Post Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:33 pm

Re: Sprint Cup Race Thread - Dover

Congrats to Brad K for the win!

Danica finished 28th
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:20 pm

i didnt listen to her on the radio, but the one time they showed the cars coming off turn 4 it looked as if her car was diggin in to the ground and wasnt going fast, did she have that problem all day?
I miss you Frehley........
<<

DanicaFan

Post Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:07 am

michaeljohn wrote:i didnt listen to her on the radio, but the one time they showed the cars coming off turn 4 it looked as if her car was diggin in to the ground and wasnt going fast, did she have that problem all day?

Yes, her car was tight getting into the throttle pretty much the whole race. Plus she said the car was pushing up the track quite a bit.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:09 am

well she did alright, didnt get caught up in anything, and that is saying something for dover, maybe she is a concrete woman, bein she did well at bristol....
<<

DanicaFan

Post Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:21 am

michaeljohn wrote:well she did alright, didnt get caught up in anything, and that is saying something for dover, maybe she is a concrete woman, bein she did well at bristol....

Yep. She done very well. Logged those laps, stayed out of the leader's way and didnt get into trouble. I just cant wait to see her up front racing for a win though, I miss those days.... :(
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:46 am

one thing i found very disturbing.. i was watching some practice friday afternoon for NW series, and they talked how JR Motorsports never used the HMS engineers, Jr gets all his gear from HMS, so why not take advantage of the brains at HMS? she could have had many more better runs, hopefully the next 6 weeks they start giving her cars that handle well, pemberton (sp?) is a solid CC......
<<

racer1

Post Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:47 pm

Yeh--well Iam not that keen on Pemberton quite yet either as her car WAS terrible on Sat in qualiifying and in the race. I apppreciated ESPN showing her in-car camera and really taking notice mentioning how bad her car was, as they have done most races. Also when one of the announcers suggested it might be her doing double duty, the other said definantly it had nothing to do with the driver but was a bad setup and they made a big mistake changing the front springs which greatly affect the handling of the car and they cant do much about it during the race--apparently very correct-- but at least she didnt get wrecked. She actually couldve had a better finish but on the last restart there was a huge log jam of cars she got stuck behind while Whitt happenned to be on the high side and got around them and had a good finish--good for him. Sometimes it really is about Luck--good or BAD as she seems to be having, often times being in the wrong place at crucial times?

Danica has said she believes in like Fate, Destiny or Karma throughout her career per her own comments at times in whats supposed to happen or "whats meant to be" etc, and maybe her doing lousy this yr with so much bad luck in NNs is a sign she IS supposed to go to Cup? I guess we'll see next yr, but what I've seen and heard basically and the comments she likes her car as it gets better throughout the race, although its way early in PT Cup so far-- sounds more promising to me then where she is in NNS. As she has said repeatedly, she HAS been very fortunate in her career to have so many people backing her-- so either way-- she has that far as the GOOD Luck. 8-)
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing