FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Something I noticed

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:56 pm

Something I noticed

in the 26th race when Kyle was fighting to make the chase at the end. Denny wouldnt pass Kyle so Kyle could get that one more point.

Today Kyle had a chance to return the favor & switch spots with Denny to give Denny one more point in the chase & instead just ran it as hard as he could. He couldnt pass anyone for position he was the 1st car a lap down.

Then What happened to Busch with having to pit, the very same thing happened to Denny who is in the chase & makes it even more important. Denny however gave an interview, & was calm about everything in the interview & Kyle wouldnt give an interview at all.

What a putz! :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:35 pm

Re: Something I noticed

Denny has worked on his attitude and it shows. I don't blame Kyle, he's had a really tough year. Those 2 engine failures back to back, among a lot of other problems. He ran his heart out all day for it to come down to fuel. I would have done the same thing. He does that so he doesn't go off like the elf. Better to keep your mouth shut and people think you're a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt. Don't remember the quote exactly, but you get the gist.

Another thing... I saw an article that says JGR is trying to resign Kyle but Kyle said to wait till after the chase. Then, when he missed the chase, he said wait till the season is over. Supposedly not wanting any distractions. JGR is known for trying to resign their drivers before their contracts are up. I'm wondering if Kyle is shopping around? If you wanted to sign, why not just do it? Kind of interesting...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:19 pm

So everyone knows I'm going to stick up for Kyle, right? I'm a stand by your man kinda woman.

Kyle wants to win. Kyle loves to win....why would he lay down for Denny? Unless it was company orders and I think JGR has more integrity than that. Why would you think Kyle would give an interview? He obviously didn't get the finish he was planning on....he had nothing nice to say and I suppose if his mama taught him anything it was to keep his mouth shut if he couldn't say something nice.

Kyle Busch needs to decide if JGR is still the best fit for him. Somehow I think some of the magic is gone. He must re-evaluate and weigh his options.
I strive to live by the Golden Rule, do you?
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:47 pm

i think it was joe gibbs who had to teach him if ya got nothing nice to say, zip it.
I miss you Frehley........
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:59 pm

You're right mj, Joe did just that and he learned his lesson, unlike his brother. I'd guess that he's weighing his options too, but there really isn't going to be much to pick from that's quality. You know RCR is going to be dumping someone to get Austin in 2014, unless he can get a full sponsorship for the 33. The economy doesn't seem to be coming around, but you never know. Hendrick has a full house and I don't think Jeff is going to retire soon. He won't dump Jr, too much sponsor money. The Fords speed edge seems to be gone. I'm hoping he's waiting to see what Matty's bringing to the table. I want him to stay at JGR. Good and bad years seem to cycle, so 2013 should be better... :D
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:22 pm

Having said my peace I want the old Kyle back.....
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:23 pm

onerockindoc wrote:So everyone knows I'm going to stick up for Kyle, right? I'm a stand by your man kinda woman.

Kyle wants to win. Kyle loves to win....why would he lay down for Denny? Unless it was company orders and I think JGR has more integrity than that. Why would you think Kyle would give an interview? He obviously didn't get the finish he was planning on....he had nothing nice to say and I suppose if his mama taught him anything it was to keep his mouth shut if he couldn't say something nice.

Kyle Busch needs to decide if JGR is still the best fit for him. Somehow I think some of the magic is gone. He must re-evaluate and weigh his options.

well if that is the argument then thats fine. It just shows how selfish & one sided way of thinking.
Denny gave up several positions to stay behind Kyle in race #26. If Kyle had a chance to pass someone ahead of him I could buy into the whole wanting it theory. he couldnt. & the one point wont mean squat to Kyle, it might be huge for Denny down the line. of course there isnt gonna be team orders.
Reminds me when Denny was leading a race & Kyle was asking to lead a lap for a point. Denny slowed down & let Kyle by. Where at these tracks the clean air means everything. Once Kyle had the lead he wouldnt give it back. he said he would if Denny could get up to Kyle. LOL
He is a selfish putz that isnt a team player & IMO never will be. I hope he leaves JGR.

& I mean that in the nicest possible way! :mrgreen:
Ryan gave up his spot to tony. It is only one point, but you never know when it will matter.

BTW MJ is right. It was Gibbs that taught Kyle to keep his mouth shut. So yes it is better to run & hide, instead of sounding like Kurt Busch, but these are guys with Jobs that they get paid millions of dollars to do. To not be capable of showing enough maturity to talk to the media when things dont go well , just shows how immature these guys are. Wasnt liked he got wrecked or something. he finished 7th.
I think if you cant talk to the cameras in times like these you shouldnt be allowed to be on Tv when things go well. Think the media should just ignore you. (& yes I know that would & could never happen)
What i was taught when I was young, was i had to learn to take the good with the bad. Only spoiled little brats are incapable of that. hand me a million dollars I will talk about bad things every week!!! LOL

I say all this with Love Doc :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:27 pm

why is it we and a few others can disagree but we never insult each other?
I miss you Frehley........
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:31 pm

Schmoopy, you and I are good. I appreciate the fact that you said what you wanted to get across and didn't have to get all personal about it. Too much haterade being drunk around the old SHR garage gang.

Kyle has proven once again that he has a lot to learn. Kyle will be just fine
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:36 pm

onerockindoc wrote:Schmoopy, you and I are good. I appreciate the fact that you said what you wanted to get across and didn't have to get all personal about it. Too much haterade being drunk around the old SHR garage gang.

Kyle has proven once again that he has a lot to learn. Kyle will be just fine

Hey I am getting around to insulting you, just give me a few. I havent drank my haterade kool-aid yet!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:37 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
onerockindoc wrote:So everyone knows I'm going to stick up for Kyle, right? I'm a stand by your man kinda woman.

well if that is the argument then thats fine. It just shows how selfish & one sided way of thinking.
Denny gave up several positions to stay behind Kyle in race #26. If Kyle had a chance to pass someone ahead of him I could buy into the whole wanting it theory. he couldnt. & the one point wont mean squat to Kyle, it might be huge for Denny down the line. of course there isnt gonna be team orders.
Reminds me when Denny was leading a race & Kyle was asking to lead a lap for a point. Denny slowed down & let Kyle by. Where at these tracks the clean air means everything. Once Kyle had the lead he wouldnt give it back. he said he would if Denny could get up to Kyle. LOL
He is a selfish putz that isnt a team player & IMO never will be. I hope he leaves JGR.

& I mean that in the nicest possible way! :mrgreen:
Ryan gave up his spot to tony. It is only one point, but you never know when it will matter.

BTW MJ is right. It was Gibbs that taught Kyle to keep his mouth shut. So yes it is better to run & hide, instead of sounding like Kurt Busch, but these are guys with Jobs that they get paid millions of dollars to do. To not be capable of showing enough maturity to talk to the media when things dont go well , just shows how immature these guys are. Wasnt liked he got wrecked or something. he finished 7th.
I think if you cant talk to the cameras in times like these you shouldnt be allowed to be on Tv when things go well. Think the media should just ignore you. (& yes I know that would & could never happen)
What i was taught when I was young, was i had to learn to take the good with the bad. Only spoiled little brats are incapable of that. hand me a million dollars I will talk about bad things every week!!! LOL

I say all this with Love Doc :mrgreen:

It was ALSO Coach Gibbs that put a short leash on a certain other brash, opinionated super-star.
Do we all remember that??? There was talk of Tony's competitive fire being extinguished when it happened too. :D
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:40 pm

tony won a championship with Gibbs after the leash was put on. Kyle not so much.
ImageImageImage
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:00 pm

onerockindoc wrote:Having said my peace I want the old Kyle back.....

Me too doc, he ran a lot better :mrgreen:

One thing I wanted to add... Tony has walked away from a lot of post race interviews, I've watched him. There were a number of times his watch dog shooed the press away. I wouldn't be too critical of Kyle doing the same.
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:36 am

There was more than Joe Gobbs holding on to that leash. Home Depot had a big handful when they said "shape up or ship out." Well those may not be te exact words but that is what they meant.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:26 pm

JMO....the Busch brothers only play fair when it's to their advantage and that's OK...Karma has it's own pay back.

I don't think Kyle is happy at JGR, and is shopping elsewhere. Where?!? Don't know? I remember Tony saying he would hire Kyle in a heartbeat. Having said that, reigning in Kyle's emotions by limiting his truck and Nationwide racing has stifled and frustrated him....Kyle was at his best when he was racing three times on each weekend....he reminds me now of a caged wild animal now who needs to be released and let run. He has way too much stored energy.

I think he and Kurt should start their own cup team. They could call it Bad Boys Racing ;) or Busch Brother's racing. They have a good start with Kyle's truck and Nationwide team. Ownership has done wonders in reshaping personalities to the good! SHR! Maybe it will help them?! They have the talent and the energy, it just needs to be channeled in the right direction. Let's see how they act when they have the ownership and responsibility.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke

Return to NASCAR & Racing