FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Toyota not happy with Kyle Busch's Dover comments

<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:48 am

Toyota not happy with Kyle Busch's Dover comments

After leading - by far - the most laps in Sunday's AAA 400 at Dover International Speedway, #18Kyle Busch was forced to make a late pit stop under green flag conditions in order to make it to the end of the race. The stop cost him the win and he finished seventh, one lap down. Only six cars, including winner Brad Keselowski, finished on the lead lap. As he crossed the finish line, Busch let loose a short, vulgarity-laced tirade over his team radio directed at Toyota Racing Development, claiming the in-house tuning shop for all Toyota cars had cost him and his No. 18 Joe Gibbs Racing team "another one." On Wednesday, Lee White, TRD president, took issue with Busch's comments. "We're as frustrated as he was that he didn't win that race considering how many laps he led, considering he and Denny (Hamlin) both literally dominated the race. We're as disappointed as he was. However, we've got used to saying 'That's just Kyle, you know' But this is a bit of a special case," White said. "We're extremely disappointed in his negative comments and the tone of the comments after the event. It is under discussion as we move forward. We certainly are very disappointed, having said that, Kyle is an amazing talent in a race car and he takes it very personally when something goes wrong and he loses a race he thinks he should have won. I look forward to take it up with coach (Joe) Gibbs and see if we can't do something to sort it out so that we have a better working relationship in the future. I am confident that we will.

i wouldnt be surprised if kyle is with a new team in 2014
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:28 am

Re: Toyota not happy with Kyle Busch's Dover comments

Hummmm........Bye-bye Kyle. I don't see him getting any better. He might for a while, but it'll return. Will he get fired mid season next yr from more outlashing? I think so, but that's just me. Guess cause I don't like the kid even though he can drive. But it'll either be the sponsor or Kyle who's gone.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

HTower

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:56 am

I've always found it somewhat strange that the public gets to listen in on the team radio. There isn't another sport that allows fans into the football huddle, the discussions between the quarterback and the offensive coordinator about the last series. Does basketball let you in the huddle? No. Does baseball broadcast the conversation when the manager visits the mound to talk to the pitcher? No.

Voicing frustration during a race just seems normal to me. Having it broadcast to fans doesn't.
<<

Rio_Grande61

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:45 am

HTower wrote:I've always found it somewhat strange that the public gets to listen in on the team radio. There isn't another sport that allows fans into the football huddle, the discussions between the quarterback and the offensive coordinator about the last series. Does basketball let you in the huddle? No. Does baseball broadcast the conversation when the manager visits the mound to talk to the pitcher? No.

Voicing frustration during a race just seems normal to me. Having it broadcast to fans doesn't.

I couldn't have said it better HTower. The drivers should have a place where they can vent at the moment, and not have to wait until they are in their motorhomes or airplanes.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:02 pm

im not a kyle fan, but the media is trying to set him up to fall, it is very hypocritical that he is bein held to higher standards then most drivers, he has every right in the world to voice his anger, every driver does it, no one is flippin out on greg biffle and the way he was cussing at his crew sunday, and nascar rule, only the top 5 drivers need to speak to the media.
<<

HTower

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:45 pm

Does Kyle have an actual gripe about his car or not? I've been disappointed so far in post race analysis that I've been able to find. How was the gas mileage of his Toyota vs other Toyotas, and the Chevy's and Brad's #2? Was it significantly worse? Does anyone look at his pit strategy and be able to say, "Duh, he didn't pit after lap 3xx of 400, did he really expect to finish the race without pitting once more?"

The NFL, MLB, NBA and so many other sports have actual analysis done of how team's performed, what they did right (or wrong). From what I can tell, NASCAR reporting is limited to showing the wrecks, and saying how Driver A held off Driver B on the last 7 laps to win, with only 6 drivers still on the lead lap.

Why is there no discussion of WHY there were only 6 drivers on the lead lap at the end of the race? How about a discussion of what the #2 car's strategy was for the race, and how that led him to victory lane? Other sports get into the nitty gritty details, why not NASCAR?
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:27 pm

michaeljohn wrote:im not a kyle fan, but the media is trying to set him up to fall, it is very hypocritical that he is bein held to higher standards then most drivers, he has every right in the world to voice his anger, every driver does it, no one is flippin out on greg biffle and the way he was cussing at his crew sunday, and nascar rule, only the top 5 drivers need to speak to the media.

I disagree. One for the other poster, I am tired of racing trying to be like other sports. it only hurts this one. One of the things that has made racing what it is, is the closeness the fans are to the teams.

For MJ there is a huge difference being frustrated & cussing your team like Biffle did. Biffle harvick the busch bros. & many others would be in trouble if that was the case. Kyle went after those paying the bills, not those collecting a check. That is a huge difference.
BY the way it was pure racing luck the caution came out when it did. If it came out earlier everyone has to pit, & if it comes out later he doesnt have to pit & dominates the race, & praises his car. He is spoiled unappreciative punk. Only two cars were able to make it that distance. If JGR (not TRD) detunes the engine for the better gas mileage then JJ & possibly Brad are leading & Kyle complains he didnt have the horsepower. The race teams & the manufacturers certainly dont control when the yellows comes out. if the yellow comes out a few laps later or earlier & then Kyle is all smiles. I think those paying millions for Kyle to be in a top notch car has the right to get upset if something is said. Especially if it is unwarrented comments.

With all that said I am wondering if there might be a move made after Kyle's contract is up, & no I do not believe Kyle will lose his ride in the middle of the season like someone suggested.

P.S. I wouldnt mind Kyle & Ryan swapping rides in 14' :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

Rochelle

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:51 pm

Brad will be in a Ford next year so we'll see how his mileage is then. The Dodge's seem to get a little better mileage than any of the others. I'm not going to bash Kyle, he's had a very frustrating year. With JGR taking away his truck and most of his NW racing, he's not the same Kyle. Between that and his muzzle, they seem to have broken his spirit. As for losing his ride? Uh, no, he's the one putting off signing a new contract, and that's in writing in a article from last weekend. If that doesn't say something about how frustrated he is, I don't know what will. I'm sure JGR doesn't take a motor from TRD and just put it in the car. That would be ridiculous. And now with the EFI, there's even more they can do. As I said, I won't bash Kyle but he drives very hard and that affects fuel mileage also. Both Kyle and Denny should have pitted earlier, so in my opinion, that was two bad pit calls that had nothing to do with their cars. That's just how I see it. As for the radio chatter? I love it, profanities and all. All that needs to happen there is for everyone to quit making a big stink over it and just appreciate the opportunity this sport gives them.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Annalee

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:11 pm

HTower wrote:Does Kyle have an actual gripe about his car or not? I've been disappointed so far in post race analysis that I've been able to find. How was the gas mileage of his Toyota vs other Toyotas, and the Chevy's and Brad's #2? Was it significantly worse? Does anyone look at his pit strategy and be able to say, "Duh, he didn't pit after lap 3xx of 400, did he really expect to finish the race without pitting once

Why is there no discussion of WHY there were only 6 drivers on the lead lap at the end of the race? How about a discussion of what the #2 car's strategy was for the race, and how that led him to victory lane? Other sports get into the nitty gritty details, why not NASCAR?

HTower .....
I think Speed, ESPN, Fox could use you as a Sports commentator! You would be great.....great questions. The most they can come up with is how do you feel and calling the championship after two races :roll:

Looks like maybe Bad Boys Racing: starring the Busch Bros driving Dodges sponsored by Monster Energy is not such a far fetched idea! :lol:

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke

Return to NASCAR & Racing