meals on the down low beaver. You don't want to rile up the Mrs, you're in enough trouble as it is... :shock: :shock: :shock:

What kind of logic is that :?: :!: :?: :? ;) :lol: :lol:

(BTW: I made my initial picks for Charlotte just in case I forget.)

lol, that was beaver's logic. He said what you lose in points, you'll gain in weight :lol: :lol:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:55 pm

I have been working on a individual large chef salads. There is egg, chicken, ham, cheese, carrots, cucumbers, three types of lettuce, and croutons.

I also have three large blueberry crisps and three large apple crisps. So you can have a little of each or a lot of one. I also made some vanilla icecream to go with it.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:57 am

There is coffee available for brewing. I also bought a cappuccino machine and filled it with four flavors...chocolate, pumpkin spice, french vanilla, and egg nog. Musn't speak too loudly, but this little bad boy set us back with mix and machine of $2200.

If you want decaf cappuccino...drink the chocolate as the other flavors all have caffeine.

I also made donuts for this morning: plain, plain glazed, chocolate glazed, blueberry cake, apple cake, pumpkin cake, apple filled, boston creme, and blueberry filled.

ENJOY THE DONUTS AND BEVERAGES OF YOUR CHOICE :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Image Image

<<

Mrs B

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:00 am

YOU SPENT HOW MUCH !!!!!
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
There are two ways of doing things...the wrong way and my way.

What, don't want to do it my way, there is a fine for that.
<<

awsum14

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:01 am

Didn't I here that someone won big in the Maine Lottery :?: :?: :?:
Inquiring mines would like to know :D :) ;) :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
If at first you don't succeed, don't give up
Try Harder
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:44 am

I live in western Maine on the NH border. The winner was from Fairfield which is 45 minutes from Bangor or minutes from the Canadian north eastern border of the state...which is more than a 5 hour drive from where I live.
Image Image

<<

HTower

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:25 am

It takes more than 5 hours to get from one part of Main to another? :shock: Is that by bicycle? :lol:
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:11 am

Most parts of Maine are connected by a poor falling apart state highway system as to which you may not want to drive more than 40 mph and a lot of these roads are very windy and have a lot of sharp curves. Then there is the private toll highway system that runs from Kittery which is at the ME / NH border to Bangor. But there is always US Route 1 and that runs all the way up to the Canadian border at the most northern part of Maine in Fort Kent. To go from Kittery to Bangor on the interstate at 65mph takes 5 hours, but because of the poor road conditions north of that...it takes another three to get to Fort Kent, so you are talking about an 8 hour road trip of non-stop driving to go from one end of the state to the other...tip to tip.

As was described recently, you can put all of Vermont, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Delaware inside of Maine and there would still be space left over for most of Connecticut.
Image Image

<<

HTower

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:15 am

It takes only 7 hours to get from Waukegan, IL (on the Wisconsin border) to Cairo, IL(southern tip of the state)
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:41 am

It is 397 miles from Kittery to Fort Kent.

It is 378 miles from Cairo to Waukegan.

Road conditions have a lot do with how long it takes to get from place to place. Depending on how your state maintains and repairs your roads and bridges makes a huge difference. Ours does not do this job well. They would rather spend money on welfare than on roads as mandated by our wonderful President although we have tried to do otherwise. We could think of other ways to spend more than 350 million dollars that we have been trying to reduce on welfare costs...not eliminate, but reduce.
Image Image

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:21 pm

Don't pick Junior for at least the next two races.

Too bad for him. :(
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

HTower

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:58 pm

I had no idea that Maine was so big, I always thought of it as a tiny state
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:04 pm

To go from east to west...MAGALLOWAY PLANTATION to EASTPORT is 306 miles and is projected to take 6 hours and 22 minutes. I think it would take longer than that because a lot of these roads are some of the worst in the state.
Image Image

<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:20 pm

Tonight feels like a good ole' fashioned boiled dinner.

Ham, potatoes, carrots, cabbage. All the veggies are being boiled right in with the hams.

For dessert, I baked up some pumkin pies with fresh made whipped cream to go on top.
Image Image

PreviousNext

Return to NASCAR & Racing