FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Chase chances over for Stewart

<<

HTower

Post Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:45 pm

Re: Chase chances over for Stewart

tlmerk wrote:
WG, Guess, I'm still not "getting it" but that's okay. When I hit 50, I quit expecting to understand everything! LOL I thought you were referring to his decision to block. I'm on the fence. How can blocking not be okay if you're going for the win? Where do you draw the line? If you're in front and you're 1/2 lap from the win, do you let others pass you by? Never really understood that idea but after the wreck yesterday, I am assuming that's why. But racing is about the driver's ability too, not just how fast the cars are, esp with restrictor plate racing so to block or not block?

I don't mind blocking, and it was the only thing he could have done to win. I just wish he had done it right, and hadn't misjudged the speed of the 55 coming up on him. As for Tony's comments earlier in the year about anyone trying to block him would get put in the wall. My view was that I loved the emotion from him, but didn't agree with him that blocking shouldn't happen. Blocking only shouldn't happen if you can't do it right. Unfortunately for so many drivers, Tony couldn't block properly on Sunday.
<<

tlmerk

Post Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:46 pm

lmalley wrote:Well, as usual I'm the odd person out actually being on Tony's side on this one. Still think Casey made a bad move considering it was last lap at Dega. Ha had to know what he was setting Tony up for. Oh, and I'm entitled to my opinion and don't appreciate the unnecessary negativity. You disagree? Fine. We disagree.

Not sure why you feel the negativity. We're all entitled to our own opinions. I have been on the opposite side of the popular thought on here a few times and I rarely feel "negativity." Not even when I sing the praises of Brad K. (and that's not a good thing right now at this point in the Chase).

I have put Tony down for some of the stunts he pulls with the media but he's still my favorite driver. Seriously, if we all agreed on everything, would anyone bother to read this forum? Just my 2 cents. I guess what I would say is if someone sounds like he/she is being a grouchy or negative, don't internalize it and take it personally; it's their issue, not yours. I think you made good points in your original post esp. why racing so hard when you're out of the Chase but guess, that's racing and respect and it's Dega afterall.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:29 pm

lmalley wrote:Well, as usual I'm the odd person out actually being on Tony's side on this one. Still think Casey made a bad move considering it was last lap at Dega. Ha had to know what he was setting Tony up for. Oh, and I'm entitled to my opinion and don't appreciate the unnecessary negativity. You disagree? Fine. We disagree.

well simply put. I disagree.
ImageImageImage
<<

smokinTA

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:30 pm

lmalley wrote:I guess I'm the only one who thinks perhaps Casey and Mickey were racing the chasers too hard. They had to know that they'd be putting Tony in an impossible situation and what he would choose to do. Why so desperate for a win when you're not running for a championship, points or anything? I'm not saying they should not try to win, but if there's not enough room to safely pass without creating a potentially dangerous situation, which they had to know they were doing, why push so hard? I'm sorry, but Mickey's racing ability and his record prove he's not the brightest bulb out there. Just sayin'.

You're not the only one, as I posted earlier, Casey and Mikey were both out of control. Mikey even admits it in his post race interview, "I wasn't totally stable anyway and what with that big push I got...guess it was Casey..." is exactly what he said. I watched that video, frame by frame, Casey was wicked loose, hit Mikey's rear bumper and he was already sliding causing Mikey to tap into Tony's bumper. Tony just has more class and took responsibility.

To all you bashers, haters and nay sayers...do you really call yourselves race fans?! If you were truly a race fan, then you have seen this hundreds of times before. Tony isn't the first racer to block and try to protect a win on the final lap and he won't be the last!!! IT'S CALLED RACING!!! Get over yourselves already... :roll:
"Excuse me, pardon me, comin' through" ~ Tony Stewart
"Take a deep breath, I've got this" ~ Tony Stewart
<<

HRR

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:43 pm

WOW.. this topic really set ablaze... only one thing, or maybe two things... One, not one comment on me saying that Tony was pretty much out of contention for the title this year.. and two, Tony's comments about blocking, or not blocking.. he got what he asked for .. if your memory is as good as mine... remember what Tony did to Kyle back at Daytona a few years back...? Hello.. HE DUMPED Kyle for doing the same thing.. he did to Mike.. so, in turn, he had it coming. He was blocking really well all the way up to the last two corners... then.. HIS SPOTTER.. must not have told Tony.. just how fast the 55 and 13 were coming.. and ... ALL #### BROKE LOOSE! Tony, should learn a little something from this.. and next time, don't say anything about blocking... through the year, like he did this year.. Nascar Race Hub.. had a freaking field day with all his "blocking and dumping guys" comments throughout this year.... so, Tony, this week.... might just have to watch his back.. JJ or Harvick.. might just dump him! Smoke's last 5 times at being at Charlotte, have been less than impressive... If he comes out of there with a top 20, I would be really surprised. So far, at all the tracks that Kyle was good at, and had many wins at, Steve Addington, has not improved on Tony's chances of top 10's or wins... So, I think, SHR, may need to make some changes for next year.. Zippy needs to be on the box for Smoke, Steve should be the Competition Director.. or Ryan's CC.

This is simply based on what I have seen this year.. my opinion. I am going to my first Nascar race .. EVER... in 3 weeks.. Martinsville. Tony won there last year.. and I would be lucky to see him win there again, at my first race.. that would be so COOL! I have been watching Nascar since I was 7.. now, 40.. its been a long time coming.. and I am going to enjoy it... no matter who wins! :D :D
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:14 pm

8-) :shock: It was the LAST TURN on the LAST LAP of Talladega......come on people! This isn't the Emily Post 500 race..........Excuse me, pardon me, comin through!! This is TALLADEGA....there are no thank you notes or Pinky's in the air, afternoon tea and finger sandwiches....this every man for himself and the last man standing gets the trophy. Give me a break......
Tony Stewart is the best driver out there and you all know it! Things happen in a split second....... Bob, Tony's spotter said the 55 is coming on the bottom and in the next breath he was saying "Talk to me are you all right!" ......and that was way before it was shown on TV because of the ( six minute delay) .....The cars are NOT going 25 mph, nor do they have a turn signal! The only rule that I know of is, don't go below the yellow line to pass someone and to advance your position! So take a deep breath and cool your jets!!
You have to love the fact that when Matt crossed the start/finish line and looked in the mirror and "no one was there"!!!! Twilight Zone! :shock:
And through all the smoke and cars! Where's Newman??? I knew he must be in all that mess, and then the smoke parts, and here he comes.......Wheels on the ground, it's a miracle!!! He is always wheels up! :lol: 8-)

HRR have a great time at Martinsville and hope you get to see a great race! It is a great track for your first race......

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:22 pm

^^^^^^ well next time someone bumps tony or takes him out, just remember what ya said, this isnt the emily post 500, you cant have it both ways, cant complain when someone ruins tony and you cant justify why it was ok to block, when the man himself says he hates blocking and will wreck anyone who blocks him.
I miss you Frehley........
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:33 pm

;) ;)

Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:45 pm

"And that's all I have to say about that"
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:28 pm

isnt that forest gump? hahaha
<<

Rochelle

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:32 am

"My Mama always said you've got to put the past behind you before you can move on"
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:48 am

Rochelle wrote:"My Mama always said you've got to put the past behind you before you can move on"

well mine said if you dont learn from history your doomed to repeat it :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:33 am

my mom always said " you want something to cry about? i will give ya something to cry about."
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:30 pm

michaeljohn wrote:my mom always said " you want something to cry about? i will give ya something to cry about."

I think that is a mom favorite LOL
ImageImageImage
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:41 pm

Yeah, I heard that more than once growing up. ;) :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500
PreviousNext

Return to Tony